PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the *edited* deal in the posts?

jasonb01
11-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Tried a search but came up short.
I have been a member here for a year now and always wondered why there are so many posts that have"**edited**" in them. Is there some type of auto thing built in that puts that there if you type profanity? It is very confusing because sometimes I see the edited deal and no cuss word would really fit in there. Maybe I'm just not that "hip" to the whole forum thing, but I don't get it. :wondering

chris200x
11-24-2007, 12:00 PM
It automatically edits foul lanuage and the letter "U" for those guys that are too lazy to type the word you.

That gets on my nerves something fierce.... it takes 2 seconds to press the 3 keys to type it out! :rolleyes:

jasonb01
11-24-2007, 12:06 PM
I see. Sometimes there are like 6 edits in a row. and sometimes just 1. Does that mean that someone actually typed 6 foul words in a row?

Let me try. Thank U for responding.

jasonb01
11-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Hmm, didn't work on the "U". Oh well, I understand now. Later

chris200x
11-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Hmm, for some reson it aint working with the U. I know it did at one time tho...

Not sure what they do to get all that ***edited** crap in a row.

Bryan Raffa
11-24-2007, 12:18 PM
It's one of thoe's *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* magical thing's that just happen's... and dont type around word filters.. I see that too:D

Mrs.Mosh
11-24-2007, 01:09 PM
It is 1 edit word per every letter of the bad word you wrote.Therefore, a 4 letter f word would have (edited) 4 times.

The filter is supossed to take out some shorthand typing.

PLEASE do not type in shorthand writing.I deleted a post today becuase of it and will continue to delete shorthand posts.

jasonb01
11-24-2007, 05:54 PM
I would never use profanity or type in retard shorthand. I didn't go to college for 9 years ;) (and I'm not a doctor) to not speak English. Was just something I see alot and was always curious. Especially with the multiples in a row. Thanks!

Howdy
11-24-2007, 06:26 PM
I would never use profanity or type in retard shorthand. I didn't go to college for 9 years ;) (and I'm not a doctor) to not speak English. Was just something I see alot and was always curious. Especially with the multiples in a row. Thanks!

Thank You!! It's users with common sence that help make moderating a little easier for the team.

Abd I agree with Mrs Moshman above. It's a whole lot easier and fast to just delete than to edit.
Howdy

Yamahondaman
11-24-2007, 07:35 PM
and why can't the "Normall" Tax Pay'n "Regular" User's of this site that Contribute to the 3Wheeler Community see the Moderators,Deleter's and what-not when "WE" Get on...... some of the people on this Site tend to ask me that Question .. "Why are THEY Hideing" ? .. i'm like ... "I DUNNO" ?
I Graduated in 11th. Grade with NO College School'n and i ALSO Wonder Why ?

This is who's on at 6:52 11-24-07
Yamahondaman, 1985ATC250R#155, 200x newby, 225DX DUDE, 84 Rider, 84honda200s, atcman77, ATCT, boonis, brrcuda, Dammit!, deathman53, Derek, dmotoxrider, Dustin87R, Dwight, eddie pettengil, edog, Fuzzy8766, james9r9r, jason 32, Jason Hall, jeswinehart, KASEY, longbedGTs, Loosecannon, Louis Mielke, motoman110, nutsandbolts95, SeD, slugger, Solid Snake, tecat-z, the great gazoo, Twilight, TwoHundredEx, Vealmonkey, vegas250rr, yyz4208@aol.com

Billy Golightly
11-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Cause the trouble makers will wait for the moderators to go "off-line" and then will commence post whoring or whatever other devious ideas they have.

Yamahondaman
11-25-2007, 04:58 PM
That's what my Reply to them was ... and...
it's sad that people have to "GIT ON LINE" as a JOB instead of Riding,Mowing the Yard,Painting,Playing with the Kid's , etc . seem's like a Hastle to me ..
Good Luck Mod's WORKING while MOST of us are watching TV , Riding and stuff :D

NINJA
11-28-2007, 03:01 AM
I know I've been edited a few times, I don't mean it on purpose, it just happens when I get pissed! I didn't understand it about the "don't type around the word filter" thing till just a couple days ago. Now I know. I'll have to cuss like Napoleon Dynamite from now on. But, it's all good, the mods are doing their jobs, unlike other sites I've been on. Kudos to you guys.