PDA

View Full Version : Computer Gamers question

oldsking86
11-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Alright so I have the method of making a copy of a DVD movie pretty packed down. My next adventure is computer games.. I use DVD decrypter to rip open a dvd... then dvd shrink to compress then burn the files to a disc

Would this same method work on a computer? I don't have an original to test it (:lol: downloaded games) I'm trying to get Call of Duty 4, anybody have an original to try this with? Or do you know if it would even work?

Aka_am
11-26-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't know much about making copies..I just use daemon tools..and then get bored after a couple hours and downlaod another game...

my system is a
2.8 ghz
512 ram
256 mb geforce 5500

What are some good shooters?

300rman
11-26-2007, 11:46 PM
well, you cant really shrink a computer game down, because unlike a movie, shrinking the size will remove parts of the program code, rendering the game useless.

use ALCOHOL 120% to burn a disc image, but usually computer games are on CD's anyway, s size shouldnt be an issue. if you have an email address, i can send you a copy of alcohol.

do not bother trying to download any games that are run through the STEAM platform unless you have a ton of patches for it.

the game installer you speak of, is a .EXE file, correct? or some other of file you click to open and install the game? if so, then just write that to a disc(s).

other than that, its just trial and error.

O and for DVD's, i dont bother using all that rip/shrink crap. how long does it take you to do a disc? 2-3 hours? i use DVD-cloner. it automatically rips, shrinks and burns. it will fot most movies to a 4.7gb dvd, but that is using the MOVIE-ONLY copy. if you use dvd-9 (dual layer, usually around 10gb) discs, it will copy an entire movie, with extras and title menu, no problem. and they will play in any decent dvd player. and it does it all in about an hour.
if you want that program, PM me an email address, and i will send it to you :D

now for my question......
for burning regular movie files(avi, mpg, mpeg, etc. etc. ), what should i use? nero7 and dvd santa do a good job, but take FOREVER......

300rman
11-26-2007, 11:51 PM
I don't know much about making copies..I just use daemon tools..and then get bored after a couple hours and downlaod another game...

my system is a
2.8 ghz
512 ram
256 mb geforce 5500

What are some good shooters?

i LOVE doom 3. EXCELLENT game.
i hear UnREAL Tournament is excellent. HALF LIFE 1 and 2 ROCK, although i doubt you will get a copied version of half-life 2 to work...its a steam platform game, and Halflife 2 Deathmatch is the online multiplayer version, also rocks. .
Quake games are good.

slightly dated, but still good are the DESCENT games. your a spaceship and you get to shoot stuff, but not like space invaders.....its 3-d, and they rock. for descent 1 and 2, it takes a while to get used to the horrible graphics, but descent 3 is pretty good.

and then you have the CALL OF DUTY games. i hear their good, but they arent my style of shooter game. i like the Doom-style games more.

oldsking86
11-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Well for the movies my process doesn't take to long because I have a pretty fast burner plus a gig of ram and a 3ghz processor so she moves pretty quick.. Takes no more then an hour to get it done, sometimes less

For the games, some of the new ones are on DVD's now, due to the graphic size and components it's easier to use that. I've always had an issue with ISO and disc image stuff.. what exactly is that?

oldsking86
11-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah halflife rocks but yea the use of it's online playing can't be done unless you buy the game.. I heard tthat about the Call of Duty games, single player works but to try it I don't care if I can't go online.

Another good one is Splinter Cell series, they are great

300rman
11-27-2007, 12:11 AM
a disc image is exactly how the files would appear on the disc.......their a pain to work with, but alcohol usually takes the headache out of it. but alcohol is only good for disc images...nothing else.

300rman
11-27-2007, 12:15 AM
might as well rename this thread "How to pirate stuff" lol
kinda like how a program looks without the GUI interface hiding the "behind the scenes complicated stuff"

oldsking86
11-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Yea I got ISO magic from a buddy, but I never used it.. I saw Call of Duty 4 today and I didn't want to waste 50 bucks on it haha so I figured I'd do what I do best :) I don't see nothing wrong with this, it's not like I sell it to make money off of it.

I'm like robin hood, take from the rich and give to the needie... see, I need this software so I get it lol

300rman
11-27-2007, 01:09 AM
exactly! and if the game rox, tell *Edited**Edited* buddies d=so they go buy it, therefore the company makes money.

where do you get games? torrents i assume?

oldsking86
11-27-2007, 01:15 AM
That's how the corporate world does it, making more money off the poor and they are getting richer... now on my watch ;)

Yea I use Mininova and isohunt, both are good sources... I'll check that one you pm'd me also. Usually I DL softwares like MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, and little ones I come across that I would need. Lately I've gotten into a little game fase so I want to get some good first person shooters.. I have GTA San Andreas which I DL'd... it works but took forever!!! lol

300rman
11-27-2007, 02:18 AM
TORRENTS.TO is not a torrent site, but a torrent search engine.
it searches Mininova, ISOhunt, and about 10 other sites like piratebay and such.

you just type in the search criteria, and it will search site 1.
along the top of the browser screen, their will be links to other torrent sites. all you do is click the link, and it takes you to the site and automatically searches, giving you the search results you would get from that site if you were to go to that individual site and do the search manually.

saves a TON of time, and your guranteed a good torrent with tons of seeds.

Aka_am
11-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks..I used to used torrentspy, have for years..then wandered into thepiratebay a bit but mostly mininova..