PDA

View Full Version : Ebay seller not combining shipping, arrrr

tecat-z
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Bought 3 items from the same seller a few days ago and politely asked him to combine shipping. Since the two small items will very easily fit into the largest box. The set price on the large box for shipping was $20. Which i know he's still making money on. I'm ok with that but come on! I always give a break on shipping whenever possible. Then he says he has to ship them all separately to provide proof, then says they will come in one box the next day. This place seems kinda strange.:crazy: And now he can't seem to get the invoice straight either. Myself like so many others rely on ebay for our parts, but it does get frustrating when a transaction takes place with an non cooperating party. To many people try and use shipping as a way to boost their profits. Makes me mad, but i guess i'm at their mercy. Kinda makes me want to leave a negative when i finally have my stuff.

mike from long island
11-28-2007, 05:59 PM
I agree with crazy shipping prices and no help.If you lower your prices and just ask a little more on the asking price we wouldnt feel so ripped off!! I try to do everything possible to help them out.I never receive any help.I just recieved a few negitive feedbacks because I left them a neutral... I dont really care about the negs.It is what it is.

I won 2 seperate auctions from shopsales. There were a few days inbetween them.I waited to pay hoping to get them combined,I kept getting numerous invoices.So I just paid.Well when the time came to have the parts arrive.All in one box.No refund on the shipping either.I was a little mad at that.But anyways what can ya do.

RedRider_AK
11-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah, whenever I sell something on the boards (not a big Ebay guy) I try to fit it into the smallest box available, to save the customer money. I don't actually make any money off my shipping when I do ship it, because I get my prices directly from the USPS website and if there's a difference between the real price and the quote, I will actually cover it out of my own pocket.

I don't get how people can get away with charging 20 dollars shipping for something like a speedometer or small electrical component.

If you want to know what the shipping SHOULD be, go to the USPS site and use their shipping calculator, it uses zip codes, weight and dimensions to estimate your shipping cost. When I used it to send Nick Richey (Nick_R_23) some snowmobile stuff, it was spot on. Highly recommended to check if you're getting stiffed by the Ebay seller on shipping.

The Goat
11-28-2007, 06:17 PM
pshh...some guy is charging me 110 bucks to ship a motor from cali to louisiana...i know for a fact he could get it here for 50

RedRider_AK
11-28-2007, 06:37 PM
pshh...some guy is charging me 110 bucks to ship a motor from cali to louisiana...i know for a fact he could get it here for 50

Wow, that's really gay. I just sent Nick a complete 500 twin motor, and it only cost me 20 bucks or so. It was ridiculous.

SYKO
11-28-2007, 06:42 PM

I highly dought that, unless you send the motor bare with a tag on it, no insurance or anything, I have shipped quite a few motors around this country, the last one a 200M motor from ga to MI it was 65 or something like that, it wieghed 75+ lbs, in a sealed container with no insurace, so 100 seems half way reasonable, it all depends on how it come packaged and if theres insurance on it or not, also is it fed ex of ups? becouse ups will rip your nut sack off for shipping a motor, while fed ex will gently carress them....:eek:

Louis Mielke
11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I ship all engines in a sealed rubber made tote packed with material. $60 is usually the minimum it ever costs.

tecat-z
11-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Well, it's official IBUYATVS on ebat is a complete TOOL!!!!!!!! Totally uncooperative and is now lying to me. So i said combine in one box, send me a updated invoice with items listed, and you'll get paypalled. Otherwise i don't care. Hate to be like this, but i'm not gonna be lied to and ripped off. And now it seems i'm sensing another hard to get ahold of seller. Man, i'm getting frustrated!