PDA

View Full Version : is this a good deal?

DarkestGKnight
11-24-2007, 12:38 PM
hi i am suppose to get a 1983 yz80 for 50 bucks, but its only missing the engine and exhaust. is this a good deal? the radiator and cdi are there.

Dirtcrasher
11-24-2007, 03:01 PM
If you want another money pit that you can't ride then grab it. Then you gotta find an exhaust and a good 80cc motor which normally get beat to crap. Then you get it together and find 10 other problems and so on and so on.

Unless you want to sell it to part it out and make money for another project, I'd avoid the junk.

Some of you guys do more wishfull thinking than riding and I think you'd be better off saving up 1000$ and buying something you can kick over and actually enjoy.....

DarkestGKnight
11-24-2007, 03:25 PM
well i like projects and i dont mind rebuilting motors as i am in tech and go there for 3 hours a day and get any tools, paint and everything. so im gonna do it and put it in the back of my shed for a later project. thanks

super90
11-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I usually pick up any decent piece of "Junk" I can find, usually 3 wheeler and put it away until I get bored and decide to work on it. But with 3 wheelers you can usually find a clone engine like a lifan and replace it with that and still have a whole variety of new parts in case you need them. Im talking about 4 stroke trikes though, dont know about any 2 stroke clone engine to throw in thoes.

DarkestGKnight
11-24-2007, 11:56 PM
yeah well i got it today and im happy its a nice roller everything but the engine is there so im happy gonna go in my shed for a bit and ill find a motor, thanks.