PDA

View Full Version : Tire ?

jasenr
05-25-2003, 05:02 PM
What tires should I put on my 97 Magnum 425 2X4? It has GY 23X7-11 on the front and 24X11-10 on the back now. What would be a good tire set to replace the stock set? Thanks!

Wickedfinger
05-25-2003, 10:23 PM
.. its definitely not a 4x4 right?. 4by Polaris are tricky with tires because of the speed sensing hubs - You really need to stay near the stock height on both the front and rears keep the 4x4 working right. If its just a regular rear wheel drive, put what ever you want on there. A great all around choice for the rear would be a set of ALL-TRAKS or Dirt Devils, which are both available in 24". I would either just stick with another set of the stock directional pattern 23" Goodyear for the front or maybe go with some 489AT's. The 489AT's are also a great choice for the rear. Depending on what kind of riding you do (this really is the key question here), you might consider dropping down to 22" rears - you will improve your accelleration, maybe improve handling a little and drop a little weight. If you want to use 22", but not loose too much top end, go up a tooth on your countershaft sprocket.

jasenr
05-26-2003, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the advice! It is a 2X4. That or I am missing a lot of parts! ;)Yeah, I was wondering how critical getting the exact same size was as I have not been able to find the exact front size in anything other than the stock GY. I am mainly looking for ride height and ground clearance with this one as I use it to go places I probably shouldn't, but hey, it's used! :) Thanks again!