PDA

View Full Version : Team Harescrambles... BACK!!!

Derrick Adams
10-14-2007, 09:04 PM
For all of you that thought Smith Road races were fun, we can top it!

They got wise and brought back the team harescrambles for this winter. These races last 1.5 hours and run non-stop. We've had record numbers of trikes at these races before, so lets put together some teams. This is NOT motocross. There are no real jumps, just obsticals like ruts, mud, creek crossings, hills, etc. (This is closed coarse racing though, not thru a woods)

Teams can consist of:
2 riders with 2 bikes (most advisable in case of mechanical failures)
2 riders with 1 bike
1 rider with 1 or 2 bikes (IRONMAN)

I'm giving everyone plenty of time to plan for these races. So HOPEFULLY we can beat the record of 8 trike teams!

The dates are:
January 27th 2008
February 17th 2008

If you are from Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, or Kentucky this may be a great way to have some winter fun on your trike!

(Just for the record, i'm undefeated!)

ProCarbine2k1
10-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Im game if my trike ever gets finished!

atctim
10-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Who wants to team up with me????? I'm down!

ProCarbine2k1
10-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Ill need someone.. my trike should be finished soon, gotta stay on my welder!

brapp
10-14-2007, 11:35 PM
i need to get my 450 finished need to gusset it up and i woudl love to run it solo wellhave to see. hope to be there.

SpeedBump
10-15-2007, 03:41 AM
i need to get my 450 finished need to gusset it up and i would love to run it solo. we'll have to see. hope to be there.

I did...it sucked! :lol: Not really.....it was a blast. The MUD was the biggest challenge, not the other racers! I should be able to make it out for a race or two.

Derek, you only went undefeated cause you rode the 3leg's coat-tails! :twisted:

SpeedBump
10-15-2007, 03:48 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=43856&highlight=muddy

Louis Mielke
10-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm in for the 27th!!!!!! I've just taken off work the 25th and the 28th. I'm gonna need a host!!! Anyone got a spot in the garage or in a dog house, or a pickup truck bed or even a barn?

Kintore
10-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Hey timmy, how about shooting for the FEB race? of if you got a bike ill do the january one??? Casper ill I dont think will be done then, I suppose I could run my dads R....

atctim
10-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Josh

If Casper is gonna be ready in Feb - let's just shoot for it - I'll run it on the 500 and we should take "Somebodies" undefeated status right out from under him!!!

I'm in - so are we a team? We'll just need a team Name!!!!

3leggeddog
10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
team name-how about "the jolly green candian bacon",or "lurch,and bacon racin",maybe"i'm too big for anything but a 500,and thats what i'm talkin boot racing"?

Jason Hall
10-15-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm In for the february race, just need a partner.

jason85atc250r
10-15-2007, 07:35 PM
i'm down for both dates racing by myself. i could use a place to crash like Loius and a website to get directions and info.

how long are the laps?

Derrick Adams
10-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Derek, you only went undefeated cause you rode the 3leg's coat-tails! :twisted:

Oh..... contray to that belief, I'm the big dog. :rolleyes:

We will find accomodations for anyone that wants to come race. A couple things for you guys to think about...

This is an endurance race, so if you cant start your 450/500 in 20 degree temps, when your tired and the bike is hot, leave it at home! Stick to the basics on this one. 3/4 throttle and a nice stock R, Z or 200X/350X will get you very far. I have literally stalled my Z climbing a hill and was so tired I had to wait a few minutes to lift my leg to start it. This is NOT a race for Casper, or any other MX bike for that matter. Full airboxs are needed and expect mud in everything.

MUD PANSIES need not apply

Overheating can be an issue running this long and hard, so if your jetted for max power, FATTEN IT UP! (Right Jason ;) )

Don't try IRONMAN unless your extremely conditioned.

See you guys there!

Go "Team Canadian Sasquatch"!!!

Chevy200s
10-15-2007, 09:43 PM
You think it would be worth running with an air cooled R and a 200x? not trying to win, just to run it for fun and for my buddy and I to say we raced trikes at least once in ohio. If its worth doing I would drive out there...

jason85atc250r
10-15-2007, 09:57 PM
1 1/2 hours should not be to bad.

i raced a couple GNCC nationals on REX my 400ex with 250r motor and finished 14 of 22 at Unadilla. they are 2 hours. was my 1st national in 10 years.

my trike and quad are a little on the rich side always so jetting should be cool.

Kintore
10-15-2007, 10:47 PM
yah im running my fathers R Tim, itll be ready whenver. How about the feb race for sure then?
oh
I like the team name
"Givr the beans!"

Derrick Adams
10-16-2007, 04:26 AM
You think it would be worth running with an air cooled R and a 200x? not trying to win, just to run it for fun and for my buddy and I to say we raced trikes at least once in ohio. If its worth doing I would drive out there...

Not only is it worth running, but you could easily win! I know of 2 times the OVERALL was won on 200X's. The fastest bike isn't always the winner. It's all about being durable and consistant. (Not getting stuck helps too :p )

atctim
10-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Hmmmm - maybe my Big Red would be more suited for this race then - Didn't really think of the mud factor.

Go Team "Bacon -N- Beans"!!!!!!!

SYKO
10-16-2007, 09:12 AM
man... I wish this was closer, this sounds like fun! theres only 1 race down here that we can compete in like that, and its allready passed, I wanted to do the Iron man, but unless they would let me run around the course with out a machine, as I had none running at the time I couldnt compete. lol

Chevy200s
10-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Not only is it worth running, but you could easily win! I know of 2 times the OVERALL was won on 200X's. The fastest bike isn't always the winner. It's all about being durable and consistant. (Not getting stuck helps too :p )

Well in that case I'm definitly in, sounds like a lot of fun! This should be a nice thing to hold me over till trikefest 08, haha. I'll need more information as it gets closer but yeah I'm definlty in, looking forward to it!

Louis Mielke
10-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Oh..... contray to that belief, I'm the big dog. :rolleyes:

We will find accomodations for anyone that wants to come race. A couple things for you guys to think about...

This is an endurance race, so if you cant start your 450/500 in 20 degree temps, when your tired and the bike is hot, leave it at home! Stick to the basics on this one. 3/4 throttle and a nice stock R, Z or 200X/350X will get you very far. I have literally stalled my Z climbing a hill and was so tired I had to wait a few minutes to lift my leg to start it. This is NOT a race for Casper, or any other MX bike for that matter. Full airboxs are needed and expect mud in everything.

MUD PANSIES need not apply

Overheating can be an issue running this long and hard, so if your jetted for max power, FATTEN IT UP! (Right Jason ;) )

Don't try IRONMAN unless your extremely conditioned.

See you guys there!

Go "Team Canadian Sasquatch"!!!

Derrick, paint me a mental picture of this thing. Would you say its comparable to running last trikefests poker run in soupy mudd for an 1 1/2 hour straight or worse? Is it garantteed to be a muddy mess? can we ride the course before the official event to get the jist of it? I'm in no matter what I just picked up my vaction request approval!

Kintore
10-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Hmmmm - maybe my Big Red would be more suited for this race then - Didn't really think of the mud factor.

Go Team "Bacon -N- Beans"!!!!!!!

Oh hell ya! I like the sound of this. Bacon n beans are here to roll out! bahaha :w00t: :lol:

Still going to run fathers R with a few mods :)

See ya there Derrick :D

SpeedBump
10-18-2007, 04:06 AM
Derrick, paint me a mental picture of this thing. Would you say its comparable to running last trikefests poker run in soupy mudd for an 1 1/2 hour straight or worse? Is it garantteed to be a muddy mess? can we ride the course before the official event to get the jist of it? I'm in no matter what I just picked up my vaction request approval!
Did you look at the pics in the link from my previous post? If not...check some of them out. Here is the link again. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=43856&highlight=muddy

BTW, I think the weather was a bit colder one year (Feb Race) and the course was solid with little to no mud, but very slick.

Louis Mielke
10-18-2007, 07:49 AM
Did you look at the pics in the link from my previous post? If not...check some of them out. Here is the link again. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=43856&highlight=muddy

BTW, I think the weather was a bit colder one year (Feb Race) and the course was solid with little to no mud, but very slick.

Are you comming speedbump? You can run my 350x if you want. I'll take the 250r.

atctim
10-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Can someone tell me the name of the town where this race is located? I wanna mapquest it!

keister
10-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I am up for the February 17th run. Just gotta call my buddy and make sure he gets the weekend off. We will run a 250ES / 350X combo. Sounds like a blast!

Kintore
10-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey tim, its galion ohio

Dusty
10-18-2007, 02:19 PM
welp im in i just need a partner.....

SpeedBump
10-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Are you comming speedbump? You can run my 350x if you want. I'll take the 250r.

That sounds greatt...we gonna team up? I'll have to be able to get the day off after it...too hard racing...then driving home 5+ hours and still gettin up at 3:30am for work.

As it stands...I want to go. If you can get that Monday off, we'll just hang there that night...roll in this way Monday. Orrrr we can head home after and you can just chill here and head home Monday. I'll give ya a call this weekend. Got lots going on with this garage addition....VERY close to being a real STRUCTURE!

SpeedBump
10-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Had to.....just about as funny a pic I have seen.:naughty:

girlsride2
10-18-2007, 07:42 PM
LOL...speedbump....you're gonna get me killed!!!!! Too funny!!!

Louis Mielke
10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
That sounds greatt...we gonna team up? I'll have to be able to get the day off after it...too hard racing...then driving home 5+ hours and still gettin up at 3:30am for work.

As it stands...I want to go. If you can get that Monday off, we'll just hang there that night...roll in this way Monday. Orrrr we can head home after and you can just chill here and head home Monday. I'll give ya a call this weekend. Got lots going on with this garage addition....VERY close to being a real STRUCTURE!

Consider us a team then, I have both friday and monday off already. Now all we need is a team name. lol

Mama Dawn!!!!! Been awhile since I've seen you post! You gonna make this event?

thefox
10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Now that is advanced warning! I will only be taking one class in the spring (Woot!!!) so as long as I don't have to work (where ever that will be) I will make the trip out, doubt I will have a machine but I will bring a camera.

Derrick Adams
10-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Looks like we have some teams shaping up already! Come ready for MUD....

jason85atc250r
10-18-2007, 09:06 PM
i'm definitly coming for both with either my 85 atc250r or race a quad the 400ex contraption i had at speedbumps ride.

i plan on racing by my lonesome.:lol:

Billy Golightly
10-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Do you guys ever have these during the summer? I might actually come up and race one if I wasn't gonna get mud frozen onto me :lol:

seddon
10-18-2007, 09:47 PM
where is this thing at

Chevy200s
10-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Alright, I talked to my buddy (klondike1020 here on the boards), we're in as a team too, any of you guys planning on making it to both of them? Thats what we were hoping to do, wanted to see what you guys usually did. Still gotta come up with a team name though..., maybe team Mud Nuts?, haha...have to think about it :wondering

Starting to really look forward to this guys, should help hold me over till Trikefest, haha

atctim
10-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Billy - I have heard that frozen mud is not only good for Florida skin, but is also good for the soul. It is also known to cure Irritable Trike Syndrome. You should try it :)

Bryan Raffa
10-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Do you guys ever have these during the summer? I might actually come up and race one if I wasn't gonna get mud frozen onto me :lol:

we'll dress you up like the little kid from the christmas story movie!;) :D

Derrick Adams
10-19-2007, 08:06 AM
where is this thing at

It's at Sunset Ramblers, in Galion, Ohio.

I will be racing both races. I'm sure there will be several trike teams at both races. Anyone thats considering it should shoot for the first one in January, cause after you run it you'll definately want to run the second one in February. If you only catch the second one you'll have to wait a whole year to run again.

Expect to run between 25 and 35 laps in 1.5 hours, depending on course size. Also expect to pass LOTS of quads because you WILL!!:TrikesOwn

MyMistress86R
10-26-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm down for both dates.

thefox
10-26-2007, 10:23 PM
I bet I could fit my atc 70 in the trunk of my civic. Do they give a diehard award? :eek:

Derrick Adams
10-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I bet I could fit my atc 70 in the trunk of my civic. Do they give a diehard award? :eek:

I think you would be the first to ever run an ATC70 in a harescramble!

88 Turbo Coupe
11-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I remember the Iron Man run on my 86R. Finished third in my class against the quads. 50 somthing miles of hell in 2 hours!! 7 mile course, did 8 laps. Even through the woods. The AMA sanctioned race at Eagleswood NJ (Sahara Sands) was pretty tough.

jason85atc250r
01-31-2008, 10:36 PM
did anybody race this? pics and info please.:lol:

just wondering how everybody did.

88 Turbo Coupe
02-01-2008, 07:08 AM
I did start a thread on Sahara Sands a while ago :)

atctim
02-01-2008, 09:11 AM
did anybody race this? pics and info please.:lol:

just wondering how everybody did.

Jason - the 1st race is February February 16th. you should venture out for it. It is gonna be awesome!

Russell 350X
02-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Crap, I wish I would look in this forum more often, I so want to do this for the Feb date. All the X needs is a carb kit and shes good to go, hell I order a carb kit tonight and have it running next weekend. Does anyone have a exact address, or a website to go to for this so I can mapquest it? From Parma to Galion its 1 1/2 hrs, not so bad, just need an exact address.

Russell 350X
02-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Well, I found their website, they say all riders need their 2007 rider card??http://www.sunsetramblers.com/Hare%20Scramble.htm

atctim
02-05-2008, 02:39 PM
You'll need a CRA (Competition Riders of America) membership card to compete in this event. I think they cost either $20 or $25 dollars and is good for any CRA event for 2008 - like other races there - or Faircross series or Summit Indoor or any other CRA sanctioned event. Sucks that you have to pay for it if you'll only use it once....

Here is their webpage:

http://home.alltel.net/racecra/

jason85atc250r
02-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Jason - the 1st race is February February 16th. you should venture out for it. It is gonna be awesome!

i'm down for this race when are you leaving? maybe io could meet you at your house and follow you out.

atctim
02-05-2008, 09:10 PM
i'm down for this race when are you leaving? maybe io could meet you at your house and follow you out.

I am actually just getting all the details as we speak - I'll post em up when I know.

jason85atc250r
02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
thats cool let me know what up

Russell 350X
02-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Bummer guys, looks like it got cancelled, look on their website.