PDA

View Full Version : Well after almost 17 years--------

mike from long island
10-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Of doing carpentry,I finally cut my thumb on the tablesaw!!!.Lucky for me it,no major damage.But it is enough damage to slow me down.I didnt have a camera to take pics(dang it) But it was pretty ugly.Wife took me to the Emergency Room.First question they asked "did you cut it off?" Nope.Then sit down your gonna be here awhile.So anyways the Doctor looked it over.Remove the cut skin.He couldnt stictch it up because of the angle of the cut.So this is going to take a little longer to heal.This could not have come at a worse time!!!!!!! Many bills and I screwed myself with taxes!! So it is a speed bump right now.But I am hung up on it!!! I can and will get threw this.But with out my thumb it gonna take a little longer.Man I wish I had a camera!!!!!!!! Stupid stubborn arse I am.Told the wife,what the helll do I need a camera in my new phone!!! Anyways i fiugred you guy would have some good joke for me anb my dumb butt cutting the thumb up!!!

If it still looks gross when I go to get it cleaned in 2 days,Ill be sure to have a camera for you all to see my little booboo. :D

Howdy
10-25-2007, 06:37 PM
I know the feeling ( Knee surgery last year ), and it really bites. I have cofidence you will survive and be back at it in no time.

For faster recovery go soak it "in cider". rotflmfao
Howdy

Dammit!
10-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Was it your throttle thumb?

mike from long island
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Was it your throttle thumb?

YUP!!!!!!!! And I am a righty!!! I am still going to try and work tomorrow.Luckly I am trimming a house so no big lifting or demo work. After all these years of never getting hurt it had to happen now???What up with that?? I havent cut off or given the finger to any buses full of nuns and priests???? What gives big guy?

hublake
10-25-2007, 07:17 PM
It was bound to happen. Anybody who works in carpentry will sooner or later cut a finger off or do some thing. I taught woodshop in school cut the tip of my ring finger off in a class once and a couple of years ago chewed up the middle finger on the left hand. Have recovered fine and they give me no problems. Both of these happened because I was being carless and doing things I shouldn't have been doing.

Bryan Raffa
10-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Ha.. I've had over 500 stitches so far from dumb stuff,car accidents,work. They know me very well in emergancy..:lol: My first stitches ever were to my head were from a 200m into a pine tree.:w00t:

I work with saws every day too.. your lucky thats all ..try shooting yourself with a nail gun..:eek::lol:

my buddy just cut his toe off with the push mower:eek:

heal up!:D

mike from long island
10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Ha.. I've had over 500 stitches so far from dumb stuff,car accidents,work. They know me very well in emergancy..:lol: My first stitches ever were to my head were from a 200m into a pine tree.:w00t:

I work with saws every day too.. your lucky thats all ..try shooting yourself with a nail gun..:eek::lol:

my buddy just cut his toe off with the push mower:eek:

heal up!:D

this doesnt make me feel any better lol

Bryan Raffa
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
you'll be a amazed how quick it will heal ..few days of tenderness ..

Taxes...:rolleyes: 1099's KILL ME! havent had a tax return in 8 years...:(

ever thought of movin off the island? PLENTY work up this way;) Little cheeper too

mike from long island
10-25-2007, 08:37 PM
you'll be a amazed how quick it will heal ..few days of tenderness ..

Taxes...:rolleyes: 1099's KILL ME! havent had a tax return in 8 years...:(

ever thought of movin off the island? PLENTY work up this way;) Little cheeper too

Plenty of times I have thought of moving.I actually have a job interview in Virginia.I am going down to visit my mother in law for thanksgiving.She knows an older gentlemen who does restoration and wants to talk.I love long island.Almost all my family is here and all my friends too.The biggest reason to move is there is no where to ride here!!! O ya and it is very expensive to live.But riding mostly... :lol:

Bryan Raffa
10-25-2007, 08:44 PM
ya I hear ya there.. good luck on the job deal.. gonna take 200xman with ya:lol: gotta have someone to ride with!

mike from long island
10-25-2007, 09:41 PM
ya I hear ya there.. good luck on the job deal.. gonna take 200xman with ya:lol: gotta have someone to ride with!

He might come,but his wife wouldnt. That might not be a bad thing!!! Ill have to run it by him.;) :D ;)

jason85atc250r
10-25-2007, 11:27 PM
he will have orangshee to ride with hes from virginia and all of us from PA.

i fell your pain i cut the end of my one finger off in wood shop in school.

thefox
10-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Wow cut up your finger and you still type better then brapp! :D

Do the doctors expect any permanent damage other then a scar?

mapyang
10-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I am sorry dude I guess redoing my sisters bar area will have to wait:lol: just kidding I cut the top of my right thumd on a bandsaw in school when I was 14, still can't feel it and I am right handed too. If you need any help with anything just give me a call . Say hi to Kerri & Grace for me.
Drew

mike from long island
10-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I am sorry dude I guess redoing my sisters bar area will have to wait:lol: just kidding I cut the top of my right thumd on a bandsaw in school when I was 14, still can't feel it and I am right handed too. If you need any help with anything just give me a call . Say hi to Kerri & Grace for me.
Drew

Hey thanks drew.I am going back to work on monday weather I want to or not.I have to go to the doctor tomorrow for a check up.Hopefully they will give me a small bandage wrap so I can work.I will only be slow for the next few weeks.Ill get the bar for your sis. Mike

Yamahauler
10-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Thats sucks man. What were ya doing when you got knicked?

A guy i work with shot himself in the leg just below the knee right through the bone with a 3 1/4" nail...he has been out for over a month, so things could be worse!

Thumbs up for a speedy recovery!! http://www.trackshare.com/forum/images/smilies/Thumbs%20up.gif

Dirtcrasher
10-29-2007, 12:45 PM
About 2 years ago, my buddies friend slipped while going down a ladder while holding a nail gun. Went right through his heart and killed him within a half an hour.

Neighbor 2 houses down put a nail right through his kneecap almost the same way.

Hope it's healing up Mike!!

motorola79
10-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Mike, i think its time you invest on the SAWSTOP !
Just look at the videos in the site, it`s a great invention

http://www.sawstop.com/