PDA

View Full Version : raptor 660 problem-help please

jimeeatc
11-21-2007, 06:48 PM
hi, i have a buddy with a problem with his raptor, he removed his engine to fix a broken exhaust stud and now the reverse light wont turn off when riding forward or reverse. causing the reverse rev limiter function (bike thinks its always in reverse) i'm sure someone has come across this problem. my guess is the black ecu behind airbox? dont know anything about these bikes. have visually inspected but dont see a problem. reverse engagement is nonelectrical aint it? someone?

Eric250R
11-21-2007, 10:33 PM
A friend of mine ran across this problem, bear in mind that I wasn't there to see this but he said he pulled the little wires loose from the cluth perch and cut them. Taped the up and it fixed it. As I said, I didn't actually see this but he swears it worked. My suggestion would be to call a yamaha dealer and speak to one of the mechanics and ask them their opinion.

BigReds Forever
11-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Check the wire and the switch near the front of the engine sprocket/ behind shifter. If that wire isnt on, the cdi will think its always in reverse. The switch could also be sticking. Youll have to drain the oil and pull the switch out if its sticking. Also check to see if the wire is cut anywhere between the switch and the cdi box. Also could be a bad engine ground. The circuit needs to be grounded to deactivate the limiter. I delt with all of this stuff when i went through removing my reverse rev limiter. (but kept the light!!!!)

badasskfx
11-23-2007, 11:26 AM
if you ground the wire that goes to the reverse switch that will by pass the reverse limiter

jimeeatc
11-23-2007, 11:16 PM
thanks to all you who responded. problem solved. stuck switch.