PDA

View Full Version : my gripe-misinformation

jimeeatc
10-29-2007, 11:33 AM
well, let me start with this site is awesome@ its great this site is around. its full of all kinds of good info and people and more. however i just have a problem with newcomers to the atc scene that reply to questons or posts etc. when they have no knowledge on the subject in question, nor familiar with or never had the bike in question. let me say i dont want to judge or question peoples' abilities or knowledge, but some people shouldnt respond if you dont really know. just give the post some time and let someone who knows answer please. i dont think i know more than the next, nor do i pretend. heres an example; gee, i never owned one, but maybe you should try.............. or; i never have done it maybe you should.......i think its great people want to help, but come on. dont pretend kiddies.

Dirtcrasher
10-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Your spot on. I fixed and worked on allot of machines but I know nothing about a Tecate or Tri-Z either I don't post on those topics unless it's "how do I fix a broken stud on my Tecate".

I think the post count has allot to do with why people reply :postwhore . Lots of time a reply is a waste of space but then again, it is a Forum about a sport we all love and it would be boring as heck if every reply was spot on and to the point.

Still though, I think it's good "advice" to not give advice about something you've never owned or never fixed/done yourself.

This is why people had me believing that 85 350X's were a 5 speed. I can't wait till that get posted again :naughty: