PDA

View Full Version : Talking trikes in Iraq.

LonesomeTriZ
10-30-2007, 01:26 AM
I was sitting at a table the other day in the chow hall and some one in broken english asked me about my Trike Fest shirt. I turned around and what followed was a great conversation about three wheelers. It turns out the two guys I was talking to was friends from the same town in Bosnia. Yeah, Bosnia. Just about every nationality is represinted here. Anyhoo, they were telling about about the three wheelers they had back home. One said he had a Kawasaki and the other a "red fast Honda". They asked me if we could still buy them in the States. They were difficult to understand, but that had to be the best conversation I have had since I left home. It just goes to show you never know what commonalities you may share with some one until you actually get to know them.

:TrikesOwn

Nick_R_23
10-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Yeah when I was down in Seattle, Washington passing through from picking up my 250R this summer, I had my "Willowbilly Trikers Assoc." shirt on when eating breakfast at the hotel, some guy came up to me and asked about it, and ended up having a similar conversation to yours. Its great knowing theres someone else beside you that shares your hobby,,,,and isnt afraid to talk to a complete stranger about it. :welcome:

-Nick :TrikesOwn

LonesomeTriZ
10-30-2007, 05:49 AM
That is nto the first time my Trikefest T-shirt has gotten me into a conversation. Hell all I wear damn near is trike related shirts. My Tri-Z shirt has gotten more than its fair share of attention. I just never thought that Bonsia had trikes. I do not know why I thought that. It was cool to see these guys get excited over it. Hopefully we will see them as new members soon. Although the internet is kind of hard to get to for some of them.

SYKO
10-30-2007, 08:23 AM
thats cool, i always woundered why we dont have many other trikers from differnt countries, like say any one from africa ( i know thats a continent) or russia or...canada...oh wait we got lots of crazy canadians!

LonesomeTriZ
10-30-2007, 10:05 AM
We have some of those damned Canadians here as well. :welcome:

:lol:

steven 250sx
10-30-2007, 12:27 PM
:naughty: :beer yessir

SPD FRK
10-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Canadians!!:( Lock the door and hide your daughters!!

On Topic, I have a friend from Latvia who used to think I was crazy (like most of the uninformed) until an alleged hot blond took him out on her yama-something. Now he won't shut up about trikes. I told him if I had boobs, he would have known already because, "I tried to tell ya didn't I?"

motorola79
10-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Oh man, you´re in Iraq? When do you return home?
Do you meet anyone from South America there? i dont think so... :wondering
Good luck and take care

LonesomeTriZ
10-30-2007, 11:49 PM
I met some one from Argentina. Did I spell that correctly? Anyhoo, a lot of people have asked me about them. A good chunk of them have been people from out side thr U.S. Just last night I think I converted a quad guy from Mississippi.

Brockey
10-31-2007, 06:53 PM
Just blame Canada. There are so many trikes still kicking here but none on here. hmmm.... Gonna have to recruit. lol

LonesomeTriZ
11-01-2007, 12:29 AM
It is not hard if you get some one willing to listen.