PDA

View Full Version : what is going on with 3ww

3leggeddog
11-19-2007, 02:44 AM
man,i have been very discouraged by alot ofthings i have been reading lately.it seems as though things are imploding through out the trike community.the community in a wholehas come so far in the last few years,but yet,has seperated in the same sense.we are divided by where we live,what aspect of triking we enjoy best,and now we are seperated by how we celebrate at our annual gathering.there is enough hate,and displeasure throughout the world guys,suck it up,and cut each other some slack.:beer :beer :beer

TwoHundredEx
11-19-2007, 02:47 AM
You think this is bad? Lol.
Head over to caraudio.com/forum for a couple hours and hang out in the Lounge.:D
This will seem all so tame.

RedRider_AK
11-19-2007, 02:51 AM
You talking about the whole James9r9 situation? We're just laughing at him because he's such an easy target. I doubt any of us really think he's a bad kid or anything, although he DOES need to read up on topics before posting.

3leggeddog
11-19-2007, 02:52 AM
well that forum is not nearly as close as this one,we are family here man,thats why it's so disturbing.

3leggeddog
11-19-2007, 02:53 AM
it's noone in paticular.it's the whole site,and many things all rolled up.

TwoHundredEx
11-19-2007, 02:56 AM
well that forum is not nearly as close as this one,we are family here man,thats why it's so disturbing.

Guess thats true. Not only that, the caraudio forum consists of about 70% of people under the age of 18.

82300R
11-19-2007, 03:22 AM
not just 3ww. all the other forums i check out have been getting pretty lame latley. maybe its just me getting board with the whole thing.:rolleyes:

ceaserthethird
11-19-2007, 03:54 AM
Yes their's Few people in here that are total Jerk's ,

If i Don't have anything GOOD to SAY I Don't Post it ... AKA Think Before you RePly!

chris200x
11-19-2007, 07:41 AM
I agree 3leg... seems things have been going downhill a bit lately.. (hopefully its just some growing pains were experiencing) or a phase that we'll snap out of shortly... Personally,,, I think its mostly the younger crowd that is the source.. moslty.. :cry:

Even tho I wasn't at TF and dont know the compete story.. I found it highly disturbing to read that one thread... with all the bickering.:rolleyes: :mad:

Lost a few good members over that one... Tim Sr. comes to mind immediatly and his knowledge and advice I know will be sorely missed.. along with a few others...

I sure hope things take a turn for the better soon. I love this place and sure would hate to lose it.

Some folks (myself included) need to grow up a bit and think a little before they hit the reply button. Really,, its as simple as that.

Maybe it's time to buckle down and start cleaning house!!!! !! !!!!

SYKO
11-19-2007, 09:21 AM
damn.... so my presence here was all in vain!? bah! lmfao!! even though some may be anoying and have troublesome and stupid questions, I consider even a KID a member, they have to ask in there own way, sometimes I jump in on the "your an idiot bandwagon" case in point umm....TRR's K car....now come one who the hell wants to make a K car awesome?.. but I also give them slack, many kids will take 10 million replies and not do a single one, but oh well at least ya tried right? like it or not people, the true ones that grew up on and with three wheelers like myself and many other here are growing thin, were the ones getting older and now kids that were born AFTER they stoped production of them are starting to be main members now. I think deal with it, delete if need be, and clown when its apropriate.

Bryan Raffa
11-19-2007, 09:44 AM
I agree 3leg... seems things have been going downhill a bit lately.. (hopefully its just some growing pains were experiencing) or a phase that we'll snap out of shortly... Personally,,, I think its mostly the younger crowd that is the source.. moslty.. :cry:

Even tho I wasn't at TF and dont know the compete story.. I found it highly disturbing to read that one thread... with all the bickering.:rolleyes: :mad:

Lost a few good members over that one... Tim Sr. comes to mind immediatly and his knowledge and advice I know will be sorely missed.. along with a few others...

I sure hope things take a turn for the better soon. I love this place and sure would hate to lose it.

Some folks (myself included) need to grow up a bit and think a little before they hit the reply button. Really,, its as simple as that.

Maybe it's time to buckle down and start cleaning house!!!! !! !!!!

with almost 9,800 members there is about a few hundred that are die hard members, who visit the site religiously.. a few pot stirrers are expected.A few disgruntled people have spoken..Im shure they will get over it...

For Every member that leaves and don't come back,,theres two more coming in the door right behind them.
That don't mean that they got out of trikes..they just don't visit,Because they cant handle the B.S. Thats there choice

My join date was the day I bought this computer,,I went to wal-mart spent $700.Just so I could visit this site!

Everyone I have met on this site in person,,even the ones who left,,Have been some of the nicest people I have met!! With the exception of one person,who was a real (prick) when I met him.:lol: Has turned out to be a really good friend!:D If you read a disgruntled post from someone..take it with a grain of salt. Because thats not who they really are.;)

we all have bad days...and we all get pissed about something.

CHIN UP 3WW We are the last of a dieing breed!:welcome:

VenomRS4
11-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Man, I hope this site doesnt continue going down hill. I need this site. I dont know where id be with my Z or R if it wasnt for 3ww. I will admit, I probably fall into the noob catagory and have probably asked some stupid questions...But I had to learn somewhere. Most of my local shops are "anti trike" so I am very limited to where I can get info from. That said, even though I am a noob, i still consider myself a triker and will always have trikes.

So I say deal with the noobs and their stupid questions. They will eventually learn to use the search function. And besides, us young guys are the ones that will be keeping this sport alive down the road. Or at least I know I will be.

And as far as the trouble makers, its impossible to get rid of all of them. But just put the hammer down the best you can. If they cause problems, warn them. If they continue, ban them. That should get rid of most of them.

And last but not least, you cant make everyone happy. There will always be complainers, people who can't take a joke, trolls, and people who give up to easily. I guess we just have to deal with that.

ATC-Eric
11-19-2007, 12:11 PM
with almost 9,800 members there is about a few hundred that are die hard members, who visit the site religiously.. a few pot stirrers are expected.A few disgruntled people have spoken..Im shure they will get over it...

For Every member that leaves and don't come back,,theres two more coming in the door right behind them.
That don't mean that they got out of trikes..they just don't visit,Because they cant handle the B.S. Thats there choice

My join date was the day I bought this computer,,I went to wal-mart spent $700.Just so I could visit this site!

Everyone I have met on this site in person,,even the ones who left,,Have been some of the nicest people I have met!! With the exception of one person,who was a real (prick) when I met him.:lol: Has turned out to be a really good friend!:D If you read a disgruntled post from someone..take it with a grain of salt. Because thats not who they really are.;)

we all have bad days...and we all get pissed about something.

CHIN UP 3WW We are the last of a dieing breed!:welcome:

That pretty much sums up what I wanted to say. I dont like seeing people freak out and leave, or throw hissy fits. Theres a LOT of members here, we're not all going to have the same opinions and beliefs.

On the other point, I think its a sesonal thing. What Ive noticed is around this time of the year, everybody just gets thrown into a little funk of sorts. :)

ATCT
11-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Well, as a fairly new person on the board as well, I've probably asked some dumb questions. So, I've learned to try to do some searches through the old posts so I'm not being redundant. But, even so, without this board, I'd not know a ton of information on things that I'll likely have to repair myself due to the still unbelievable backlash over 3-wheelers (it still is very disturbing to me...I get it, but I don't, if you get my drift). If anything this last weekend riding expeience has taught me is, we really do need to stick together. I sort of have an "us again them" mentality (don't get me wrong, I'm still nice to non-3 wheeler owners out on the trails) but i also make sure I'm not doing anything to give them the chance to say "I told you so." So I guess what I'm trying to say, if someone is being an a.. I think it's fine to tell them so. However, if someone is asking a legit question, and it might have been answered in the past, there's no need to get snippy about it. Just simply tell them to do a search. It's not that hard to do that. And most people do. But I've seen some people bite others heads off about it...which isn't cool.

Anyway, I like the board. And I like reading all the different trike posts, even if it doesn't apply to anything I need or do. And hopefully, one of these days, I'll get to meet a bunch of you. I plan on doing some trips to various areas of the country with my trike, so I'm looking forward to that. From the sound of it, most everyone is pretty cool in person.

rally4x4racer
11-19-2007, 12:59 PM
You talking about the whole James9r9 situation? We're just laughing at him because he's such an easy target. I doubt any of us really think he's a bad kid or anything, although he DOES need to read up on topics before posting.

I think he purposely stirs the can. That is the only member I have ever been intentionally rude to.

there are politics brewing on this site that drive me nuts. Some of these people need to watch "Days of their lives" as a source of drama - it makes me sick to read some of the crap that is on here - so I stay in trikesylivania.

speaking of which - shouldn't this be moved?

Dirtcrasher
11-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Hmmm, who is this "james" guy we speak of? Oh wait, I think I remember him :lol: :lol:

Anyhoot, I'm just sorry that so many guys got bent about Trikefest. I wasn't there but my buddy was and he felt the airhorn should have been shoved up the owners arse and the fireworks which landed by his tent should have been left at home also. People should keep a bit quieter or too themselves after 11PM or move away from people who want to rest. If there isn't anyone there to police the event then people have to use good judgement themselves. Like the time we all decided to go riding at 2AM on my track.... The neighbors were rightfully PISSED and that wasan example of BAD JUDGEMENT!!

I'm bankin on going this year and I want to meet EVERYONE.

I can't help but get frustrated with young kids coming on this board wanting to "put nitrous on" or "drop a CB500 motor" into there 200X. The people that refuse to read a manual or LISTEN and end up ruining an otherwise fine ATC are what irks me the most.

There also seem to be some members that there only goal is a higher post count. But on the other hand, it is a public forum and freedom of speech does apply here.

My posts are no representation of me in the least. Me and my buds ride hard and laugh even harder. I harass them just as much as anyone on here because I get tired of watching people ruin parts and cost themselves money and my time.

BigReds Forever
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
I guess i dont mind so much people asking questions, and i dont mind trying to answer them, no matter now simple. What gets my goat is when people make stupid posts which dont contribute to the common good of 3 wheelers. i.e. people making 3 wheelers look bad, people lieing, or badmouthing others. This should be a place to come and ask questions, show off projects, and get feedback. BUCK UP 3WW, we'll get through it!

(the NOS, V8, supercharged, ect... trike gets me to... unless their serious about it:naughty: )

dizasterzrfun69
11-19-2007, 03:37 PM
wow 3 leg, i cant believe you posted this today. It was just yesterday i was talking to another member and he brought up this same topic. i havent been here since it started but i've been here long enough to see LOTS of changes, some good and some bad.

just like chris200x said

"I agree 3leg... seems things have been going downhill a bit lately.. (hopefully its just some growing pains were experiencing) or a phase that we'll snap out of shortly... Personally,,, I think its mostly the younger crowd that is the source.. moslty.."

tecat-z
11-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I've noticed some changes in general attitude as well, but to the people i've met at 3tf's, Silver Lake rides, and sandpuppys ride, almost all of the people have been very nice. There are people i have met that i consider friends now and i hope they think the same. I love 3wheelers, and riding with other enthusiasts is really nice change. So while some people may choose not to visit with us as often or at all. Maybe in time, just maybe, they will may make a slow return. TF will no doubt be a bit different without some of the long time attendes, and the organizing efforts they put forth. So that's something we all need to start thinking about. Some of us need to step up and think about how to pull this off. Before we loose something many of us wait all year for.

Aka_am
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey, this site is my homepage, and where I spend most of my online life..besides ebay..and some sony psp sites.. I look up things though search, and if I do something I see or not, I better myself and my trike, from the info that I learn. And hopefully one of my ideas will hit someone enough that they go out and do it themselves.

I have two almost 22 year old machines, the tech is outdated, the engine's are tired, but thier my baby's..and I love to see people staring as I class out thier new machines, while im riding.

If I have more money..I prolly wouldn't of starting with trike, I'd have a banshee like I wanted. Now, I've grown as a rider and I don't like banshee's anymore, 250r's WOOT! I've turned from all suzuki to now honda rider.

All becuase I got my first trike, and found this site.

Kilborg
11-19-2007, 09:16 PM
As a few people have basically said...Its inevitable.

Back in the day, when there were 20 people, we all goofed around...then more and more people came on and rules had to be established. Believe it or not, 3ww is a society in its own right. While it may be on the internet, there are way too many aspects to not look at it the same way. Theres alot of people, that said, theres alot of shitbags, along with alot of good people.

Its the same as your local bar, or your town, or your riding buddies and their baby mommas or whatever. same bullshit different scene. Go on an even bigger forum and watch the chaos ensue.

Thorpe
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Wow... I think we all need to take a few twists out of our panties... Everyone chill out and enjoy a beer... Then enjoy another beer, and soon, We will all forget what the problem was...

84honda200s
11-19-2007, 10:02 PM
i first joined before i got my trike then i lost my password and user name (lmao). so then i didnt come back until i got a three wheeler. it was a honda 200s i bought off e-bay for 150.00. man was it rough. but thanks to a few members on here i got it running and moving in the same day. i drink, piss, *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, eat, and sleep 3ww. just because i dont post allot anymore dont mean im not here. i love this place for the most part. there are total shitheads but thats like anywhere.

i dont know if any of you ever herd of hardcoresleders (or something like that) but it was a huge sled forum and it was sinking real fast. it was growing too big too fast. the whole site turned into a joke. it was like a dam zoo. so i got out fast. then i went to a nice little place called dootalk.com. sure they had some issues but nothing like the other site. anyway i spent allot of time at dootalk till i sold my sleds. now im here.

i told ya that "story" because i dont wanna see this site end up like hardcoresleders did. i dont know what i would do with my free time. hell who am i kidding im even on this site at wor k !!!!

to our so called "noobs" just remember to use the search bar. sometimes it will bring up some cool stuff. im sure everyone here understands that you need to start somewhere and need to ask questions but seeing how 3ww has so many new members rolling in it seems we are hearing the same question over and over again. as long as you search before you post you will get respect.

another thing for the "noobs"

:TrikesOwn and :welcome: to 3ww

ok that being said lets partttttyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! :Bounce :beer :Bounce :beer

brapp
11-20-2007, 12:15 AM
raffa i am sorry iam such a prick!!!!!! but were stillbuddie sright right?

Bryan Raffa
11-20-2007, 12:20 AM
raffa i am sorry iam such a prick!!!!!! but were stillbuddie sright right?

Not you silly.. ya were buddys!:beer but your still a prick..:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

toocheaptosmoke
11-20-2007, 12:47 AM
....now come one who the hell wants to make a K car awesome?

Mr. Red Green. :naughty:

I was also witness the Hardcoresledder forum disaster. :lol: I used to spend a lot of time there. It was a big forum to begin with, but with more new members taking over the board, continuous bashing, it just went to hell. Just seems like whenever a forum grows it loses the sense of community it had when it was small. Then the knowledgeable people that used to frequent the site get tired of the stupid questions or newbies arguing with them, so they quit posting. Then you have the remaining people that always post and keep the forum going, but a few people can't support the whole place and it becomes trite and boring. There, that's my theory about the life cycle of an internet forum. :crazy: :shiftyeyes:

And like said, it's hard to really jusge a person until you've met them in person. :beer

mywifeknowseverything
11-20-2007, 08:47 AM
I went to wal-mart spent $700.Just so I could visit this site!

I wasnt aware that Yall Mart had a payment Plan

http://www.fastcutgraphics.com/images/pay_up_sucker.jpg:lol: :welcome: :w00t:

Bryan Raffa
11-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Its called Lay Away!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Thats so the Overly Taxed N.Y.er's can actually afford something at Yall mart!

mywifeknowseverything
11-20-2007, 09:02 AM
LMAO!!!!!

INSERT BEER SMILIE HERE:lol:

Banage
11-20-2007, 10:16 AM
I think its that time of year, nobody can get the stress out riding. And no new stories come up cause we are not out on out trikes. After the holiday season, all's well again.

ATC-Eric
11-20-2007, 12:47 PM
dont worry guys, Ill save us!!!!!!

Next week Ill have videos, lots of pics, and stories to entertain yall with!!! :w00t:

:beer

steven 250sx
11-20-2007, 02:24 PM
woop woop i love videos and pics

84honda200s
11-20-2007, 03:27 PM
dont worry guys, Ill save us!!!!!!

Next week Ill have videos, lots of pics, and stories to entertain yall with!!! :w00t:

:beer

:w00t: :w00t: :drool: :Bounce i love pics and video. it will keep me happy for sure.

brapp
11-20-2007, 05:37 PM
i liek makign videos too btu i dont think she does lol

Tri-ZNate
11-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Trikefest was fun, 1 or 2 ruined it all and we know because we had a big thread on 'er :rolleyes:

ANYWAY everyone just needs to calm down. It seems like I see more and more Noobers on here posting and maybe thats where this hostility is coming from, I doubt it though. Seems like everyone wants to shove the :banned: Sign up when someone does something stupid. Deal with it, us youngins on here can be that way from time to time (Yes I'm 18). Some people you need to bust on, just use common sense Dammit.

Now like stated, ITS BEER :30!

Yamahondaman
11-20-2007, 08:05 PM

That's What I'm Talk'n Bout !! just like at Work ... it will NEVER Change !!
P A R T Y Time EVERY June in Indiana !! :beer ... Love it or Leave It !

ATC-Eric
11-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Love it or Leave It !

My thoughts on TF right here!!!!! :beer

Im bringin it HARD in 08 :w00t:

Erics350x
11-21-2007, 12:28 AM
(Yes I'm 18).

Anyone else catch that. LOL

ATC-Eric
11-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Anyone else catch that. LOL

yep.

Did you wait till you were 21 before you had alcohol? :D

84honda200s
11-21-2007, 08:22 AM
yep.

Did you wait till you were 21 before you had alcohol? :D

i doubt anyone here has. i know i didnt.