PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki KE100

cmracer15
05-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Alright..well i was over talkin to my neighbor today, and happend to look in his shed when the door was open and seen a dirtbike and asked him what it was...he said ahh that thing has been in there for years..it was my sons,he moved out about 5 years ago. i ended up askin hhim if he would sell it and he said make an offer,i said 150 bucks and he said alright!..i was like WTF??/ wooohoooo!..i got home and wiped all the dust off of it,went thru the carb and cleaned it all up,put a new plug in it and it started 2nd kick! it runns pretty good.i think its a 94? model. It runs good but is missing most of the street legal type stuff on it. no tail light,mirros,turnsignal,horn,and the headlight is smashed..lol. otherwise it looks pretty good. i was thinkin, would i be able to make it look like more of a dirtbike by takin off the headlight and puttin a number plate there..and removin all the extra wires from all the switches that are not longer connected to somthin? and utt a new kx85???? front fender since this one is cracked. then puttin some knobbie type tires on it instead of road tires. has anyone had one of these? i have some extra sprockets for it..but havent played with them yet..i had it goin 53 today..but that was pretty maxed out..i have a 14 tooth main and a couple smaller rear sprockets for it..ill see how fast this thing can go. Has anyone seen one with all the crap takin off of it? ill probly do it and see how it goes..cant look any goofier then it already does! ohh yah..it has a set of aftermarket moose bars on it..what do you thing somthin like this is worth to resale??

Mobular
05-21-2003, 12:30 AM
My first "dirt" bike was a 74 Kawie G5 the exact same as the later KE100 series. I sold it years later to fund the 350X rebuild. I sure wish i still had it! Only had 1700 or so miles on it! For a little dual purpose ringer, it sure had some decent power. You have a nice little bike there...

Wickedfinger
05-21-2003, 05:10 PM
KE100's rock .... They are such a stone age bike (read: dual rear shock suspension) but boy are they are alot of fun and pretty much indestructable.