PDA

View Full Version : Damm I missed this one

Orangecnty250r
12-09-2007, 10:32 PM
I was manually bidding and my 1850.00 didnt make it in time A STEAL !!!!:mad: :mad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200180510248

Bryan Raffa
12-09-2007, 11:23 PM
I know the feeling.. I got a 83 300r down the road for $600 pipe,big carb,swinger..its killin me because i dont have it...its nice!!!real nice!!:cry:

300rman
12-09-2007, 11:43 PM
I know the feeling.. I got a 83 300r down the road for $600 pipe,big carb,swinger..its killin me because i dont have it...its nice!!!real nice!!:cry:

for 600? buy it!

ATC-Eric
12-09-2007, 11:45 PM
WOW Orangecnty, that was a heck of a deal!!!!!!!

thefox
12-10-2007, 12:08 AM

Realy? Cough up the info Raffa!
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

The Goat
12-10-2007, 04:14 AM
for 600 bucks i'll drive up there and get it.

Orangecnty250r
12-10-2007, 08:02 AM
It was stuck at 1599.00 in the last minute of the auction, I typed in 1801 the last 20 seconds and it wouldnt let me enter the bid because someone came in while I was typing.....said the mininum was 1825 or 25. I tried to bang in with 1851 and it was to late. Anyway I have a super sweet 1986 for the showroom but for the right price and the right machine I would like an all stock daily rider....this on would have fit that need nicely. It was slightly mislisted so for some it went under the radar

whyzee
12-10-2007, 08:11 AM
It was stuck at 1599.00 in the last minute of the auction, I typed in 1801 the last 20 seconds and it wouldnt let me enter the bid because someone came in while I was typing.....said the mininum was 1825 or 25. I tried to bang in with 1851 and it was to late. Anyway I have a super sweet 1986 for the showroom but for the right price and the right machine I would like an all stock daily rider....this on would have fit that need nicely. It was slightly mislisted so for some it went under the radar

That one slipped by my radar!!!!DAMN !
Nice hunting OC!
I see ebays search funtion is back to normal!!! bikes actually show upwith parts again:w00t:

Orangecnty250r
12-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Embossed rear fender, headlight, perfect seat, I would have kept it as a rider forever but with my house addition going on couldnt go much higher....Not sure what sonjars highest bid was. Maybe I should have tried 2501.00 still would have been a steal for anything under 2500.0

ATCT
12-10-2007, 12:27 PM
It's hard to win "tough" auctions anymore without a bid sniping program. It's nearly impossible to beat someone who is using one. The thing is, you have to put your maximum amount right off the bat, which is tough as it seems that you weren't sure how much you wanted to spend.

Another thing I'm finding is that you shouldn't put your bid into the sniping program too soon. It seems that other people using a sniping program are notified by their program that another person using a sniping program has placed a maximum bid that is higher than theirs (into the sniping program, not eBay--the sniping program doesn't bid until the last 2 or 3 seconds) and then have the chance to up their max bid. In other words, the sniping bid is seemingly detectable by others using sniping prgrams.

chris200x
12-14-2007, 07:10 AM
you see an intresting auction one time.... BID!!!!!

Here's a tip... instead of trying to "snipe" an auction... Do what I do... When you see something your intrested in.. enter the maxinum AMOUNT your willing to spend on that particulart item! This isn't ROCKET science folks... bid to win.. no "secrect deals"... "no subminAl messages"... No "private offers"...... iF i COULD PUT MORE THAN 10 OF THESE SMILIES iN ONE POST i WOULD... geezzz... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sAVE THE DRAMA... FO YO MAMA!!!

Sorry Bill.. I respect you more than anyone on these forums.... but this ebay forum.. and their discussions... SUCK BALLS!http://smilies.storagebin.us/smilies/sackrider.gif

DeePa
12-14-2007, 12:11 PM
im a hail mary last second type guy

chris200x
12-14-2007, 12:45 PM
All sobered up now....

I'd like to apologize pubically to OC. I had no business making the post I did in his thead like that early this morning. I guess I can blame it on the stress of the holidays.. and being fed up with being sniped out of auctions in the last few seconds of auctions I'm intrested in. Sorry Bill. I guess the only thing left for me to do is to get me one of these programs and start doing it myself...

Steiger
12-14-2007, 02:58 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW dude! ........were you drinkin that early in the mornin?:lol:

There are some sniper programs that are free, try some out. But that does not mean you will automatically win. It is still an art to be mastered with a lot of luck mixed in. I don't use them all the time though. Just once in a while I do.

edog
12-14-2007, 03:03 PM
www.baygenie.com mite help.!t's free!

Getting Verizon Fios next week watch out fools.

chris200x
12-15-2007, 12:53 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW dude! ........were you drinkin that early in the mornin?:lol:

There are some sniper programs that are free, try some out. But that does not mean you will automatically win. It is still an art to be mastered with a lot of luck mixed in. I don't use them all the time though. Just once in a while I do.

LOL... I work a wierd shift so morning is actually like a normal working persons evening.. or something like that! :rolleyes:

Oh man... I feel like such an ass. :rolleyes: :( What I guess I was trying to say is if you see something that tickles your fancy bid on it... dont wait! and definitly dont complain about it (not that OC was) when you miss out.

I will try one of these programs tho.. thanks for posting them. :D

Orangecnty250r
12-15-2007, 08:26 AM
LOL... I work a wierd shift so morning is actually like a normal working persons evening.. or something like that! :rolleyes:

Oh man... I feel like such an ass. :rolleyes: :( What I guess I was trying to say is if you see something that tickles your fancy bid on it... dont wait! and definitly dont complain about it (not that OC was) when you miss out.

I will try one of these programs tho.. thanks for posting them. :D

Apology accepted although I was never upset :D

Now let me let you into OC's world of ebay bidding and to help free your mind of the ebay tortures and misconceptions that tangle it....

1st..... the 250r , let me remind you I have a killer 86 that I have bought alot of discontinued NOS for and have a ton of cash into.....I dont need one for the collection otherwise this one would have been picked up and here already...When I posted I missed it I should have posted I missed it CHEAP.
This one was under the radar and I was watching it somewhat closely expecting the price to jump up within the last few hours. I wanted a super clean ALL STOCK 86 250r rider for a while now but I have lots of other projects (trike and non trike) to finish so spending a mint isnt in the cards right now....thats why I never put a high number in the sniper. When there was five minutes to left and it was still cheap I figured WTH 1800 ish plus my gas would be a killer deal but thats all I was looking for was a killer deal...unfortunetly someone picked up on it (1 person) and beat me by peanuts although I will never know the high bid they had.

2nd......Snipers, I learned the hard way before I had DSL ....in OC's early days I was a manual bidder and the phone modem never let me get my bids in on time and lost many auctions to other snipers... I've had my fair share of temper tantrums at the computer especially when I lost some great items. If you choose to pull up to a stock car race with a ford focus go right ahead (you'll lose every time).

3rd.....Bidding " throw your bid in " " put in your highest number" That's just ridiculous for a few reasons....1st off is other bidders winning mentality or judgement of price. For example if I see a great item and its worth 250.00 to me and I put that 250.00 bid in immediately, someone else sees it and they may have been only willing to go 75.00...they bid against me....when it hits 75.00 and I am still the high bidder their competivnes comes out.....then they keep thinking about it, thinking some more, thinking they may never find the part again etc etc, they keep bidding again ....testing the waters...now they are up to 175.00 before they bail.....bidding early now just cost me an extra 100.00. Secondly I've had a few people tell me they check my bid history current and old auctions.....so If I find a mislisted item that is under the radar for most and I bid...... now through ebays transparency the whole world can check what I found bring in bidders that would have otherwise never have seen it.... BIDDING EARLY now results in me losing the item or costing alot more. So case example if I bid on that 250r and whyzee and other collectors checked my bid history do you think it I would have had a chance to win it for 1825......No that machine probably would have hit 3500-4000 easily.

I think you get crazy because your system just isnt working...its a competive world unfortunetly.....deals are still there for anyone who wants to be in the hobby....spend time looking in other places or be competive and up to speed with ebay.....or if you want to keep bidding maximum early go right ahead :rolleyes: helps me and others out :TrikesOwn OC

chris200x
12-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Oh man... I think you make this alot more complicated than it actually is. When I enter the maximum amount I can spend thats it.. there is no more to think about... or be compemtative about. I get so mad with some of these auctions and being sniped sometimes I can put my head through the computer screen! ...and when I read guys bragging about how they email sellers with those privaste offers (whole other topic) drives me absolutly batty! I really must stay the heck outta this ebay forum... its not good for my blood pressure! :D :crazy:

Orangecnty250r
12-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Oh man... I think you make this alot more complicated than it actually is. When I enter the maximum amount I can spend thats it.. there is no more to think about... or be compemtative about. I get so mad with some of these auctions and being sniped sometimes I can put my head through the computer screen! I really must stay the heck outta this ebay forum... its not good for my blood pressure! :D :crazy:

I think its the opposite ....you are trying to make a complicated system made up of millions of people of all demographics simple...You are admitting it frustrates you:crazy: I have given you good reasons why what you do doesnt work . You have been educated on the tools to win if you dont convert you'll be poking in on the ebay forum complaining about it forever and 3 days or until at least you need blood pressure meds. Thats making it very simple.....

P.S. I understand we'll never see eye to eye on this one and thats OK... nothing personal:beer

super90
12-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Thats why egay pretty much sucks... Why dosent ebay just ban the sniping programs or something so its fair to the average user.....?

edog
12-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Thats why egay pretty much sucks... Why dosent ebay just ban the sniping programs or something so its fair to the average user.....?

It's the High roller treatment baby.:lol:

Orangecnty250r
12-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Am i crazy :crazy: or Chris did you delete your entire last post :lol: :lol:

chris200x
12-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I wish this thread.... and the whole ebay forum would disapear! LMAO!!

yes I did tho... I dont want to crap in your thread no more.

prohemi500
12-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Man this is my favorite forum, I love it!:lol: :lol: I could not agree more with OC's remarks. In my opinion, Ebay could solve sniping, (and bring sellers more money possibly) by doing one thing.... take away the auction ending time! Then when you find an item, you would have to bid immediately because you would not know the ending time, and you could miss it if you wait! As for me I will keep doing the things that you have to do in order to have a chance at winning an item, and winning it for a resonable price!:Bounce :Bounce

prohemi500
12-16-2007, 11:46 AM
I do however understand the frustration of chris200x, but the 3rd paragraph of OC's post pretty much sums it up in black and white, I dont like it either, it is unfortunate, but that is the way you have to play if your going to be successful in getting deals on Ebay.

chris200x
12-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Well since this thread seems to be going in a dirffrent direction anyway I'll repost my eirlier statements and questions.

The whole thing with waiting until the last minute to bid. Often I'm not around the computer when some of these end so what I've been doing is as soon as something catches my eye I bid. I often forget about somethings as well and end up missing out. (again, another reason I bid early)

What I dont understand with these programs is If I enter the amount (most likely a bit higher than I'd like to spend just to cover my butt)) what happens if 10 other people do the same thing... I'll end up paying more for it anyways if my amount I did enter is the highest. (does anyone understand what I'm trying to explain?)

It seems to me lately that ebay is definitly a buyers market. Stuff seems to be going fairly cheap (even compared to the same time as a year ago) So its my belief that folks emailing in their private offers (porbably a hansome sum) are infact just burning themselves if you think about it. Why not just be like everyone else and bid on the damn thing. You'd probably end up saving yourself money when It's all said and done.

edog
12-16-2007, 12:18 PM
It just comes down to how bad you want it and what your willing to pay.

Like I said if you want to ride with the high rollers you have to bring the cheda.

Orangecnty250r
12-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Well since this thread seems to be going in a dirffrent direction anyway I'll repost my eirlier statements and questions.

The whole thing with waiting until the last minute to bid. Often I'm not around the computer when some of these end so what I've been doing is as soon as something catches my eye I bid. I often forget about somethings as well and end up missing out. (again, another reason I bid early)

What I dont understand with these programs is If I enter the amount (most likely a bit higher than I'd like to spend just to cover my butt)) what happens if 10 other people do the same thing... I'll end up paying more for it anyways if my amount I did enter is the highest. (does anyone understand what I'm trying to explain?)

It seems to me lately that ebay is definitly a buyers market. Stuff seems to be going fairly cheap (even compared to the same time as a year ago) So its my belief that folks emailing in their private offers (porbably a hansome sum) are infact just burning themselves if you think about it. Why not just be like everyone else and bid on the damn thing. You'd probably end up saving yourself money when It's all said and done.

Chris thats another reason the snipers are great...I can bid on auctions when working, or sleeping, or when my favorite skinemax flick is on....takes alot of the pressure off of having to be at the computer bidding.

Your other thought about the 10 people bidding at the end ....why would you put more to cover your butt with a snipe program than a manual bid...you know what you want to spend whether its a snipe or not..2 people putting a high max bid in can do the same to each other no matter what....The rule is DONT put in more than the part is worth to you manually bidding or snipe....people bidding at the end of auctions snipe or no snipe will never go away.

Chris your always in the ebay forum... a deep subconscious piece of your soul would miss the controversy if it were gone.;)

Prohemi ....not knowing the end of an auction time would drive me :crazy: :crazy: I dont think i'm with you on that one :beer

prohemi500
12-16-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't use (and have never) used a sniping program, so I don't know enough to make any comments on it. I simply hit the auction at the last second, If I win, I win... If I don't, Oh well! I do think that if someone makes a private offer, they feel like the auction could and probably will go for more than their offer OR they simply want it bad and are willing to pay big $$$!

prohemi500
12-16-2007, 01:01 PM
OC, it would probably drive me :crazy: also, however it would put an end to the whole sniping and bidding debate period, you would simply bid when you saw what you wanted or take a chance on losing it. (good for sellers, but not buyers) We don't have to worry about it though, it will never happen! Dammit :beer Did I mention I love this forum? Excuse me while I step outside and cut a few doughnuts on the old 250r BRB :D :D :D

chris200x
12-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Chris thats another reason the snipers are great...I can bid on auctions when working, or sleeping, or when my favorite skinemax flick is on....takes alot of the pressure off of having to be at the computer bidding.

Your other thought about the 10 people bidding at the end ....why would you put more to cover your butt with a snipe program than a manual bid...you know what you want to spend whether its a snipe or not..2 people putting a high max bid in can do the same to each other no matter what....The rule is DONT put in more than the part is worth to you manually bidding or snipe....people bidding at the end of auctions snipe or no snipe will never go away.

Chris your always in the ebay forum... a deep subconscious piece of your soul would miss the controversy if it were gone.;)

Prohemi ....not knowing the end of an auction time would drive me :crazy: :crazy: I dont think i'm with you on that one :beer

Your right on this point. and I really dont know what to say.. :wondering :lol: It really is an addiction I think. :confused: This has turned into a healthy discussion which is fine by me. Its the people that list the really dumb auctions... and all the stupid remarks that come along with it that get on my nerves. Then there's the ones that people get all bent outta shape because it's posted here and drives the price up.... Then there's one that really pushed me over the edge last week is the one where some members were bragging about snatching things with the private offers. The site can do without these IMO.

What got me started on this thread is that you kinda made it sound like (and not to be harsh) "Well I was trying to be cheap and I missed out" at least that's how it came across to me. I'll try in the future to better control my emotions and really think hard before hitting that reply button. I hate making myself look like a douchebag over stupid things like this.

Am I the only one around here that gets bent outta shape about these things? or do alot of folks feel the same way and are just smarter than me and dont say anything?

edog
12-16-2007, 01:49 PM
OC, it would probably drive me :crazy: also, however it would put an end to the whole sniping and bidding debate period, you would simply bid when you saw what you wanted or take a chance on losing it. (good for sellers, but not buyers) We don't have to worry about it though, it will never happen! Dammit :beer Did I mention I love this forum? Excuse me while I step outside and cut a few doughnuts on the old 250r BRB :D :D :D

I just came in from cutting it up!!!!!

prohemi500
12-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Ahhhh, I feel much better now! :Bounce Now where were we? Its very easy for me to feel like chris does, but I try not to let it get to me and just accept Ebay and its sellers for what it is. You will do good occasionally and sometimes it just sucks, especially if your still on dial up :naughty: