PDA

View Full Version : Wii

Macs
12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Does anyone have a wii? I was never much into video games but this thing looks liek it will be alot of fun. I think i could get into something like that. What do yall think?

SYKO
12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
it has more "fun" games then the other systems, if youve never been into games then the WII will probably be a good system to start on, were as games for the 360 and PS3 are more serious and costly as well, my susgestion is pick up an older sytem, PS1, GAMECUBE, N64 you can get those cheap, games are still avail, and alot of good titles for them

firehart
12-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Around here all the new Wiis are sold out and now people are scalping them. Some are going for as much as $200.00 more than retail.

Macs
12-05-2007, 06:44 PM
well, toys r us has them available online and walmart is suppose to be getting some in that will be available online next week. I have seen on ebay where they are going for a little over $800.

Aka_am
12-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah wii's are like casual party type games..me and my gf, stayed out all night last winter (in ohio....) to get one for her brother for chirstmas..He likes it, wants a psp now..

Me personally, I don't see any games at all I'd be interested in. but lately I get bored easy..except on 3-wheeler stuff WOOT!

If you have kids, that are younger it would be great! Have you played games before? like any certain genres?

And yeah wii's are going for like the same as xbox360 and ps3's now if not more, becuase nintendo is intenionally doing shortages to try and boost sales. and they will come in bundles and stuff to, just jacks up the price in my mind

RedRider_AK
12-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I found the Wii controller to be kind of stupid. I played Red Steel with it (the first person shooter) and you literally cannot aim for crap. There's a second of lag between you moving the controller and the TV actually showing you where you're aiming, so it's basically worthless. The enemies can shoot you way faster than you can aim and shoot back.

I didn't like it at all. Give me a good Xbox 360 and I'll be happy forever.

Aka_am
12-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah my gf's bro has medal of honor heroes, and the gun is all shaking and everything looks way out of place for a FPS, I have it on my psp, and the controls are alot better, but dont compare to a big console with two sticks, or keyboard and mouse.

Macs
12-06-2007, 10:00 AM
my wife plays here super nintendo every once in a while. But we went over to a friends house who had guitar hero. Me and my wife had a blast playing it. So that is when we got the idea to go buy one.

400exguy
12-06-2007, 10:32 AM
I have had one for amost a year now. I went into EB Games right around when they came out and jokingly asked the guy working there if they had and and he said 1 left so I bought it. They are fun to play, even the free sports games that come with the system. I will have to admit, they graphics are not as sharp as say the 360 or PS3 but they are still good. Havent played a shooting game on it but Madden is pretty cool and some of the Mario games they have out now are pretty fun as well. The cool thing is you can also play GameCube games so I like that as well (you can get them on ebay pretty low priced) even though you can do that with the 360 playing regular xbox games too.

I say if you can find one in the store, they are worth getting at the price they are. Boxing and bowling stuff is fun and you really get tired...its a smart idea to get inactive fat kids to do some stuff, although all games do not require high levels of movement either.

3Wheelers4Life
12-06-2007, 11:13 PM
personally, just my opinion, i think the wii has a cool idea going, but normally when you play video games you want to sit down, relax and chill. i just cant see playing for an hour or so standing up moving around. i dont hate the wii i think its a cool idea, but i would just rather be lazy and sit. but i played xbox 360 and let me tell you Halo 3 online is awesome!!!

400exguy
12-07-2007, 03:24 AM
You can play the game sitting down. Like Madden for instance, you just flick your wrist to throw the ball. Even the more active games you just can sit there...but you are still moving your arms and stuff. There was an article on yahoo where there are some hospitals and stuff that use them for physical theropy. Kind of cool if you ask me.

Found the link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071206/tc_nm/videogames_therapy_tech_dc;_ylt=AkiYP849M7winPQ76f SlOO9U.3QA