PDA

View Full Version : V8 powered Riding Mower???

Honda300ex
05-17-2003, 03:36 PM
I am gonna be bored this summer and i have a old craftsman mower that the frame has been hacked on (put a 3.5hp push mower motor in it). But the rear end was shot so.. I just pushed it aside.. I got the 302 out of my 73 f-100 that has a knock and smokes but it would work. Then I got a c6 that has a small block bell housing so it would bolt right up. Then i got a Rear end out of a mustang 2. Do you guy think it would be fun to do? I am a pretty good welder i got a welder,torce (sp?), Cut off wheel, and a ton of scrap metal.. Tell me what you think?

smokinwrench
05-17-2003, 03:52 PM
I biult something like that years ago. 305, power glide and a narrowed ford 9" rearend. It was a comeplete waste of time and money. It was cool for about an afternoon. Friend of mine has a vw powered 1 in the making right now. Josh

Bill X_R
05-17-2003, 04:04 PM
I said no because I'm not sure how it would work with the steering. The engine would have to sit behind the steering stem...so that puts the engine Fan..oohhhhh right about at you nuts! Then the tranny and the rear end...Not saying it couldnt be done...Just not sure how

good luck tryin though

Honda300ex
05-17-2003, 04:32 PM
I did some measuering and it turn out the motor and trans would be longer than the whole thing... I might take the motor out of your derby car once we get done with it.. I want a stick so i dont have to mess with tranny lines... I am gonna TRY to build one....

ATCRYDER
05-20-2003, 08:12 PM
CHoice 2 for so many reasons.

J.D.
05-20-2003, 08:28 PM
I think it would be cool, but it would be ALOT of work...

Honda300ex
05-20-2003, 10:03 PM
I might build it after I got my truck adn 200x done.... ;)

FullBore
05-21-2003, 05:45 AM
It would be a lot of pretty pointless work unless you did it all out in chrome or nice paint or whatever then ya could cruise the streets just looking slick, If you have it going anymore than like 40 mph you'll kill yourself! The steering and brakes would have to be good, think what would happen if the front wheels started shimmying at 50:!: Just run a 12hp briggs OHV and let it rev, they do well.

Nat

Honda300ex
05-21-2003, 08:46 AM
I got it all planed out.. The Motor will be all ford blue, the mower is already Silver, I am gonna put some big wheelie bars on back and i have to find out a way to mount these mag wheels i got onto 4 lug rear axle, I was not going to build it too look good.. Just to make people say WTF? when i drive by about 30mph with the sound of open headers!!!!...