PDA

View Full Version : we lost in the state semi-finals.scewed by the referees.

topoortorideon4
11-20-2007, 03:05 PM
ALright I go to LeRoy school and play football, this weekend we were 11-0 until we lost in overtime 33-34. In the state semi-final game. The thing that bothers us the most is that the referees refed the poorest game of their carreers. I dont know if people on here know about LeRoys football progarm but people all over the state have heard about LeRoys football program ever if they havent been here. Anyways back to the game. We had 9 penalties for 140 yards and one thing that is significant is that we are very dicipined and people who who have seen us play will tell you we hadnt had that many penalties all season. The other teams penalties were a total of 2 adding up to 9 yards!Im not say that wew didnt do all of the things they called us for but the thing that was disgusting about it was that they were calling us for everything that they possibly could and they would hit us with holding or facemask or unsportsman like cunduct and this other team that we played was very dirty and unsportsman like and the refs would not call them for a single thing they did.
But the worst thing these refs had done was, it was the last seconds of the fourth quarter and we were on offence, we had gotten the ball within the 15 yard line and they threw the flags and we ended up back on the line further than from where we had starteim not sure if it was the 30 or 35 but there was 30 something seconds left and we had gotten the ball back up to like the 3 yard line and the play was over, there was 7 seconds left and our coach was screaming time out and there was a ref near by and they had ignored him. The reason he was calling time out was to stop the clock so we could kick the field goal. One of our team captains called time out to the ref right next to him and the ref said were out of time and he looked at the clock and there was 3 seconds left.So the clock ran out and we went into over time. and our field goal was block and we lost. Well to my surprise yesterday on the front page of the news "Officials cost LeRoy chance at title game" and in this article the sports writer stated the this was the poorest officiated game he had ever whittnessed and in the news paper it was in writing that they had video proof of our coach and quarterback calling the time out with time left on the clock. I dont mean to preach I just wanted your gys input on this situation. The way it sounds, if they push this issue someone is gonna get burned for this. In my oppinion they f***ed us.

Old 179
11-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Happens everywhere. If it is like track, the video is no good unless the officials of the competion are the ones filming it. My son lives with his mother in Ky, his team should of won state at 3A for track. In one of the relays, the team that was crown champs runner violate our runner in turn 4 in front of a judge who happens to have ties with the crown champs team. It was not flagged for the the violation.
Tonight I was informed that the state official had contacted our coach recently and apologies for the mistake and that we should had been state champs. But they can not reverse it now.

topoortorideon4
11-20-2007, 11:06 PM
but you would think that at this caliber of a game they would have play reviews.

dickieg89
11-21-2007, 03:34 PM
where were the semi-finals? The carrier dome? Who did you folks play? I missed the news this week with being deer season, but i've heard of leroy football

topoortorideon4
11-23-2007, 03:54 PM
we played at paetech park and played bishop ludden. our football website is www.leroyfootball.com

Jim mac
11-23-2007, 08:49 PM
when my daughters softball team went to state, in the championship game when the home plate ump walked out on the field, the pitchers dad said "we're in deep trouble now" we lost. I think part of the game is you have to adjust your play to the refs. Part of the game is know what you can get away with, with who. Some umps, you can get away with alot more than others. Anytime my kids on base, she will start leaving earlier and earlier until they finally call her out. Usually some of the spectator starts yelling at the ump. Sometimes it just ticks the umps off and they ignore it even more, sometimes they recognize it and start calling it more often. Unfortunately its just part of the game. Jim

Bryan Raffa
11-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Man I just read it in the livingston paper Bummer!!!!! WTF Hey your coach's Mom Is my next door neighbor on the lake!! LOL I know his brothers verry well..