PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Scam

oldsking86
11-21-2007, 11:18 AM
For those of you who use paypal, if you receive an email saying you paid for something and the money was sent successfully and you know you didn't by anything don't touch the email! At the bottom it clearly says to dispute this transaction and get your money back is where the scam sits! I just deleted the email, it looks just like a paypal one too. Just go to your paypal account and verify if some money was indeed transferred out, trust it hadn't been. It's a scam or some type of virus, just becareful ;)

It's almost turkey day too:w00t:

smokinwrench
11-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I get ebay and paypal scams all the time.

I always delete them then goto my ebay or paypal accounts from a new screen. I allways check and its always a scam.

Dirtcrasher
11-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I got one from Amazon.com and another from my online banking!!

Man, they have got to be getting some people suked in. Many of them look entirely legit....

It's real simple. If you get an email in regards to ANYTHING which requires ANY personal information, do not use any links. Close the email, open a new browser window and go directly to your account in question.

TravEX
11-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

oldsking86
11-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Hey, just trying to keep everybodies shopping money in order for the holiday shopping! ;)

300rman
11-22-2007, 02:00 AM
i hate these arseholes....trying to steal your money by tricking you to give up your info.....anyone caught doing this should be shot in the head, no questions asked. that would deter these bastards............