PDA

View Full Version : Alltel wireless card

longbedGTs
10-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Anyone have Alltel wireless internet? Are you having problems with being disconnected at random times? So far, this wireless crap sucks! I dont know wtf is up, but Im about to tell Alltel to take their 2 year contract and shove it up their butt. On the bright side, its pretty quick speed when it stays connected. You NEVER know how long that'll be. Anyway, back to the question. Anyone else have ALL-smell? :lol:

SYKO
10-28-2007, 07:27 PM
I had it for a while but it sucked! lol, you have to look at each companies coverage, they have a sheet of the U S that shows where there network works and dosnt, most likely there are complete areas of almost very little to no service, some providers might have it better in some areas but then not good in areas were yours is, 50% chance changing providers will help, oh btw were you home today? I didnt see a truck there I was going to stop by

team-red-rider
10-28-2007, 08:55 PM
i got Alltel and Suckular(cingular) :lol: and by far Alltel is THE BEST provider ive used weve also had verizon (also good can roam on alltel) and sprint :lol: dont even think about sprint thats like using a tin can and string. and yes i got the wireless car from alltel that chineese one it works great...what you prolly need to do is update your driver ....as they expand the net work it dosent know about the new towers so every once in a while alltel updates the list (PRL and all that stuff) like on your fone u dial *228 to update it...if u need help the easiest way to get to tech support is 18002706080 which is the Alltel Retail support line..and oh yeh CINGULAR(AT&T) IS NOT RAISING THE BAR>>>>THEY ARE DESTORYING IT! i get worse reception everyday!
ALLTEL IS THE BEST !

smokinwrench
10-28-2007, 10:49 PM
I have Alltel air card and its great, sicne they got it fixed.

When I first got it it would disconnect all the time and was horrible. Problem was when it fires up it fires up on a dial up server then switches over to broadband. They did not have my aircard serial # registered into the broadband server so it would switch over to broadband then disconnect back to a dialup server.

longbedGTs
10-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Then I wonder what my problem is? Ive called tech support numerous times all to no avail. Weve set up a different dialing procedure, to trying to change the PRL version(wtf ever that is), to them trying to say its a problem with my computer. This area I live in is a really low area(my cell sometimes only gets one bar, if that) so Im wondering if thats the problem.

smokinwrench
10-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Mine is a company computer and about 10 of us got air cards at the same time. Everyone of them had the same problem. It did take them awhile to figure it out. One day I had to sit in the shop and talk to them at alltell while hooked up so they could trace everything out.

I also live in the sticks with a few places with zero cell phone reception. We have also recently got external antenaes that help tremendously.

team-red-rider
10-29-2007, 10:42 AM
PRL is the Preferred Roaming List...lets it know what towers to use. same thing dialing *228 on the fones do.

longbedGTs
10-31-2007, 10:53 AM
So, I call Alltel again. I was informed that this is an on going problem in their server! :eek: No f'n sh1t! My 'problem' was reported to the 'Data Tech Team' for analysis. Wonder what will become of this. Either they fix it or Im going to be breaking a 2 yr contract. :mad:

smokinwrench
10-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Seems to me they already broke the contract by not giving you the quality service that you paid for.

longbedGTs
10-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Seems to me they already broke the contract by not giving you the quality service that you paid for.

Yes sir! Im not paying $60/mo for marginal service. I understand things happen, but they shouldnt last for a month(this has been going on since 2 weeks after I got the card). They said thier people should contact me in 5 business days to see if everything is ok. If not, their losing a customer and I will be losing multiple headaches.
BTW, I asked the rep if they had the serial # registered on the broadband server. She said everything is as it should be. :rolleyes:
When I can, I go right to youtube and open up a thousand windows and suck up all the bandwidth/whateveritscalled I can. Need to get my moneys worth. :D

team-red-rider
10-31-2007, 05:41 PM
hey idk whats up? but my alltel card is working fine? try IF U HAVE FREE ROAMING!!!!! changing the SID to a Verizon SID..(system id number) it will tell u if its a card or network issue...if u neeed help pm me