PDA

View Full Version : now officially engaged!

cody2
12-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, after a long day at the movies, then boston pizza i brought the lady home and proposed to her right in my living room. A bunch of her friends showed up to see, and thankfully she said yes. Shes moving in with me next Tuesday, its going to be a blast.

Shes all i ever could ask for. Shes beautiful, around 5'6 and quite slim, with bright blue eyes and a smile that could light up a room, with long straight brown hair and shes super fun. Im so happy! :lol:

Dirtcrasher
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Congratulations!! I had one of those too, then she became an evil money succking, beyatching monster.

I had her put to sleep and now spend all my money on ATC's :lol:

oldskool83
12-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Congratulations!! I had one of those too, then she became an evil money succking, beyatching monster.

I had her put to sleep and now spend all my money on ATC's :lol:

good luck...before you get married to spend an hour at a lawyer to see what a mess it is getting out of it. if you can survive that i think you may be fine.

i got engauged before:w00t: , also married:w00t: ...now i am getting divorced also.:wondering

prestonroxu
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
yea congradulations i was engauged one..... then we got married and im only 20 and we have been happly married for1yr 8mths now so gooood luck

atctim
12-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Marriage is what you make of it - make the best out of it. remember - it is not about giving 100%----------it's about giving 200% - you both have to give 100% all the time to make it work. If she is a good woman and you are a good man - all should be bliss! I am happily married - and have been for 4 months!

Erics350x
12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
I married my wife at 16, that was almost 12 years ago. I've always looked at it as theres no such thing as divorce.
There will be alot of horrible times but, you don't quit. You have to work to make a marriage work, it does'nt just all fall in place like in the movies.

I wish you both the best.

edog
12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
I have been married for 9 years.It has been very bad and very good.

It is what you make of it.It takes a lot of work,time,effort,compromises,sacrifice.

Just pray that you have the rite one cause people change.I am not trying to scare you.This is what it is.

And always remember this.....everything happens for a reason.

Dirtcrasher
12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
I have been married for 9 years.It has been very bad and very good.

It is what you make of it.It takes a lot of work,time,effort,compromises,sacrifice.

Just pray that you have the rite one cause people change.I am not trying to scare you.This is what it is.

And always remember this everything happens for a resaon.

That is a great way to put it. I look back now and I wouldn't get married to any girl younger than 30. I know it "CAN" work but girls do allot of growing up in there twenties and lots of them suddenly feel as if they are missing something that there friends are enjoying.

Anyhow, it does work plenty of times. I'd love to have someone to share my life with but I'm not gonna go looking for it either. If wish you both the very best!!

P.S. - If SHE tells you how big the ring should be, RUN RUN RUN..........

oldskool83
12-17-2007, 03:47 PM
edog i agree with you. people do change...just look at my wife. after i got married she did a 180. stay engaged for like 2 years...it cant hurt at all.

if you both work on it, it will work...if you work 100% like i did and your partner does not then its gonna be a train wreck. i am living proof its not always the guy...the ladies need to grow sometimes.

cody2
12-17-2007, 10:17 PM
haha no, she would only pick out cheap rings so i said eff it and got her a nice one. and my intentions are to be engaged for a while actually.

smokinwrench
12-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Arn't you the guy that made the big "I GOT DUMPED THREAD", on 11-02-2007? Maybe you should think about this for awhile. Maybe play house for a few months before tying the knot. The first 5 years of marriage are DAMN TUFF!

ProCarbine2k1
12-17-2007, 11:57 PM
I got engaged last April, and married this last September. There are some ups and downs, but when she got me a pressure washer for my bikes last Christmas, I knew she was the one :lol: :lol:!
She also talked me into buying my 84 200x, and rode with me to find/ pickup my 86. Ah true love...

prestonroxu
12-18-2007, 09:44 AM
another thing is i dont know if yall live together but that can say alot to... if yall dont then live with her for id say up till 2 years and if its all find and dandy then it should be ...but if she starts trying to become the man of the house even on little things then watch out...... and never give her your pay check even just to hold the money because she thinks something might happen to it

Banage
12-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Arn't you the guy that made the big "I GOT DUMPED THREAD", on 11-02-2007? Maybe you should think about this for awhile. Maybe play house for a few months before tying the knot. The first 5 years of marriage are DAMN TUFF!

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=75248

Same girl? if not, I know a couple that got married after a year of being together, and let me tell you, first hand, the fighting has started. good luck with that, and congrats, but get your feet wet before you dive right in.

And I have to ask, is she moving in with you because she loves you, or has no place to go and thats why she said yes? Im pulling for ya, we're all in this together

johnny's X
12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah is this the same girl. the one who didnt want to move away from her mom and dad.. I have been married for 6 years and like anything it has its ups and downs, mostly ups for us though. We now have 3 kids and I still have my tirkes whooo hooo.

brapp
12-18-2007, 05:32 PM
i feel sorry for ya brother if you ever need plac eot hid eth ebidy i could always use the filler fora jump or 2 lol

edog
12-18-2007, 05:43 PM
i feel sorry for ya brother if you ever need plac eot hid eth ebidy i could always use the filler fora jump or 2 lol

have another?:beer

cody2
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=75248

Same girl? if not, I know a couple that got married after a year of being together, and let me tell you, first hand, the fighting has started. good luck with that, and congrats, but get your feet wet before you dive right in.

And I have to ask, is she moving in with you because she loves you, or has no place to go and thats why she said yes? Im pulling for ya, we're all in this together

I thought though that one a lot. And to be honest i felt it was right or i wouldn't be making this decision. We did have problems in the past, but telling a girl your humping her sister and stuff isn't the best. But if i didn't think it was right I wouldn't make this decision.

You guys are giving a lot of great advice right now, but 4 years of dating you know someone very good. Not to mention we dated a long time ago when we were 14, but i dumped her. I lost my virginity to her back in the day, she hasnt been on guys since! haha :beer But no, she has a place to live and stuff, so its not easy for her to get up and leave, so she must want to. To abandon an apartment like that, means a lot. Some of your guys comments cracked me up though.

Thanks for the good advice, im really excited that things are going to work out though.

Dirtcrasher
12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Being as young as you are, your chances of success are about 20%. Just enjoy it, and don't buy anything of value, hit the lottery or knock her chit up.

edog
12-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Here is some advice I left out..........

Every thing you own sell it to your best friend for a penny before you get married.:D

smokinwrench
12-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I lost my virginity to her back in the day, she hasnt been on guys since!

So are you saying she has been with other women the entire time? If so your relationship could be dang fun!!!!!!!!!!

Brockey
12-19-2007, 01:41 AM
I gave my woman a promise ring about 7 years ago and said " I promise to love you, but never to marry you". Also when my woman talks wedding dates, I say Feb 31. She fell for it the first time. I've been living with mine for years. Its been hell and heaven....

oldskool83
12-19-2007, 08:42 AM
take your time and live with her awhile...i like edogs advice or you could do like i did and not buy a damn thing after you got married...this way you dont have to give anything back if it fails. make sure she is not using you to try and get your money...i think my soon to be x-wife and her monther did just that and they aint getting my house.

400exguy
12-19-2007, 05:08 PM
I disagree with RID3R saying that you dont make love work...I agree to a point that you cant make love work but you have to make your relationship work. Relationships take lots of time and often sacrifices. I recently also got engaged (after been with the girl for 3 years). We love each other to death and I consider her my best friend. She and I spend lots of time together but we have noticed through others mariages and stuff that time apart is really good as well. We have matural friends but still keep some things seperate. No matter how much you love someone you still have to be yourself as well as a couple. Your going to be with the person for the rest of your life (hopefully) so what hurts spending time on the stuff you like. However, there are times you wanna do something and you cant because the other half has something more important they would want you to do. I dont know that all is just my .02 cents.

cody2
12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I disagree with RID3R saying that you dont make love work...I agree to a point that you cant make love work but you have to make your relationship work. Relationships take lots of time and often sacrifices. I recently also got engaged (after been with the girl for 3 years). We love each other to death and I consider her my best friend. She and I spend lots of time together but we have noticed through others mariages and stuff that time apart is really good as well. We have matural friends but still keep some things seperate. No matter how much you love someone you still have to be yourself as well as a couple. Your going to be with the person for the rest of your life (hopefully) so what hurts spending time on the stuff you like. However, there are times you wanna do something and you cant because the other half has something more important they would want you to do. I dont know that all is just my .02 cents.

Both of you made good points. But heres my .02 cents here. If you treat someone like dirt, or just don't care chances are your going to get dumped, there is some effort in the way of love that needs to be taken place, but then again its similar to friendship. If you want to be treated with respect then you have to treat someone else with respect, you get what you give and if you frig it all up it could come back to stab you in the @$$. Such as 'Hey, guess what.. ive been banging your sister all weekend!' - Me in a drunken stupor. She fell for it and told me to get out, too bad her sister wasn't even in town, which she later realized and accepted me back with sincere apologies. l

edog
12-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Got any pics of these hotties?:D :shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes:

cody2
12-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Actually at the moment i dont. But i do intend to take one sooner or later. Ill post one up if she doesn't mind.

oldskool83
12-20-2007, 04:09 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/fzrrkid/worthless.gif

TECATEMATT
12-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Congrats man good luck! isnt all bad my parents have been married i think more then 25 years they yell and scream but they still love each other.

cody2
12-22-2007, 11:50 AM
My great grandparents lasted 65 years before my great grandmother died this week, its all about how you treat each other.

Dirtcrasher
12-22-2007, 07:54 PM
My great grandparents lasted 65 years before my great grandmother died this week, its all about how you treat each other.

Hey bud, I'm so very sorry to hear about your great grandmother. I hope your family is spending allot of time with him. I just can't imagine it...

Lets be real, allot of us don't think about death. Can any of you honestly imagine losing someone you have loved for years and years? And at that age?

I mean what do you have at that age other than a spouse and people that love you? Someone to talk to, someone to wake up with....

Engagements and marriage are great, but great grandparents and grandparents aren't what they use to be. You won't see much of that anymore....

People are allot different now-a-days, and NOT for the better.............

Mr.Jake
12-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Congrats on the fiance, and sorry about your great grandmother. Id spend as much time with your great Grandfather as possible, take him for lunch and stuff.

On a different topic,
Since i joined this forum i always had this picture of all you guys being badass hardcore people ridin trikes and wrenchin away, don't know why, then i read this topic and everyones gettin sincere about love and what its all about. Just thought it was funny. I've had my girlfriend for 2 and a half years now, and have not even thought about getting married. I don't plan on getting married for a long, long time, with the divorse rate and all, i think it takes alot of time being with a person to really know if you love them or not, and theres more and more divorses becasue what people "thought" was love really wasn't