PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Guru's Let me pick your brain

okieRrider
11-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Ok guys. Working on an 06 banshee. It is stock with toomey t-6 pipes and a kn filter. Guy brought it in saying it is running on the left cylinder only. Cleaned the carbs, same thing. Unplug the TORS, same thing. Parking brake is off. New plugs, same thing. Swap plugs into the other cylinder, same thing. Swap plug wires on to the other cylinder, same thing. Compression is good. It is blowing raw fuel and oil out the exhaust on the right side, so it is getting fuel. I took the right carb off again and cleaned it put it back on, she fired up on that cylinder but was running erratic so I looked to see if they were still synced and my *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* but the slide in backwards. Put the slide in the correct way and same thing, dead cylinder. Any of you guys came across this problem and find a solution for it. Next step is to pull the cylinders and look for a broke ring or something. Reeds look brand new also and are fiberglass boysen I believe. Any help would be appreciated...Chris

Yamahondaman
11-16-2007, 03:33 PM
make sure the bowls are on the right side ... they are diff. because of the choke circuit... make sure all of the tors wires are all cut off ... also ... the pulsor generater contact is to be like .02 from the pick up on the fly wheel

85ATC
11-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Check the reeds. Mine would cut on and off because one my reeds was cracked.