PDA

View Full Version : rpm_atv

3Wheelers4Life
12-06-2007, 09:50 PM
ok this may have been posted before but i want to know 2 things about the seller ‘rpm_atv’ on eBay

1. where does this guy find his bikes? i have seen him part out about 10 nice bikes 200x's, water cooled 250r's etc. and most of them are in OUTSTANDING condition. with 20 hours or less on them. that have the owners manuals, tool kits, oem plastic in perfect condition etc. i guess a lot must have been farm bikes?

2. why does this guy part out the bikes? yes i know the real answer he is making a fortune, but why would you part out nice bikes like that? :crazy:

in one way i am happy that he does this because we have a steady supply of basically new parts, but in the other way he is killing trikes that most people would die to have, including myself. the bikes that should be parted out are the beaten, half dead ones. any thoughts? or does anyone agree? Also, hes not on the boards right?

Orangecnty250r
12-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Exactly what you said!!!! He probably picks some of them up for 1000-1500 and makes up to 3000-4500 depending on the time of year

He makes money and really nice parts are available for the rest of us.....just have to hunt the cheap nice machines down yourself...believe me he isnt paying ebay prices for them and parting them

great deals on ebay dont come along often especially like that NOS 250r short track kit :lol: :lol: :lol: right edog:D

DeePa
12-06-2007, 11:17 PM
i bought a set of 86 r pegs off of him and if you clean the dirt off of them, they look almost brand new

i look through his stuff all of the time

Rustytinhorn
12-06-2007, 11:56 PM
I live about half hour away from him. All I can say is that there are a ton of trikes for sale here in Utah. I watch the classifieds here, and there are some good buys and tons of awsome bikes that come through here. There are always wanted adds for all kinds of 3 wheelers, big wheels, and fat cats here. I think people just dont know what to do with their "old" 3 wheelers, and really arent in the market for ebay or asking a lot of $$ for them. He propbably makes them an offer and they figure they'd rather have cash in hand than a bike in a barn.
It is actually a little business here in Ogden, and there are a couple guys that work there. They keep an extremely clean shop. Plus I think there good reputation really drives the price up too.
Just an example of the market. The other day there was a basically mint 350x in the classifieds for $800 I think. I called about an hour after it was listed, but it was already sold and a guy on the way to pick it up. AARRGGGHHH!!!

Here is a really clean '85 350x I found within 45 minutes of it being listed. I bet you could pop $1500 for it with cash in hand. I really want a 350x super bad..and there are always new ones coming up. If I wasn't headed back to school this bad boy would already be gone.:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :( :( :( :(
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=2286652&cat=145&lpid=

The Goat
12-07-2007, 04:28 AM
i really don't know...i bought a skid plate with the original rubber studs on it...and this is a freaking skid plate...and it was beautiful.

i need to take a lil trip to utah, cause there are no liquid r's, z's, or anything else trikish around here. i paid 200 bucks for my basketcase 200x...and i was lucky to find it.

3Wheelers4Life
01-03-2008, 04:37 PM
sorry to revive this older thread, but heres exactly my point here, look at this engine, immaculate condition, imagine what the bike was like. why part it out?:crazy: i dont get it! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150199740500&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005
look at the fuel tank too: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-ATC-185S-185-S-ATC185S-Fuel-Tank-Gas-Tank_W0QQitemZ150199729616QQihZ005QQcategoryZ43965 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
look at his other items, i dont understand, why? :crazy:

edog
01-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Exactly what you said!!!! He probably picks some of them up for 1000-1500 and makes up to 3000-4500 depending on the time of year

He makes money and really nice parts are available for the rest of us.....just have to hunt the cheap nice machines down yourself...believe me he isnt paying ebay prices for them and parting them

great deals on ebay dont come along often especially like that NOS 250r short track kit :lol: :lol: :lol: right edog:D

That just ain't rite:lol:

Threes company
01-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I hear you 3w4life..... awhile back that seller used to post a pic of the complete bike before he chopped it up just to show how mint the parts were..... the bikes always looked showroom too, very sad in my opinion. :cry: Some machines are TOO NICE to destroy! I know I couldn't do it anyway, but then again he doesn't have the passion we have.... to him they're just cash makers. But everytime I see a cherry bike on EBay now, I always wonder if its just going to end up in this sellers hands.

boosted96cobra
01-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Man that is funny I have been looking over ebay and seen this same seller. i actually was looking at buying a couple of these bikes he is parting out right now and I have no idea how someone could part out something so damn nice. I also messaged him about maybe a package deal on some parts I need (he is about 40 miles away from me) but he won't work with me at all, just in it for the cash.

Around tax return time I'm gonna start buying alot of these that pop up here and try to make them nicer and sell a few of them. Hope I still 3/4 of his buisness because what he is doing is wrong. quads and bikes are one thing, but not the trikes!!!

dreadhed
01-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Man that is funny I have been looking over ebay and seen this same seller. i actually was looking at buying a couple of these bikes he is parting out right now and I have no idea how someone could part out something so damn nice. I also messaged him about maybe a package deal on some parts I need (he is about 40 miles away from me) but he won't work with me at all, just in it for the cash.

Around tax return time I'm gonna start buying alot of these that pop up here and try to make them nicer and sell a few of them. Hope I still 3/4 of his buisness because what he is doing is wrong. quads and bikes are one thing, but not the trikes!!!

How are they doing any thing wrong? They aren't. I dought you will steal(not still) his business. How can you if you don't part nice trikes? The seller has great feedback & great parts, I don't see what the problem is other than people just complaining. They don't need to cut you a package deal, chances are the parts are going to sell for a good chuck of change anyway.

edog
01-14-2008, 10:20 AM

Don't hate the player....hate the game.

The Goat
01-14-2008, 12:48 PM
if i remember correctly he's based out of Utah correct? so in that aspect he is there in the guys pool. idk, i wish he'd do a 350x or two personally. I'm still trying to find some good rockers.

250rfreak
01-14-2008, 05:17 PM
ive meet him he has a pal out of state and pays almost nothing for all his bikes......

boosted96cobra
01-18-2008, 06:13 AM
I just hate seeing perfect bikes getting parted out. I don't mind parts, but these are not wrecked bikes they are mint and people just don't know what they have.

Dudes chop shopping your favorite hobby and your cool with it....*Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*.

69HemiGTX
01-19-2008, 12:54 AM
Dudes chop shopping your favorite hobby and your cool with it....*Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*.

My thoughts exactly.