PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make liquor/wine/beer?

Aka_am
12-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Just wonder if anyone does lol.

I've made the shine before, and some peppermint shnapps I'm looking to learn pther recipes and such.

I really don't like the taste of beer, and the carbonation sucks. Wine, is ok though, only if it's white. I'm really into shnapps though, anyone ever have aftershock? I want to make a imitation of that soon.

If anyone esle makes liquor what is your starting alcohol? I use 8 dollar vodka and I can't tell the differance between more expensive brands after I'm done.

chris200x
12-11-2007, 06:31 AM
Yummmm,,, flavorless, orderless clear grain. :drool: tha't where its at bud! http://smilies.storagebin.us/smilies/willy_nilly_copy1.gif I have a freind that makes it out of corn every year for the holidays. he also makes that boilo stuff but I cannot stomach that stuff... escpecially warm.

Brapp makes some stuff the local airport runs their jets and other hi perforfmance planes off of. good stuff!:naughty:

300rman
12-11-2007, 04:17 PM
MMMM shine! good stuff for sure.

AFTERSHOCK ROCKS!
Goldshlager (or however its spelled) tastes almost the same.

super90
12-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Shine is the way to go.. Get started fermenting some grain mash and go from there. Then again if you dont have a good still forget about it. Pot stills were old school and only produce around 40% alcohol on the first run. Reflux stills are the way to go, but of course I dont do this since this is ILLEGAL. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and watch out for that methanol!

brapp
12-11-2007, 06:48 PM
back in the day we took the apple cider and ran that trough the still and that came out good. but then again we make soem wild blackberry/blueberry brandy but its alot of work.

The Goat
12-11-2007, 09:55 PM
blackberry wine, rose wine, and turning 8 dollar a gallon vodka into something amazing.

Tres Amigo
12-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Corn Mash ....... Hog chops, water, sugar.... stir...cook and enjoy!

prestonroxu
12-12-2007, 05:09 PM
1 cup hot cholate and 2 shots of tequila rose hits the spot when its cold

Tri-Z Pilot
12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Just wonder if anyone does lol.

I've made the shine before, and some peppermint shnapps I'm looking to learn pther recipes and such.

I really don't like the taste of beer, and the carbonation sucks. Wine, is ok though, only if it's white. I'm really into shnapps though, anyone ever have aftershock? I want to make a imitation of that soon.

If anyone esle makes liquor what is your starting alcohol? I use 8 dollar vodka and I can't tell the differance between more expensive brands after I'm done.

What do you do? Just run it through a couple of times?