PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Honda ATC 250ES

gotcams?
11-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey everyone! New to the forums, and to three wheelers but I'm starting to work on a Big Red somebody just left in my driveway. It's in horrible shape but I'm taking Welding 101 at trade school so I have a little project to mess around with up there. Honestly I haven't the slightest clue as to what to do but it's coming along. So far I'm working on the engine at home on my time and doing frame mock-up at trade. I jot down sketchs and what not during class because I honestly don't have to take any classes.
Here are some photos of what's happening but you get the jist. Future modification are:
- Custom made swing arm to adapt a chain driven rear end.
- Custom handle bars
- Hopefully I'll try my luck with the hydroforming and make a gas tank
- Custom front and rear fenders (sheet metal)
- I'm adapting a Koni shock and cutting the stock spring to get the right
stance.
- Other frame modifications

I'm doing this as an English 4 project and it has to be in an informative article about welding. It can't be english related and what better way to do an english report, ay? I hope you like and I'll keep updates if this turns into a hit.

gotcams?
11-14-2007, 01:38 AM
Made some progress today at the shop and finally got that stubborn swing arm off. But the frames looking better by the hour and after I bring it home to mock up, I'll go back to the shop, make the brakets, and the paint. Should be done relatively soon, can't wait to start on the fenders. It's going to be fun.

I guess everyone's waiting for me to show them the handmade brackets and fenders huh?

rally4x4racer
11-16-2007, 12:23 AM
I wish someone would leave trikes in my driveway

BigTBones
12-17-2007, 02:12 AM
I wish someone would leave trikes in my driveway

Same here!!

Boltman
03-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey Gotcams:

New here too also with a 250es. My engine cases look worse for wear from sitting out for years. Your engine looks great. Did you bead blast it or sand blast it?

Thanks
The boltman

atctim
03-26-2008, 02:18 PM
out of curiosity - how do you plan on adapting a chain driven rear end when the output shaft is 90 degrees off?

Custom200
04-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Any progress on this....Lost cause????? just like to see some progress pics..seems like a cool project