PDA

View Full Version : pics of my cr500 conversion

camatv1
11-19-2007, 10:32 PM
got my 3 wheeler done FINALLY its been in progress for about 7 years now it will pizz me off and i wont touch it for a few years.. it has a +14 metaltech swingarm, uses the 87 cr500 frame 85 cr500 engine, 85 250r front forks, cr stem, RPM TT alluminum axle, 250r rear end. i tried to build it to look like it may have in the late 50's. i used a sweet 6 pack rack thats chrome and steel not alluminum. i like it a lot its ported and runs on alky. used 44 lectron carb. in a few months i will add a RKT head and SHEaRER pipe..

camatv1
11-19-2007, 10:39 PM
try pics again

Louis Mielke
11-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Pretty sweet 500. Built for drags and dunning I would assume?

SYKO
dude.....scary!!! I LIKE IT!!!! that tank is SICK!!! BBBIIIIEEENNNNBEEEEENNN!!!!!!!!

camatv1
i didnt have the rear bar on it in that pic i'll take some of it now. i like it it smokes those stinkin 4 pokes!

camatv1
11-19-2007, 10:48 PM
i ported it it actually ride really really good it turns like a long r would but on the runs it takes whoops GREAT its very stable and NO NO NO head shake at all. just squats and goes. sometimes it lifts the front a few feet but its not bad..

camatv1
11-19-2007, 10:49 PM
wish i could get the pics bigger..

Bryan Raffa
11-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Maybe you will breath new life into billys 500?:naughty:

that a desert tank for the CR right,, thats pretty cool

Hows it run with that pipe? have you tryed any others? got any times in 300'?

thefox
11-19-2007, 11:09 PM
wish i could get the pics bigger..

click on them, and they come up bigger.

Looks sweet!!

but....I don't know, the slope of that narrow seat looks like you would need to keep a cooler of ice at the trailer for your nuts. :eek:

camatv1
11-19-2007, 11:23 PM
AHHH i see now ok.. i like that feature.. yep cr desert tank. cr rear seat i cut 2" out of the sub frame to drop the back of the seat down its actually very comfortable.. havent smooshed the ole jewels yet... i dont have to sit on the seat to take off.. i think it should do around 4.8's. at least 5.0 flat. its very light. with the new head it should be a lot better,. the ftz is a good pipe it works ok with the powerband the motor makes i have just recentely noticed i can launch it HARD at about 2200 rpm.. instead of revving the poo out of it just let the huge TQ of this motor work for me it dosent spin the tires just launchs thats when it lift the front harder..

camatv1
11-19-2007, 11:25 PM
some of the motor the red is powdercoated translucent red. the alluminum is scratched up and looks like a bowling ball

Bryan Raffa
11-19-2007, 11:32 PM
I like the intake and decompression..

Billy Golightly
11-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Nice 500, seen it before at PS before. I go by HondaATC over there. I love the way you did up that cylinder, its awesome. Hows the power holding up on it?

camatv1
11-20-2007, 02:25 PM
the decomp has been great i can start it very very easily now. it was better this way to tune for the alky also. the intake i had to make for the 44 lectron to fit. the power is ok i dont really have anythign to compare it to as far as another 500 but i at times tried to sell it in pieces and noone wanted it. then i just got really motivated after a few months of getting parts and got it done. i had originally put it together to just sell complete but now its been so much fun and reliable that i am thinking of keeping it for now. the swingarm powdercoat came out more purple than red so i am going to take it apart again and have the frame and swinger powdered again thinking of just a mirror black and red flake clear this time see how that woorks..

tri dee
11-20-2007, 03:06 PM
thats one nice trike, the engine looks mint

camatv1
03-26-2008, 12:46 AM
wanted to add been cruising this thing around for a few rides its a lot of fun to drag very stable and nice easy dragger. nothing nutty ever happens with it i hope to have some drag video's of it soon its crazy this trike gets more attention than my full drag 535 banshee with custom frame.. and i feel that it should.. i would like to try another pipe thats more mid/ top. the ftz kinda fizzles outon the top i have noticed i can launch it froma dead stop with no revving of the motor just dump the clutch and full throttle it will grunt its way right out of the hole like its nothing. its not super fast but it runs well. and with the very limited mods i think it holds its own.

jeddy
03-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Are you riding on the river in Hutch in those pics? If so, where can you ride there? I'm from Salina, and drive by over the river everytime I go to the dunes and we always see a bunch of trails. I've got an 600X conversion, after seeing yours I might have to get it going again (lost second gear)...Anyways, nice looking trike
-Jed

camatv1
04-07-2008, 11:13 PM
its inbetween the bridge of south hutch to hutchinson right across the river of carey park yep those are pics of the river we are almost always down there on sundays if your going to come up call me i can bring the trike out and we can play around..

i am thinking of selling it so if anyone wants to make a few reasonable offers i would like to see around 4500 for it. there are a lot of extra parts that will go with it along with another cr frame..

camatv1
04-07-2008, 11:14 PM
my number is 620 259 6178 i am not going to post this on another webb site for sale for a few months. like to see someone on here own this beast,.

Instinctz
04-28-2008, 01:40 AM
Its a decent bike, im partly biased... never really liked cr to 250r conversions. I prefer more of a 250r look than slapping an axel on a bike.