PDA

View Full Version : Tri Z flattracker

idahoZ
10-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey Guys, Nice to have a racers area since thats why i own my Z.... I am cleaning up this Tri z I bought and getting it ready for Indoor flattrack this winter, We hope to have 6-8 guys out there in our own trike class.
So far i had the forks shortened, got a couple lowering links on the way, bought some 16' american racers for the rear, bought a G force axle,, I am cleaning up the stock shrouds and aribox cover as someone thought it would be a great idea to spray paint them blue! arggg!! anyways on to my questions....
Anybody tried fitting YFZ rear plastic on one of these? looks like Derick did but not positive? What about those big square front number plates that are screen in the middle? would love to find one.....
I will have to post some pics of our first event, I think you guys will like it.
Thanks

Kintore
10-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Derrick fit banshee plastics if im not mistaken on his 4 fiddy

tecat-z
10-17-2007, 11:18 PM
for the # plates, search D.C. plastics. He has them for Tecates. But i'm sure they can be made to work on a tri-z.

idahoZ
10-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys! I will call DC tomorrow.. I also am checking out the banshee rear plastic idea.
I got my forks shortened 4".. I just installed a Banshee stock "dogbone" in the rear and it sits just right...
Do you guys know if the stock Banshee thumb throttle will work on my Z? Mine is super sloppy/worn out??

Billy Golightly
10-19-2007, 11:15 AM
What carb are you running? If your running anything larger then the stock Z 32mm you'll probably need to upgrade to the 85-86 250R thumb throttle that'll lift the carb slide the additional height. Welcome to the forum BTW, have fun flat tracking.

Bryan Raffa
10-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I think Im gonna switch to these banshee race cut

http://www.maier-mfg.com/ezcart/products/18956.jpg

idahoZ
10-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks Billy, The motor is all stock, so is the pipe. It does have a new DG silencer. Im leaving the motor alone, We are running a small indoor track so having any more power wont help me. I am concentrating on suspension/tires/gearing for now.

Bryan Raffa
10-19-2007, 06:41 PM
small tracks are where the tri-z performs well ..lots of low grunt!

whats your plan for droping the rear?

idahoZ
10-19-2007, 09:18 PM
BR, I Have raced Banshee's in the past and when i saw the Tri Z rear end i recognized parts... I replaced the stock Z dog bone with a Stock Banshee one and dropped the rear to what i think is perfect, A I also mounted up a pair of 16' american racer tires, most are 18' but these 16' are pretty neat. The Stock Z rear dog bone is 1 5/8''s center hole to center hole, while the stock banshee part is 3''..

Bryan Raffa
10-19-2007, 10:15 PM
yes you are correct your on the right path! them 16'' tires gotta look slick..

Heres the one I use for drag racing,, both my ice bikes will have these the center hole is stock banshee length..as you can see Im more than stock length.

torker
12-03-2007, 09:44 PM
IdahoZ, please :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics:
Thank You.

TORKER.

tri-Z ripper
02-28-2008, 08:55 PM
any updates