PDA

View Full Version : slant 6.

topoortorideon4
11-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Im getting an old ram with a slant 6 in it, i know that 20 years ago these were the abomitable motor of they day and was wondering if they have any balls to them?

SYKO
11-20-2007, 05:33 PM
there are some serious power options for those motors, offenhouser makes dual intakes, fenton still makes headers for them, there still is alot, you will have to pick up a mopar mag to check it all out. I had a 71 dodge d 100 it had the slant six with a 4 barrel on it!! it was fun as hell!! but I ditched it in favor of a 440 me and my dad pulled out of a polara we got for free.

RoscoW
11-20-2007, 07:27 PM
The leaning tower of power..................... They are bullitproof motors, Had one in a Dodge Dart we used as a field car, Plugged the rad up with corn stalks and boiled the Rad dry six times and it still kept running, Stopped moving when we twisted the torsion bar mounts out of it over a jump, but it still ran....
Ross..

Bryan Raffa
11-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Had one in a dodge Valarie(Sp) ran it in 5 demolition Derby's with no oil and coolant! UNSTOPPABLE they called it the lil tank because the big buick's,Chevy's and wagons couldnt kill it :lol:

topoortorideon4
11-20-2007, 11:10 PM
yea my dad said you can burn up a million 6 cylinders before a slant 6.l0l

Russell 350X
11-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Never actually seen one, but my dad used to have one in a Dodge Dart back when he was a kid. Said it was bulletproof, cant kill it. Ended up selling the car to a kid that was putting the engine in a Oliver tractor lol. The car was falling apart around the engine, thats the only reason he sold it.

Name Brand
11-21-2007, 04:49 AM
I forget what the race would be called (sorta demolition derby style) but all the cars would be on a track with no oil whatsoever. Cars drive around the track, engines burn up and the last one still driving wins! The old timer I was talking to said the Slant-6 was the only engine not allowed; it wouldn't ever die.