PDA

View Full Version : First flattrack update:

idahoZ
11-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey Guys, I got the tri Z done and ready for the first round of our indoor series here near Boise ID.
In practice the Z was running well and handled even better, then about 5 laps in the thing started to cut out then come back, it was real odd....
It was dark and raining so i didnt do any work to it, plus i was racing the pit bike class so i was dealing with that also.
The heat came and i got the hole shot, was leading then about 5 laps in same thing, I nursed it around the last lap and still came in seconed... Starting to think its the fuel pump?....
The Main: I lined up on the front row. O by the way we had 9 trikes! I thought i had the lead then my buddy on a 81 250r came underneath me, we had a good moto going then in the third lap i got him, I was waiting for the thing to cut out and fail me,,,,,,,...... nothing, ran perfect? I won. The 16" american racers are awsome by the way,... Now i dont know what to think about the problem, The tank was completly full when i arrived, I have looked over the wiring for a short a little bit. Can you guys tell me what its like when the fuel pump fails.
I will have some pics soon, the lady there got some good ones.

SYKO
11-20-2007, 08:23 PM
good job man!!! whoo hooo!! flat trackin is the SHIZ!!!!

Bryan Raffa
11-20-2007, 08:52 PM
fuel pump will bogg in and out ..if it's cutting out check the wires for a short,loose,ground,,

check the orange wire that comes out of the coil.. they crack and get real brittle there

Yamahondaman
11-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Did it GIT HOT ? ... you don't have a Anodized Billet Impeller do Ya ? :D

Billy Golightly
11-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Wow, 9 trikes! Can we get some pics? That is just awesome, congratulations!

Derrick Adams
11-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Congrats to a fellow trike racer. Glad you guys had a good showing and had a great time.

firehart
11-22-2007, 01:27 PM
I was there for the heat race. It was great. I had to go before the main because the grandkids were getting tired. The races didn't end until midnight. Check out idahoATV.net for pictures.

SYKO
11-22-2007, 01:39 PM
go hear and check out the NOV 17 race pics

http://qjsimaging.ifp3.com/

firehart
11-22-2007, 03:59 PM
My friend Mike V. was racing the old Tecate.