PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I need help locating a Christmas gift for my son.

LonesomeTriZ
11-21-2007, 07:31 PM
I am sitting over here in Iraq trying to find the right gift for my son on his third Christmas. I have hit nothing but brick walls. I have no idea what to send him. He already has Power wheels three and four wheelers plus TWO Tri-Zingers. Not to menion the room full of indoor toys he has. What are some ideas that I can find on the internet that will be unique and something he will use for a long time to come? :confused: :confused:

Dammit!
11-21-2007, 07:49 PM
He's three years old. Don't knock yourself out putting too much thought into it. Odds are he'll have more fun with the box the present comes in than the present itself. Hell if I ever have kids I might just get empty boxes for Christmas. :lol:

LonesomeTriZ
11-21-2007, 07:51 PM
He's three years old. Don't knock yourself out putting too much thought into it. Odds are he'll have more fun with the box the present comes in than the present itself. Hell if I ever have kids I might just get empty boxes for Christmas. :lol:

:lol: :lol: That is a good point. If I were there to see him open it, I most likely would not put this much effort into it.

SYKO
11-21-2007, 08:14 PM
a nintendo wii or older game cube, lots of good kid based games on those systems and as a plus a game cube is cheap!! and hope your doing well over there louis, I havnt been thinkin of you every time I ride!! LMFAO

Dirtcrasher
11-21-2007, 09:11 PM
ELMO, everybodah wanz ELMO!!!!!!

They even have one now that smokes chewing tobacco and chews smokin cigarettes, it's awesome..... Just ask Super90

pickleweasel_00
11-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Maybe a small tool set or tool box? Three might be kind of young but never hurts to point them in the right direction :D Not sure how fancy you'd want to go but i got one when I was little (maybe six or seven though) and thought it was the coolest thing to have tools like my dad :) Or it might be a good idea for a future christmas present. Oh yeah, stay safe over there and thanks for all that you do! :beer

smokinwrench
11-22-2007, 12:20 AM
I have 3 kids and I say NO to the game system. My boy has a PS2 and I think game systems make lazy kids. Once in a while I have to kick him and his friends out of the house to go and play ball. I now see why the Atari ticked my mom off so much.

I'm all for tool kit, maybe a beginner erector set, my 9 year old boy and 7 year old girl were playing with a big box tonight, my 4 month old just giggled at them the entire time.

LonesomeTriZ
11-22-2007, 03:40 AM
NO VIDEO GAMES WILL EVER ENTER MY HOUSE. I have an outdoors kid and he will stay that wy. He has some plastic tools that he uses to "fix" things around the house now. I think i will wate until he is five before getting him the real thing. That is a good idea though, I am on the same page when it come to that. I want something that will light his face up when he sees it. But I started getting him ATV's before he was even born. How can I top that?

Hey Syko, eat me...

SYKO
11-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Hey Syko, eat me...

tastes like melisa

:D

hinddee29
11-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Lonesome thanks for your service. I've never got the chance to go play in the sand box, but I have spent months at a time away when I was in the Army. My kids where very young 2 to 4 if I remember right. I don't want to sound like an ass or upset you.
Don't go crazy finding something to send your 3 year old. They won't understand
what's going on and why the special gift. Every time when I would get back from a deployment they would look at me like who are you and where have you been. It's very heart breaken to go through this. Good thing is they warm up quickly.
The best advice I can give you is take some pictures of yourself and find a video
or tape recorder and make a tape or video so they can see and hear you.
I don't know maybe your already doing this.
It hasn't been that long ago, but today dinner was one of the best.

LonesomeTriZ
11-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I just wanted him to know I am thinking of him. His mom tells me he asks about me every day. He also watches our wedding video a lot. I jst do not know what esle to do.

LonesomeTriZ
11-22-2007, 12:57 PM
By the way essay, that was me you were tasting all over her.

firehart
11-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Can you make him a video of you and your friends and tell him you love him and show him a little of what you are doing over there? I'm thinking big Legos, Tinkertoys, etc. Something that makes him use his mind planning and building things.

pickleweasel_00
11-22-2007, 10:35 PM
video actually sounds like a pretty good idea

steven 250sx
11-22-2007, 10:46 PM
get him a gas powered r/c it'll let him use it outside and what kid wouldn't think thats cool. but yeah the video would deffinatly be the golden nugget

DeePa
11-22-2007, 11:07 PM
i wouldnt be so against video games. I grew up with them and it turned out just fine. It was also a fun time to play mario with my dad some night. If its used excessively, then you have to do something about it.

Mike

LonesomeTriZ
11-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Some one else suggesyed a video as well. It sounds like a good idea. I think it would be better than getting him more toys. He has so many Hotwheels, Legos, and Tonka toys now.

chris200x
11-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Hahaa!! get him a drum set! Mom will love that! :naughty:

Stay safe over there Louis. Our prayers are with you guys!:beer

LonesomeTriZ
11-24-2007, 12:15 PM
His grand parents already did that. It disapeared shortly after it showed up. I just remebered, he has a R\C Raptor. I forgot to leave it out for him. Thank you for bringing that up.

Bryan Raffa
11-24-2007, 01:03 PM
sound like he need's a 30'x30' pole barn just for his stuff:D

with Radiant floor heat:naughty:

LonesomeTriZ
11-26-2007, 09:38 AM
There is one of those in the planning stage right now. I have already gathered the material for it.

Vealmonkey
11-26-2007, 04:36 PM
A video sounds like a great idea. And even though you may not be able to get it for him at Christmas time, Just make sure you come home safe and sound. You're the present that will last him a lifetime. Be safe and thanks for doing all that you are doing.

jasonb01
11-26-2007, 08:45 PM
You're son sounds like mine. He is our only child and he definitely doesn't go without. Last year we built him one of those big wooden swingsets. Maybe a trampoline? My son has one of those too. By the way, he is 4. I understand the feeling to want him to feel like daddy's the greatest ever, but at that age, they don't really understand that, and in the case of mine, he really doesn't appreciate all that he has. I think a video or something like that that is "personal" from his daddy would be great. Of course your wife can pick him up the usual small toys and clothes, but get him something that let's him feel like his daddy is with him while your away. I assume you are in the military, and even if your not, I commend you for whatever you're doing. I couldn't imagine leaving my little buddy for an extended period of time. Good luck with your search and come back to him safe.:)

LonesomeTriZ
11-27-2007, 12:30 PM
I am going to go with a video. But locating a camera is proving to be more of a challenge that I thought it would be.

I like the trampoline idea. He loves those things. I'll price some and maybe my wife can get one.

SYKO
11-27-2007, 12:48 PM
i GOT A Trampline last year for my duaghter louis, I got it at wal mart I think it was 250? but it had 8ft tall netted sides and heavy covers over the springs to help prevent injury, she still uses it and loves it!

LonesomeTriZ
11-28-2007, 01:26 AM
I just sent Melissa an email to get him one.It sounds like something mommy and daddy can use when he goes to bed. :naughty:

DeePa
11-28-2007, 08:43 AM
haha yeah trampolines are *fun*

cody2
11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
get him a gas powered r/c it'll let him use it outside and what kid wouldn't think thats cool. but yeah the video would deffinatly be the golden nugget

I bought one that runs on nitro (some expensive) but it does like 40mph. Its insane i payed $200 for it.

RedRider_AK
11-29-2007, 04:28 PM
I bought one that runs on nitro (some expensive) but it does like 40mph. Its insane i payed $200 for it.

I had a 4wd nitro buggy that went close to 55 mph. Talk about scary, you hear it wind up, it shoots 4 rooster tails and it's GONE.

300rman
11-29-2007, 04:45 PM
haha yeah trampolines are *fun*

HELLZ YAH!!!!!!!!!

and nitro cars are fun....but the maintinance with them, you need someone around who can work on the lil turds.......

but yea, hearing those lil motors hit 30000 RPM sounds awesome.

RedRider_AK
11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Yep. Sounds like a chainsaw on meth, just bweeeeEEEEEEEEEEE and it's outta here :lol:

LonesomeTriZ
11-30-2007, 11:26 AM
I think I will try somenthing a little more Three year old friendly. If he had something like that he would try to ride it.

jjjg-02
12-04-2007, 03:05 PM
My in-laws got my kids a trampoline three years ago for christmas, and it's still set up out back, and they use it ALL the time. Even when it's cold outside, they get all bundled up and jump on it. My soldiers and I even get a kick out of it every now and then.

brapp
12-05-2007, 03:33 PM
when i turned 3 i got my atc70 for my birthday and we built a track for christmas and never looked back

LonesomeTriZ
12-06-2007, 11:53 AM
I can see a bunch of soldiers playing on a trampoline

He has TWO Zingers right now. A track is a little hard to pull off right now.