PDA

View Full Version : shipping

storm_impulse
12-04-2007, 08:12 PM
i was just wondering if anyone has noticed if shipping rates went up. mainly shipping to canada from the US. about 3 months ago i shipped a bottom end off a 200x to canada and it costed 26 bucks. i shipped another 200x bottom end today and it costed 76.70:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: wtf? when i did business, i usually shipped to canada. more canada then the US. sorry canada guys, i think this might be my last time.

timex69
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
i hear that alot..i was browsing ebay today and no one ships to canada anymore. I emailed all the sellers saying I will cover all the costs no problem but still they email back saying no..whats up with taht..i ship to the US for what it costs me

storm_impulse
12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
i also thought about those that ship from canada. i guess your in the same boat. i think someone should do something about the way shipment is priced. i can understand crazy shipping prices across the ocean but canada? wtf its right next to us.

jason85atc250r
12-04-2007, 11:30 PM
i was just wondering if anyone has noticed if shipping rates went up. mainly shipping to canada from the US. about 3 months ago i shipped a bottom end off a 200x to canada and it costed 26 bucks. i shipped another 200x bottom end today and it costed 76.70:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: wtf? when i did business, i usually shipped to canada. more canada then the US. sorry canada guys, i think this might be my last time.

why are you not going to ship there? the customer who buys your parts pays for the shipping. so you dont lose anything on the deal anyways?

i sell toyota truck and atv parts on ebay. i get a exact quote threw the us postal site when i send them the total so i dont hurt myself on shipping. i ship alot of parts to canada.

steven 250sx
12-05-2007, 02:50 AM
well that sucks for us canadiens i really hope people don't stop shipping cause of that like someone mentioned we pay for the shipping anyway

400exguy
12-05-2007, 09:56 AM
I cant say why these guys wont ship...but it probably has something to do with them not being able to inflate the price they require to ship just to make a few extra bucks. Its a very common practice, which im sure you already know, for people on ebay to charge double or more for shipping then what it actually cost to make some more money. I understand that you gotta cover your price of the package, time to go to the post office, ebay fees, paypal fees....but I think its a joke and pisses me off.

If the price to ship to Canada is 75 (which is already a lot) and someone wants to add 10-20 bucks to it (for "handeling fees"), 85-95 for shipping is even worse and probably in some cases more then what the product cost and the buyers might not wanna pay that. That is unless it is trike parts which are priceless due to them being hard to find.

Thats just my opinion on why some of the shady pricks on ebay will not ship to Canada.:crazy:

timex69
12-05-2007, 10:24 AM
people should stop adding thos handleing fees..ebay should stop that and start cracking down

Mrs.Mosh
12-05-2007, 10:31 AM
I will still ship to Canada, but the shipping prices have gotten crazy. I use to be able to ship a small item Priority to Canada for about $5.00. It went up to around $20.00:eek:

firehart
12-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I think shipping is like everything else. It really went up when the price of fuel went up.

storm_impulse
12-05-2007, 11:45 AM
thats why i usually agree to pay shipping fees just so nobody thinks im jackin up the shipping to make alil more cash. there have been few times i asked for the price+shipping cause i couldnt afford to pay shipping. id ship to canada again as long as whatever was bought from me weighed under 40 lbs. 40 is considered priority shipping. the bottom end that i did ship was only 4lbs over the limit and they jacked up the shipping price by about 40 bucks. i like selling stuff cause i do make alil profit but there has been times i had my throat cut because of shipping.
what do you do if you sold something that costed way less then the shipping? i ran into this problem twice.

firehart
12-05-2007, 12:34 PM
When I first started selling stuff mail order, I got burned a couple of times. Now I have to make two trips to the Post Office. One to have it weighed and to figure shipping costs, the other when I mail it off.

The Goat
12-05-2007, 12:39 PM
yeah i've had certain members on here ready to buy parts from me...and then when we look at the shipping....it's just impossible.

i mean yeah, if i charged full retail on this stuff there would be no shipping. it's the difference between selling a set of 350x fenders for 190 or 260. but crap. rear fenders for a 350X 55$!!!!!!! that's stupid, they weigh what 7 pounds? i don't care about "dimensional weight". me thinks i might have a plan though, there is a kinko's on campus, and i may try to do a little shipping during exams, pissed off college students, they will ignore a rule or two.

SWIGIN
12-05-2007, 01:41 PM
i just shipped a 45 pound torque converter from PA to California for $37...... i was shocked it was so cheap

jason85atc250r
12-06-2007, 11:42 PM
When I first started selling stuff mail order, I got burned a couple of times. Now I have to make two trips to the Post Office. One to have it weighed and to figure shipping costs, the other when I mail it off.

you can go on the post office web site and check the quotes online. it's relly accurate. the site is "usps.com". them you wont have to drive twice FIREHART.

i ship alot of stuff to canada with no problems. i just give them a shipping quote off the postal website and send them that total threw the ebay invoice.

you guys need to give a price + shipping. then get there zip code and figure out shipping on the companies site. then give the guy a total and you'll never get burned:D

TwoHundredEx
12-06-2007, 11:49 PM
I didn't realize how bad it was until just yesterday when I was going to buy an axle from member on here. $25 for the axle, $40 for shipping! I can't justify paying almost double the cost of the item for shipping right now.

x.system
12-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Shipping has went up for everyone, Canada and overseas, I ship mainly usps and they have changed the way you ship online now so they make more money. Global priority used to be the best route for smaller parts but they did away with it online.

I've been shipping from my home for over a year now and just recently can now ship everywhere in the world from home. Get yourself a scale, order free box's, print your own lables and/or customs forms and schedual a free pickup at your door.

I don't offer shipping outside the US on ebay only because I can't put a determined amount on shipping until after the sale so when asked if I will ship I always say yes but wait for the invoice before they pay so I can give actual shipping charges.

Dammit!
12-08-2007, 05:48 PM
I shipped two items to Canada recently. Some 200x shrouds and a 250R motor. The shrouds were actually just under five bucks which I was kinda shocked by. I thought it was an error. :lol:

The 250R motor was $110.

Brockey
12-09-2007, 01:53 PM
I figures this could be my bottom end storm impulse is talking about. Let me know man and I will help the cost.

storm_impulse
12-09-2007, 06:22 PM
nah man dont worry about it. you paid the shipping the first time and i made a mistake and didnt take all the oil out, so then customs sent it back to me. so therefor it was my fault so i bit the bullet and paid shipping. plus if it wasnt for you buying that bottom end i wouldnt have my 250R frame. BTW i couldnt take much off the bottom end so u now have a new clutch basket:)

Brockey
12-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Sweet. I'll make up for it on the next purchase from you. Thxs man.