PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaw leaks Oil

Banage
10-19-2007, 06:18 PM
I got a gas, 16'' McCulloch saw. Every time I leave it sit for more then an hour, What ever is left of the bar and chain oil leaks out from under the bar. Any ideas of how to stop it? Its not leaking from the cap, and I shouldn't have to dump whats ever left out every time I use it. Thanks in advance.

4cylinders
10-19-2007, 07:08 PM
hey, it's just drain down, which is normal. saws are like babies, so put a diaper on it, under it.

ceaserthethird
10-19-2007, 08:09 PM
never seen my saw do that .... O wait it's Electric

jeffatc250r
10-20-2007, 12:06 AM
I deal with saws all day every day as i am a logger. If its leakin its prob got a crack somewhere. Try taking the bar off and see where its coming from, if its hard to see it, try puting diesel fuel in, it will come out faster so you can see where its coming from. All i run are stihl and huskys, not farmiliar with the homeowner saws, but you may be able to seal it up with some sort of crap like jb weld or something of the sorts to keep your floor from becoming an oil slick. There are several different oiler setups on chainsaws, some have a rubber line that can get a break in it, others arent as eaasy to fix, or you coulb have a crack in the oil tank itself. Let us know where its coming from.