PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Truck Guys

oldsking86
12-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Alright, just acquired a 1988 style GMC/Chevy Truck! Stoked because I know have a truck, and it's 4wd, the old man was going to sell it, but instead it was handed down to me :)

Needs some TLC which I'm working on, cosmetically mostly. Main question I have, I want to upgrade the grill to the 94-99 style because it uses the single light unlike the seperate low & high beam like mine. Has anybody done this conversion on these trucks?

Here's the grill
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140189519533&rd=1

Nick_R_23
12-12-2007, 02:34 AM
The conversion is fairly easy, its mostly just buying the right parts. You need a new grille, new fender extensions, new valence, new corner and turn lights, new headlights, and I think also a new wiring harness.

I almost did the conversion on mine, but I ended up liking the older style grille better, so I stayed stock. But if I ever did end up switching to the new style, Id keep the dual lights instead of the composite ones, I think they look better.

Oh, and WE NEED PICS!!!!!!! Xowner

-Nick :TrikesOwn

SYKO
12-12-2007, 09:23 AM
hey mike! just put a full phantom grill in with the euro single beam lights, it will be mucho brighter than you think and everything on the front will look hidden, very clean!! need to let me lay down some sick flames on that beast!! was it your dads big blue truck?

SYKO
12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
hey mike guess what I have!??!?! I grill!!! I will bring it to gabes house this weekend! free brotha!

oldsking86
12-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Yea it's my dads old truck, not his nice blue silverado but the GMC, I'll get some pics tomorrow or this weekend for sure on the truck.

If I sell the parts off I'll let ya know ;)

Really?!?!? Talk about a wicked xmas present! haha Got a pic of it alan?