PDA

View Full Version : HaPpY!! ThAnKsGiViNg!!!!!

SYKO
11-22-2007, 09:56 AM
GOBBLE GOOBLE BEYSHISHES!!!!!!!!

:beer

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/aaaaa.jpg

:w00t:

motorola79
11-22-2007, 10:09 AM
We don´t celebrate that here. I don´t even know what it means!
All i know is that you eat turkey (not the plastic one :crazy: )

But happy thanksgiving!

Bryan Raffa
11-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Kie,Kie,Kie Chock,Chock,Chock!! You hunters know what IM Talkin!!!:D

Have a Great Day!!! Dont eat Too mutch And Fall asleep!!! :beer :w00t:

SYKO
11-22-2007, 10:14 AM
We don´t celebrate that here. I don´t even know what it means!
All i know is that you eat turkey (not the plastic one :crazy: )

But happy thanksgiving!

you crazy foreigner!!!!lmfao!!!!

Bryan Raffa
11-22-2007, 10:19 AM
hey motorola;)

The arrival of the Pilgrims signaled the annihilation of the native peoples, and many people are sensitive to this historical fact. So what does Thanksgiving mean to you?
When we sit down to our turkey or the many other culinary delights that appear at Thanksgiving dinner tables, not many families will be holding a ritualistic vigil to a faux Plymouth Rock.

Firstly, the inaugural pilgrim landing was at Provincetown, Cape Cod. Secondly, according to Pilgrim Hall Museum, “there are no contemporary references to the Pilgrims’ landing on a rock at Plymouth.”

Thanksgiving is thus widely perceived as a time for family. An opportunity to reunite with loved ones, friends, and relations we haven’t seen for years. It’s some time off work, a break from school, the chance for an extended romantic weekend, and more importantly, an opportunity to eat copious amounts of food without feeling too guilty!

In some ways this is more representative of the original celebrations held by the Pilgrims, which were actually harvest festivals, fashioned on the English and Native traditions.

Thanksgiving, as the historical landmark we celebrate, is a result of political history and has very little to do with any date or events pertaining to pilgrims or America specifically.

Although, few would defend the historical accuracy or the celebration of the massacre of native peoples, the failure to publicly denounce the traditional meaning of Thanksgiving is another small piece of the silent complicity that allows racism and a racially constructed history to continue to shape our understanding of world events, and our perceptions of different groups. It is not the raving clan member that is the true threat to social justice; it is the well meaning, good people who don’t take a verbal and active stand against injustice that allows it to continue.

So, this Thanksgiving, as you welcome your friends, family, guests and new acquaintances into your home, take a moment to redirect our collective future. As you sit down to eat, take time to mention the true history of America. Acknowledge your joy at coming together, but acknowledge also, how contrived, inaccurate history has torn others apart.

Let your children know what really happened to the Native Americans. Tell them something about the impact these historical events has had on Native Americans today. Let’s use this moment as a lesson for us all, as we try to understand, appreciate, and get along with people whose customs, languages and religions may be unfamiliar.

Let’s use this moment to ensure the spirit of giving and being genuinely thankful is instilled in all of us. Thus ensuring our future history can find acts of true brotherly and sisterly love to honor and celebrate!

honda250sx
11-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Raffa did you steal that from wikapedia? LOL Happy thanksgiving guys. More importantly if you cant stand the family, it means Quality Garage Time!

Bryan Raffa
11-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Isn't that where everyone go's to get the fact's:D

P.S.. Im Giveing thanks for 3WheelerWorld!!!:w00t: :beer

longbedGTs
11-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Happy Turkey Day to everyone!

oldsking86
11-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Happy Thanksgiving boys! enjoy the eating, family and the RIDING :) CHeers to 3ww

hinddee29
11-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Yes it's a happy day for most. I hope you all can send a minute to think about are
troops over in the dirt. While we are all sitting and eating with family and friends.
There are lonely soldiers standing guard wishing they where home.
Happy Turkey Day

Shane

DarkestGKnight
11-22-2007, 10:59 AM
happy thanksgving guys and girls!

Bryan Raffa
11-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Yes it's a happy day for most. I hope you all can send a minute to think about are
troops over in the dirt. While we are all sitting and eating with family and friends.
There are lonely soldiers standing guard wishing they where home.
Happy Turkey Day

Shane

Happy thanksgiving LONESOME!;)

84honda200s
11-22-2007, 01:38 PM
happy turkey day everyone !!!

New2ATC
11-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Happy thanksgiving everybody, have fun and be safe!

motorola79
11-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey, that was a long reading.

btw, when i googled "not many families will be holding a ritualistic vigil to a faux Plymouth Rock" (VERY HARD SENTENCE for non-native english speakers) i found this: http://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/what-is-thanksgiving-/176138
I have the doubt yet :wondering

Thanks for the explanation, it´s always good to have a day at home, "feliz dia de accion de gracias", as is told in spanish.

ATC-Eric
11-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Happy Turkey Day everyone. :cool:

Ill be having a second turkey day down in Oklahoma with some cool trike riding cats that are already there waiting on us!!!!!!!!!!

I should probably get off the internet and on the road!!!!!! :eek:

chris200x
11-22-2007, 02:23 PM
GOBBLE GOOBLE BEYSHISHES!!!!!!!!

:beer

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/aaaaa.jpg

:w00t:

Motorola triker dude... I can see why your a bit confused from syko's post. :confused: Scadly clothed women licking turkeys. :eek: What kinda crazy holiday is this? :D :w00t:

84honda200s
11-22-2007, 03:21 PM
it must be some kinda kinky holiday for syko ????

:lol: :naughty:

tri-Z ripper
11-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Imagine this guys at the first thanksgiving dinner if the pilgrims and the indians decided to eat a cat on this day? We would all be eating pu**y for dinner today! he he he
Shane

SYKO
11-22-2007, 03:34 PM
it must be some kinda kinky holiday for syko ????

:lol: :naughty:

syko: i cant wait to see what you post for x-mas. :eek: might it look like this ???

leave it to me I got christmas covered!! and for all you pagans out there Xmas!!!

84honda200s
11-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Imagine this guys at the first thanksgiving dinner if the pilgrims and the indians decided to eat a cat on this day? We would all be eating pu**y for dinner today! he he he
Shane

lmao :eek: :eek: bit....:drool: :drool: :drool:

SYKO
11-25-2009, 12:08 PM
bump for another year!

johnny's X
11-25-2009, 12:16 PM
I can hear the slugs going in my gun nice and early tomorrow, eating a ton of food and falling asleep watching some football. ahhhhhhhhh gotta love thanksgiving