PDA

View Full Version : Handguns.

icp4life162005
11-02-2007, 02:14 AM
So anyone have any? I am eying up a Hi-Point C-9. It fires a 9mm Luger, is extremely reliable and very inexpensive at less the $175 NEW with 2 mags. It will mostly be for target shooting, with minimal open carry until I am 21, and home/self defense if ever needed(hope not). So what do you own or use? Anyone have a Hi-Point?

Edit: I almost forgot the best part! The Hi-point has a lifetime guarantee with a NO QUESTIONS ASKED POLICY!

Scooter77
11-02-2007, 04:56 AM
I own a Hi-Point C9.....They're not extremely reliable, But they're reliable enough. Mine tends to be picky with ammo, It likes CCI Blazer and remington the best. I only shelled out $114 for mine brand new and with the no questions asked life time warranty...you cant go wrong. But i would take a Smith & Wesson Sigma (either 9mm or .40 cal) or a Ruger P95 DC over the Hi-point anyday. Sigmas usualy run about $290-$350, Rugers about the same. The best pistol i'v ever owned though was my Glock 30 in .45 ACP. excellent carry gun. Anyway guns were my first hobby and a long time interest of mine so if you have any questions about a guns..just let me know. :cool:

Trikeaholic
11-02-2007, 07:20 AM
is your life only worth $179? Reliable enough? It better be 100% reliable!

400exguy
11-02-2007, 07:23 AM
I personally do not have a handgun but my brother and uncle have a few. They seem to like Barretta but they can be pricy. My brothers 22 was very picky with the ammom it would shoot without jamming. For some reason it would not shoot hallow points all that well. It would shoot a clip fine one time but then the next after two shoots the casing would get jammed while ejecting.

ScottZJ
11-02-2007, 08:11 AM
"Get rid of that nickle plated sissy pistol and get a Real gun, a Glock"...........haha
With that quote being said, that is pretty much all I own. I have 12 glocks of different size and caliper and a few others, (like a Colt Pony .380, pocket rocket).
But as trike man said, my family is worth much more than a few hundred dollars, so I stick with what I know works 100% of the time. Cheap guns will only get you hurt or killed. Spend the money on brand names and remember when paying 500 or so for one, is your family worth it?...........peace

SYKO
11-02-2007, 08:28 AM
I have a desert eagle, its wicked, I keep it hidden very well, it has a few mods done to it, enough that I dont need to explain any more about it. nuff said.

85ytz250n
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM
I have had several pistols in the past and will probably have several more. I personally like the Springfield Armory XD series, any caliber except .45 GAP. Like the guys above said when I am using something to protect myself and my family 100% is all that I will take. If you are getting a pistol for target shooting and not really for CC then I would get a little ruger .22, you cant go wrong with that pistol and you can shoot it for a week on a ten dollar box of shells. If you have friends that have guns then spend a while carrying/shooting before you make a choice.

Barry

Scooter77
11-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Those eagles are monsters if chambered in .50AE. They come in 3 calibers, 357mag, 44 mag, and .50 action express. Thats true what everyone else said..if your looking for a carry gun..dont go cheap on it unless you really cant afford anything else. Any guns better than none when it comes down to needing one. But i'd go with at least a ruger..or smith & wesson. They're not expensive and they're high quality. Also about berettas, they cost just about as much as a glock (way more if stainless) and dont like being dirty at all. Im sure this wont happen in everyday city life but check out these videos. They show the reliability difference. Glock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZ0kxhDA3Y Beretta:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc_Rqm0bESI :beer

Banage
11-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I personally do not have a handgun but my brother and uncle have a few. They seem to like Barretta but they can be pricy. My brothers 22 was very picky with the ammom it would shoot without jamming. For some reason it would not shoot hallow points all that well. It would shoot a clip fine one time but then the next after two shoots the casing would get jammed while ejecting.

That .22 is probably a .22 short. That would be the jam problem if he gets longs

Scooter77
11-02-2007, 09:13 AM
If your bro is getting FTF or failures to feed in his 22, Tell him to polish the feed ramp. If he's getting SP or stove pipes then its either his extractor or a very gummed up action. My old marlin started stove piping about every other shot. I stripped it down and it was filled with burnt powder residue, gave it a good scrub and its back to normal. I fire tons of .22lr though and that was after about 3000 rounds.

Vealmonkey
11-02-2007, 06:12 PM
I've had a colt 1911 for years. A buddy of mine bought a glock and had really talked about its performance and reliability. Once I shot a glock, I've got to say I'm hooked. I have a glock in 45 acp and a glock 9mm. They are hard to beat. About the only thing I don't like about the glock is, you have to change the barrel out to fire lead bullets. Other than that they are hard to beat. And they also come in 3 different sizes for each caliber. The aftermarket for the glocks is amazing, pretty much anything you can think of really. Also if you want to spend the money and get your class 3, you can find the glock 9mm in fully automatic, but they are fairly rare.

SWIGIN
11-02-2007, 06:27 PM
i have a taurus pt 101 .40 cal

looks just like a beretta

Bryan Raffa
11-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Watch out!!!:eek: :eek: E Dog,, Packin Heat!:eek: :eek: is that how you keep that pretty little blond around the house:lol:

icp4life162005
11-02-2007, 07:12 PM
I really like the Glocks myself but cannot afford one at this time. And for home defense the pistol would be back up for the 12 gauge mossburg pump.

ATC-Eric
11-02-2007, 07:33 PM
[B][I][U][SIZE="4"][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Red"]
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/100_2710.jpg

WHOAH WHOAH WHAOH!!! :eek:

What I meant to say was I think your curtains are very pretty, you made a good choice!!!

ATC-Eric
11-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Like how my little plates on the wall match the curtains?:D

Hey man, whatever you say!!! Just put the pea shooter down!

SYKO
11-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Like how my little plates on the wall match the curtains?:D

im not scared of you......what im scared of is that gay azz table cover you got going on there wtf?!:crazy: your mom lives with you dont she?:rolleyes:

timex69
11-02-2007, 08:37 PM
lol..this is why you dont post pics of your home..all the fasion desinors come out and give you advice

Bryan Raffa
11-02-2007, 10:36 PM
lol..this is why you dont post pics of your home..all the fasion desinors come out and give you advice

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :w00t:

icp4life162005
11-03-2007, 07:55 AM
Hey you may be better off in your shooting if you don't close your left eye like your looking in a scope. For most people they are much better shooters when they learn to keep both open.

Trikeaholic
11-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey you may be better off in your shooting if you don't close your left eye like your looking in a scope. For most people they are much better shooters when they learn to keep both open.

:lol: :lol: :lol: True, True.

Jim mac
11-03-2007, 09:31 PM
you know for the price, Id just get it. but you should do some shopping around, I saw a few at the local gun store for $125. so you should be able to do alot better.
As for what others say about buying a cheap gun. you can spend 2500 on a handgun and someone will still say its a pos, you should get something else. I say buy it, play with it, if its works for you, great, if not just sell it and buy something else. Theres always gun nuts willing to buy anything that shoots or doesnt shoot. I sold a .22 buckmark frame, and some misc parts for $50. I bought it at a swap meet for 5 bucks. Jim

Trikeaholic
11-04-2007, 11:43 AM
I think Im going to look at Charter Arms Revolvers for the wife. I like the Undercover lite or the off duty for her, 12 oz! that is very nice, and the price is great!

mark38090
11-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Edog, I have basicallly the same thing in a Taurus Mod441 in 44spl. I handload Winchester Silvertips for it and I can shoot our qualification course for it at work and it works great. As for all you Glock guys... Over priced junk first time you get it good and dirty, run an escaped inmate through the woods with one and you better hope you don't have to shoot it, cause it's gonna be a dealers choice if it's gonna work or not. You can't beat a 4 inch revolver in .357mag for reliability. I hunt with a 6inch Ruger Vaquero in 44mag.

Thorpe
11-05-2007, 09:31 PM
I have a c/c and carry my Smith and Wesson Sigma .40 most everywhere... I have run about 600 rounds through it, and only had one defective round... And It was the shell that was defective.. It fired, but I could tell that it did not have the same amount of power as the other rounds, and it didnt have enough recoil to set the next round... For the $300 I spent on my sigma... I would do it again in a heartbeat... 3 of my friends have sigma's as well and all are very impressed with the piece for the price...

If you break into my house, You need not worry about my dog...

NINJA
11-06-2007, 01:49 AM
My Walther P99 .40 cal. It's a quick action. I have the MECGAR pre-ban clips for it. I always keep one clip full of 180 gr. Speer gold dots. I've put about 500 rounds through it. My girlfriend keeps a P22 I gave her in her purse:twisted:

NINJA
11-06-2007, 01:52 AM
OOPS forgot the pics, here ya go.

The Goat
11-06-2007, 04:20 AM
has no one said walther? a desert edition is soon to find its way into my gun cabinet

ScottZJ
11-06-2007, 09:11 AM
OOPS forgot the pics, here ya go.

Never........never put your finger on the trigger unless you are going to shoot it. :lol: :lol:

badasskfx
11-06-2007, 11:15 AM
i carry a springfield armory XD9 sub compact. awesome gun and very reliable. very simple to brake down and clean. cost $560ish new. heres a link check em out..
http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=59

NINJA
11-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Never........never put your finger on the trigger unless you are going to shoot it. :lol: :lol:

I deliberately did that just to see who would say something:lol: Now I know who mr. safety is. Isn't profiling fun?