yesterday. He spoke alot about you board and was able
to meet some people in connection to 3wheelerworld.com

His love for his Tri-Z will always be a fond memory of
Dan.

Please post something and reply to me. It would be
very much appreciated.

Rick Horton
Friend of DRaCuLa

Never know when its gonna be your time I guess....Everyone keep his friends and family in your thoughts and prayers.

hadar
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
That is bad news, It's a shame when somone passes away before thier time. I send my reguards to his friends and family. They must go on without him and that's a hard thing to do. Sorry about your loss.

ATC-Eric
11-28-2007, 11:12 AM
I didnt like reading that at all.

Thats a shame.

chris200x
11-28-2007, 11:12 AM
This just ruined my day.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers will be with those folks today.

Mrs.Mosh
11-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Very sad. So young. His family will be in our prayers.

motorola79
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Thatīs very sad.
We will miss him.

brrcuda
11-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Deepa and I went riding with Dan on Saturday. I saw the local news story this morning and I was totally blown away at the site of it. Dan was a great guy and I will miss him as a friend and a riding partner. He had an uncanny love for the Tri-Z and motorcycles all together, and was just a cool guy that "rode" the way I did. I was just going to call him today too.

His wife was wonderful - she always had a smile on her face whenever I talked to her, and I hope she can cope with this loss. I feel so bad for her and their daughter. He was well known in his town of Winchester and I am sure the town is devastated today.

farewell my friend..........

Paul

84honda200s
11-28-2007, 01:07 PM
oooo man :( that suck for sure. i use to read his posts. seemed like a good guy.

its a shame. my best goes out to his loved ones and friends.

oldskool83
11-28-2007, 01:39 PM
thats horible, ill pray for the family.

Black86tri-z
11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
omg that sucks, god bless his family

DeePa
11-28-2007, 02:36 PM
I cant believe that this happened to dan. Ive been all distraught since paul called me and told me the news. Even though ive only met him a few times, its hitting really close to home. Makes me think it could be anyone at anytime.

It was great riding with Dan and his wife was awesome too. I hope his family is taking it well and I hope that he knows that he will be remembered not only by his family, but by others that he met, even if it was only riding trikes.

Mike

jeffatc250r
11-28-2007, 03:38 PM
This is horrible. I never got to meet him, but he was a great guy to talk to on here. My thoughts to his wife and family.

atctim
11-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Our thoughts and Prayers are with his Family! Sorry to hear the terrible news.

SYKO
11-28-2007, 04:24 PM
that sucks!!! he seemed like a cool guy to....

SYKO
11-28-2007, 04:30 PM
can we do something for him now? maybe some kind of ecard signed by this site?

oldsking86
11-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Dude that's not cool at all... sad day indeed :( Hopefully his family pulls through this well.

Yea, there has to be something we can do

New2ATC
11-28-2007, 06:27 PM
his loved ones and friends are in my prayers. You never know when its all gonna end..

brrcuda
11-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Here is the local news footage regarding his accident. He will be greatly missed. I figured he would want everyone to see. :cry: It was only a few miles from his home.

http://www.wmur.com/news/14704741/detail.html

I dont know what to do for them. I will try to see if there are any funds being setup for his family. Man, I'm really sad over this.............

DeePa
11-28-2007, 06:44 PM
its even harder because we just went riding on saturday...cuda knew him better than I did but I just really got to know him...

terrible loss to his family and friends, as well as a great resource for here

SYKO
11-28-2007, 06:46 PM
man that made me sick.... to think he wasnt found till the next morning, god only hopes he had a quick one then being trapped waiting for help

oldsking86
11-28-2007, 07:03 PM
yea i'm not in the shabbiest of moods now.. sad day indeed

Mosh
11-28-2007, 07:13 PM
This is bad news.
He always seemed like a upbeat happy kind of guy by his posts.
I feel very sad for his Family,especially his little girl.
We will keep them in our thoughts.

Savor the time you have guys,you never know how long you have.

rydetriz
11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
that is horrible news dan's a great guy. i only went riding with him once and he was such a cool person to ride with.

Rookie
11-28-2007, 07:49 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

BigGreenMachine
11-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Rest In Peace Rider.

You are surely missed, my condolences to the Cole family.

Howdy
11-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Man, o mighty!! I'm at a loss here. Tragic to say the least!! His family will be in my payers.
If anyone finds out how we can help out the family, post up and let us know.
R.I.P.
Howdy

badasskfx
11-28-2007, 08:16 PM
wow that is awful. dan was super nice and treated evreybody like famly. i liked the time we were riding and a cop flipped on the blues and cude ran off and hid and the cop says to dan " dan you guys werent just riding down by the..." cant remember where she said and dan says no she flips off the lights and leaves we turn around to tell cuda that was close and he was gone LOL
godspeed dan and god bless!

ProCarbine2k1
11-28-2007, 08:50 PM
maybe we could have a little flower fund or something, and with the collection one of the local guys could buy his family dinner, flowers, or something else to help them through? hard to read this kind of thing indeed...
i dont know if you have paypal cuda, just an idea..

KASEY
11-28-2007, 10:09 PM
WOW!!! I NEVER MET HIM,,, i just sold him some parts too,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well i guess i will send his money home,,, i am speechless,,,,,,,,,

R.I.P. FELLOW TRIKER!!!!!

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS

Dirtcrasher
11-28-2007, 10:18 PM
My god.... Please don't say that it's the guy on here with the cute GF that rode his Z around and he posted pics?? If it is, he just posted like a day ago?? I never met him but regardless it's as terrible a tragedy as any death.....

Life is just not fair, it's so hard until the day you die which is way too soon!! I'd kill to have a family and it's so sad to hear that a family is broken up - can you imagine it? really?

So sorry to hear this, thoughts are with his family.

If you guys set up something, please post it up and hopefully some of us can contribute.

EDIT - MY GOD.... It was him. What kills me is that you could simply see the love she had for him and her happiness in the past posted pictures, it was right in her face. It isn't right, not right...... I'm so sorry, I gotta go................................................ .................................................. ..........

I AM SO SORRY FOR HER AND HIS FAMILY,

Bryan Raffa
11-28-2007, 11:10 PM
:( your tri-z questions will be greatly missed! good bye my friend! :(

RIP Dan...

honda250sx
11-29-2007, 12:08 AM
I didn't have much contact with Dan on this site until recent. When we were looking at purchasing OMF skid plates at our Z. I talked to him through email and he was super greatful and you could tell his heart glowed three wheelers!

Dan you will be missed greatly by family and friends im sure. But your love for three wheelers will live on, shared by all of us here at 3ww.

Rest in peace

tecat-z
11-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Never met the man, but seemed to be a very nice person on the forums. And as already been said seemed very passionate about 3wheeling. It's always troubling to hear such bad news, about good people that have found happiness in family, friends and hobbies. Rest in peace brother::: you will be missed.

steven 250sx
11-29-2007, 03:47 PM
my prayers go out to his family
maybe we could make donations or something or even the ecard idea get everyone to sign it

3Wheelers4Life
11-29-2007, 04:23 PM
i never met him either, but thats a shame to hear. R.I.P :(

Tri-ZNate
11-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Wow. When i first saw this thread I had to look up his user name, since it didnt stick out. I figured out who he was and it said he was online 19 hours ago (when i saw it). Its always weird to me to think that just a few days ago he was probably riding the Z and now.....

Its amazing how a bunch of total strangers can be brought together so close, on a forum, that is hits close to home. I hope the family and friends can recover from this.

cr480r
11-29-2007, 07:56 PM
I find it quite upsetting how someone can be here one day and gone the next... I was just looking at sme pictures he posted of himself, his dogs, and his wife... It made my stomach turn... I wish his friends and family the best through these very unfortunate times...

tri-Z ripper
11-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Man i cant beleive it what a loss sorry to ask in NH teasers i should have checked the open forum before asking! only knowing him through friends and the board he seemed to be a dedicated triker! we will all miss him best of luck to the family in dealing with the loss!

NE250r
11-30-2007, 01:46 AM
This is such terrible news to hear. Even though I didn't know him very well, its devastating. I was always looking forward to going riding with him up in NH... RIP fellow triker, you will be greatly missed.

ColeTrickleFrnd
11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
I just found this area to read some kind thoughts about Dan.

Dan was my best Friend. I moved to Winchester 2 and half years ago and Dan and I have hung out so much since then.

I have told so many stories about Dan since the accident. The stories help the grieving. It helps me rember how special of a person Dan was.

I think about the friendship I had with Dan and how unique it was. Its not often that 2 grown men become some great friends. Friends usually start during childhood. Friends usually are just that friends. Dan was different.

Dan helped me with all the things around my place. From moving tons(and I mean tons) of wood pellets to keep my family warm to helping design my track to helping me look after my boy. He took the time to talk to my son and he was supposed to help me raise him to be a man as good as Dan.

I have spent the last few days with his family. Every day I have had a fire out at his track. I have spent time so much time remembering Dan. I close my eyes and I see Dan. I see the Dan I remember...

When my wife told Noah(my boy) that Dan had an accident and he was in heaven now...Noah said"Thats not Fair. Dan was the strongest man I knew. He was supposed to teach me how to ride that 3 wheeler someday... Who is going to teach me how to ride the 3 wheeler now?" It breaks my heart.

I have spent alot of time with his wife. She was concerned that you all knew what has happened to Dan. The relationship Dan and his wife had was special. The love between them was unconditional. The desire to be with each other was continuous. When they looked at each other you could see it was like the first day they fell in love.

The daughter is devastated. She has started working on her college plans and has spent quite some time figuring out where she wants to go. She has a bright future and she will continue on in life with what Dan has raised her to think about. There is a memorial fund that has been started. It is going to be to benefit his daughters college fund. I wil post that information here. What I may do instead is obtain his Paypal info and see if there are any donations that can be sent there.

In closing I want to tell all of you that Dan felt like you were an extension of his family. I remember helping him get all his stuff setup to be able to post on this forum. He loved his TriZ and talked about being able to load up his van and take a trip to Trike Fest. His TriZ will remain in the family. We will probably look to this forum for information and help restoring his remaining TriZ's. His dad said yesterday that we should silver plate it and just hang it from the ceiling...

Please continue to post. I read it daily now and look forward to hearing the kind words and the pictures people may have of him.

If someone needs to contact me directly they can email me at horton@hortonracing.com

Thanks again and keep Dan "#33" in your thoughts and prayers.

Rick

ATC-Eric
11-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for posting up Rick. I didnt personally know Dan, but it does hit me none the less. Its a real shame that this happened.

The college fund is a great idea, and I will throw in on this end to help his daughter acheive her goals.

In closing, I know that Dan had some boxers, finding that Dan was a boxer person is well enough to know he was indeed a cool dude.

RIP Triker.

Yamahondaman
11-30-2007, 04:09 PM
I Never met him yet and i hope His Family Heal's in time...
Glad to be a Part of Nameing the "Rainbow Girl" !! Rest In Peace Brother !

tri-Z ripper
11-30-2007, 07:20 PM
this has affected everybody on the forum it is just proof that life is short and i say this everyday to somebody enjoy the things and people you love as if everyday is the last! Having never met him myself but knowing people that did it only reassures me that he lived his life to the fullest and we should all remember that in this time of greif! RIP fellow TRI-Z ripper you will definetly not be forgotten!

ColeTrickleFrnd
12-03-2007, 10:26 AM
I wanted to let you all know that this weekend was Dan's(ColeTrickle's) wake and funeral service.

Friday night was the wake and there were people that waited over 3 hours to get in. Enduring the cold to show their respects. There must have been 500-600 people. Calling hours were 6-9 and the line was around the block by 6. It lasted till almost midnight.

Saturday morning we had the service and the procession(sp?) to the cemetary. During the service Dan's dad sang a song and spoke of Dan and his life. He actually mentioned his 3 wheeler and Dans love affair with it!

Saturday night the close friends who knew Dan spent some time out at his track having a fire. It was one of many fires that I have had this week. There were 20+ people out in the cold remembering Dan and all the stories. It was under 15 degrees out and it felt like summer. Dan loved having camp fires. He loved to be outside. I packed everything up about 10:30 as everyone had gone. I had a long talk with Dan and told him the response on this site. I told him he will always be remembered and definitely missed.

Thanks again for all your kind words.

SYKO
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
thanx for sharing everythign with us, I was cruising around the site yesturday and ran up on some of his posts from last week, how he was showing off his track and talking about riding it, I guess he has all the trikes and tracks that he wants now.

300rman
12-03-2007, 07:14 PM
that is a sad thing to hear.

and people say trikes are dangerous.

brapp
12-05-2007, 04:23 PM
its the final cost of life some are taken befor eothers but its times liek thes that makes you really respect and appreciate the time you have on earth and make the best of it. my toughts and prayers are with him and his family. and hope everythgin turns around quickly aand starts healing.

evand
12-12-2007, 01:58 PM
i just noticed this post and read every responce.. i knew him though here but seemed like a nice guy.....

RIP