PDA

View Full Version : Pissed Just bitten by a deer tick

Orangecnty250r
11-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Well not to happy about this... I just pulled a deer tick off me and have a nice red area where it was driving its Lyme Disease infected jaws in me...I confirmed the identity ( For years only have seen and pulled wood ticks off up here). Enought to ruin the day :mad: Got to figure out the next step..... sure they'll give me a run of antibiotics. Heres a few pics I found while doing my research.

Orangecnty250r
11-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Hmmm the pics came up on my preview post????? where did they go

Brockey
11-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Darn things. Off to the Doc you go.

jason 32
11-24-2007, 06:51 PM
i don't like them things- damn blood suckers
did you get all of him out?

it can be tough- if you pull them the try to dig in deeper-
most time we'v used a cigarette , or something to burn them ,and they will release,and try to run away

Vealmonkey
11-24-2007, 07:36 PM
My ex girlfriend got bitten by one of those and it really messed her up. It still causes her to have one side of her face go numb. Makes her reallly tired sometimes too. Good luck and hope you caught it in time.

hancadam
11-24-2007, 09:01 PM
I get several each summer, no big deal. Not worth going to the doctor my opinion. We do have them very bad down here though. Maybe its just more common to me. My mom got really sick from Rocky mountain one time. She was in the hospital for several days.

storm_impulse
11-24-2007, 09:04 PM
ticks and leeches... the two most things i hate. i went swiming in a lake 1 time and got out and had a leech on my leg:( as soon as i seen it and realized what it was i ripped it off. i cant stand something sucking my blood out. damn nasty things. why was they made?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orangecnty250r
11-24-2007, 09:26 PM
I get several each summer, no big deal. Not worth going to the doctor my opinion. My mom got really sick from Rocky mountain one time. She was in the hospital for several days.

Damm thats sounds worth going to the Dr.for:eek: Do you guys have the deer tick and the lyme disease..I pulled plenty of wood ticks off over the years ...they dont concern me.

whyzee
11-24-2007, 09:48 PM
How long was it in for OC ? They say it takes at least 24-48hrs to transmit the disease, but I know enough people with lymes, who are really messed up.
Looks like 21 days of Doxycycline for you my friend,
just finished my course of doxy 3 weeks ago. Try that while framing a house in the sun!!! ouch!!

Rm250RF900R
11-24-2007, 09:51 PM
ive had several deer ticks on my before. One of them was in my arm pit, literally under my skin. The other was on my back. Never had the symptoms of lyme. I never went to the doctors so who knows. I would go just in case.

super90
11-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Ah I hate thoes little things. I get at least one a day when im working in the woods in the summer. Usually on the forarm so I can take them out easily. Luckily none ever got infected since I never cleaned the cut until way later in the day. I just use a good sharp pair of needle nose pliers to pull them out, usually they barely break the surface of the skin when I get them.

Bryan Raffa
11-24-2007, 10:36 PM
My buddy shot a Deer tonight and it was LOADED with them!! YUCK! not like ten or so,, Im talkin hundred's!

steven 250sx
11-25-2007, 02:18 AM
ugh i hate creepy crawling bugs lol just give me the shivers espicailly the blood sucking ones also i frikin hate eels those things look nasty

dickieg89
11-26-2007, 09:41 PM
i didn't find 1 tick on my deer this year.

lyme was discovered in lyme, ct, i hunt ashford but always give myself a good checking over when i get out of the woods.

i hope it turns out ok for you.

Orangecnty250r
11-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Update: My Dr. appt's on Thursday

Tri-Z Pilot
11-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Ive always used vaseline on them, they cant breathe and back themselves out. I heard from a guy at work that his buddy woke up the morning after his wedding reception and found one on the tip of his....., you know where I'm goin with this.lol OUCH!

Banage
11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, You can die from Lyme Disease, But, I have been infected twice. Yes twice. And Im still alive. No worries bro