PDA

View Full Version : got a few engine questions, didnt kno were to put this to.

DarkestGKnight
11-10-2007, 12:34 AM
i didnt kno where to put this since its a custom job, well its not a trike but i was thinking about putting in a cr500 engine in my suzuki rs 250 frame. now just a few questions i have no problem making engine brackets and stuff but will the engine fit? to big for the frame? if so can u give me some other 250 or up 2 strokes that i can make fit, casue my engine now is a bad basket case and needs alot of parts. thanks tim

Cody
01-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Dude don't even worry about putting a cr500 motor in that frame. The frame is as strong and why would you do it anyway? Why don't you just sell the bike for what you got in it and get you something like a cr125?

oldskool83
01-04-2008, 06:48 PM
you need radiator mounts...you cant do that with an old air cooled bike if ya use the stock tank.

why dont you just get a running working bike and stop trying to put things in other things that make no sence...sorry i dont want to sound like a d!ck but you idea makes no sence.

Tri-ZNate
01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
you need radiator mounts...you cant do that with an old air cooled bike if ya use the stock tank.

why dont you just get a running working bike and stop trying to put things in other things that make no sence...sorry i dont want to sound like a d!ck but you idea makes no sence.

If he really wants to do it he can get an '84 cr500 or any of the 480cc air cooled bikes. But its been a few months so the bike has probably been scrapped :lol:

oldskool83
01-04-2008, 07:10 PM
totaly forgot about the aircooled 450's and 480's and 500...yeah he could do it:crazy:

DarkestGKnight
01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
nope the bikes fine i decided to restore it to orginal shape and im in the middle of the restoration right now, i dont see many of these bikes so im gonna get it back to great shape, i might do something with my yz80 frame tho when im finished with this. thanks for the help tho.

TeamGeek6
01-09-2008, 07:16 PM
The "Ultimate Quad". That was a combo that could eat the Quadzilla for lunch. Quadzilla was fast enough but awful heavy so it handled like a piano, but that 500 in a 250 frame is the kats ash. I recall someone that did it, and it scared him the power it had.