PDA

View Full Version : Some atc 200x questions

x3IzEW
05-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Hey everyone, got a few more questions about my 3-wheeler. Third gear makes a tink tink noise and acts more as a neutral. Pretty sure something is stripped inside, what do I need and is it hard to fix? Also, the right side of the axel is bent, and we bought it used from someone who used to race it on ice so were not sure if its the stock axel. Is the axel more than one piece and whats the stock width? Thanks alot guys this forum is really awesome!

MR ATC
05-22-2003, 12:00 PM
this may be harsh but if you have to ask about how to fix a trannsmission you should not attempt to do it yourself. however if you feel you must get a factory service manual it will more then pay for itself. the axel is solid and comes out from the sprocket side. depending on how bad the bend is a good shop can striaghten it.

p.s. 3rd gear is the most common gear to go

Billy Golightly
05-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Yup...3rd is definetly the most likely one to go...heres a picture...

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/remotepictures/3rdGear.jpg

You can do the repair but I would HIGHLY reccomend against it unless you've got some pretty good mechanical knowledge. Even with my Honda book it took me around 5 times of splitting my case (It was my first motor I done that to) to finally get things good enough. It was certainly a pain, and I wouldn't wish a case splitting on even my worsest of enemies even if they were use to working on them.

Coty
05-26-2003, 11:14 AM
well sure its easy, all you need is a good bottomend, which i have, HINT HINT, and as for the stock axle i am not sure on the lenth but i have one of those also.