PDA

View Full Version : pics of my engine failure

jason 32
11-14-2007, 12:31 AM
here are some pics i hope there resized ok-
well my motor was new- 8 months or so-
i think my piston shattered first-
it had new cam- new wsm piston /new bore,different set of cases- blah blah

i guess the wsm piston let go - but i dont understand how the rod snapped as well in 2 places :wondering
it twisted the rod wrist pin went into the cases, and pushed the left main bearing out,and broke the case also the sleeve is busted:eek:
all this in a few seconds:mad:
head is still good
i miss it now- i was getting use to having it around-

steven 250sx
11-14-2007, 12:41 AM
ohh god thats rough man

84honda200s
11-14-2007, 08:33 AM
holy crap man. im sorry to see that. time for a new engine.

SYKO
11-14-2007, 09:32 AM
nice!! get a lifan motor for it!

SWIGIN
11-14-2007, 10:21 AM
i bet the rod went first and took everything out.

got to check everything next time..... but dont forget to split the cases to get all the metal out

jason 32
11-14-2007, 04:47 PM
i bet the rod went first and took everything out.

got to check everything next time..... but don't forget to split the cases to get all the metal out

everything was checked - they were different cases - this wasn't my first rebuild-

as for the rod- i don't know, its twisted in the fly weights- and the bottom at the crank pin is snapped in half- you can see it in the pic-

i was thinking the same way - but if the rod snapped how did the piston shatter?-lol
oh and the cyl wall is broke also-:wondering

i think maybe the cyl went first- as it was (hard to kick over)- (then piston)= too much stress from seizing on the piston) then the rod once it went it went fast!lol but i didn't care if it was shot it was shot
these motors are junk anyway piss poor designs, bad oiling, no bearings in the cam ect...-no reverse
but they sure are fun though lol:cool:
also the left case is broke from the main bearing
this happened after like 8 months of riding it- and i rode it hard-,maybe it got low on oil? as well but it was all new,and didn't leak oil

SWIGIN
11-15-2007, 09:15 PM
after the rod breaks it takes out everything it hits

iv poked rods out of the bottom of 2 motors. both times the cly was like that and the piston came out in peices