PDA

View Full Version : What To Race ? ? ? 250R - Up date 01/03/08 Race Finished

ceaserthethird
12-21-2007, 02:33 PM
This is going to be my First - HangOver Scramble Race

here's a link to the Track with Pictures www.washougalmxpk.com

My Biggest Question is - There are Large Jumps and I'm Not a Pro at Jumps ( the most air i ever Caught 3 feet :eek: )

Some What Tips Can you guy's Give me so i don't make a FOOL of my Self ? ? ?

Jumping , Landing , Ride Next to quads EXT ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UP-Date 01/03/08

I finshed 80th place out of 108 Sport Quad's .... :TrikesOwn

I got to Ride 2 days in a row just 1 slow lap 8 miles long each day before the event since i was helping set up ;) ( only thing i didn't get to ride was the MX Track which was my biggest problem )

Their were lot's of crashes , pile up's , broken axle's / rims ect ...

I did awesome on the deep mud & ruff trail / steep rocky hill's :naughty: - i sucked on the MX Track and Grass Field :cry:

i completed 3 lap's total of 24 miles hauling ass !

on the first lap i was hauling till i got to the MX Track and took few jumps slow - No air than came a big Jump so i Pinned it in 2nd to get a nice lifted ... well when i landed my front tire hit first ( big No No ) left hand sliped and barley hanged on with my left hand after i o most fell i decided i would go slow on the MX Track :cry:

But it was a blast , Pictures will be up soon & Video ....

You guy's missed out Big Time !

The Hole Crowd was Cheering me On :Bounce

Best fun i have had on 3 wheel's yet

We got 2 events coming again 2008 Poker Run & Hang Over Scramble 01/01/2009 Who's in ?

( I finally got to up-load these couple pictures )

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/ceaserthethird/Race1-1.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/ceaserthethird/race2-1.jpg

Dirtcrasher
12-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Are you *Do Not Type Around The Word FILTER* kidding me? They are gonna let you ride an ATC at Washougal!!

That is incredible!! What a chance to show off, DO NOT CRASH!!

I'd ride the X unless you are a real good rider that can launch that R into the sky. There have to be some huge jumps out there that the X can't do like an R can, but only if you have no fear of 4th gear pinned....

Please don't crash, please, please.....

Awesome job on convincing them, dam 4 wheelers are just as bad!!

How the heck did you pull this off anyhow? What a chance to turn some heads. Every member that is near there ought to show up with 3WW t shirts!!

EDIT - as far as tips? The quads are gonna laugh at you, some guys will respect you but others will be out for blood. Is there an amateur class? Be careful, don't roll the jumps and stay in the center cuz someone will land on you, I'd sty off to the side. Those 450's are gonna eat you up on the X but you could get hurt bad on the R if you aren't comfy with riding a two stroke WOT.

Can any of our other members sign up? Maybe some of our "crazier" members that are launch happy!! I would DIE for this chance, that track is awesome!!

BigTBones
12-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Wait what?!?!?! They said they will let us ride at Washougal?? I might just have to make a trip up there! Honestly there are some nasty jumps up there! I would take the R. Yea i think the 350x would do just fine but i think the R would do better. Just my opinion!

factoryX
12-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I wish my Z was riding...

ceaserthethird
12-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Dude I'm Fearless but with Caution ... I'm Just Scared Of having the 250R Pinned

and Hitting a huge Jump ... Next thing you Know I'm 50-70 Feet in the Air !

Guy's What the Best Way To land a Huge Jump ? ? ?

I need some Huge Tips from the Pro's - and some Pictures !

Tryzeedudeman
12-21-2007, 05:43 PM
If i were to jump a big jump on a 3 wheeler i would want to land on the landing ramp at the same angle as the landing ramp. Make some practice runs and figure out the speed you need to clear the gap and go for it, or not. Hopefully you can get in a class where all the fourwheelers aren't even makin the jumps. Good luck, practice practice practice!

Billy Golightly
12-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Uhhh dude, if you arent familiar with jumping and hitting huge stuff don't even think about hitting the big stuff or your going to destroy yourself and the trike both. Just take it easy, it sounds like its a harescramble and not an MX race so I doubt people will be jumping all the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* anyways.

Moved to the racing forum, BTW lucky effer going to Washougal!

Bryan Raffa
12-21-2007, 11:00 PM
your gonna kill yourself .. them heavy 350x's land Hard! and thats usally when the frame brakes on them ...

better off with the 250 it was built for it!

both bikes would be good for a harescramble,,I would try to stay away from MXing the 350..and if you do start lifting weights and get them arms in shape:)

evand
12-21-2007, 11:16 PM
awsome! that track looks nasty, wish i was closer i would bring the Z. But i would bring the R, just like stated before, it hard enougt whippin a trike around on a track never mind a heavy X, dont get me wrong there awsome, but the r is a built racer...

300rman
12-22-2007, 02:33 AM
i would go with the r. its a racer.
AND YES, DONT HIT A JUMP AT 4TH PINNED.
work your way up to that. and be careful. get used to the track, and the best way to jump is hit the throttle right before takeoff. it gets you a little higher up there.
best way to land, is on the wheels, parallell with the ground.

after you practice, practice, practice, you should have no problem winning races with the R, they handle WAY better then any quad. IF you know HOW to ride the dang thing.

Kintore
12-22-2007, 02:14 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Thats an awesome track!

tecat-z
12-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I would be happy with just the chance to ride a 3wheeler there. Take it easy and you'll finish the race. Ride over your head, and risk getting badly hurt, giving more people a chance to point out the dangers of trikes, and never having a trike allowed near that place again. You'll never beat young guys on quads so don't even worry about it. Finish in one piece, no matter what place you finish, and respect will be given, and you will be remembered in a positive way. Fun is why we ride trikes in the first place. Be careful, and the opportunity may be there for you to do it again next year. I'd be sportin' the R by the way.

cr480r
12-23-2007, 12:01 AM
This may be your only chance to ever ride a trike on a track like that:w00t: ... So how could you even consider riding anything besides the R?:wondering

Derrick Adams
12-23-2007, 10:23 AM
I would be happy with just the chance to ride a 3wheeler there. Take it easy and you'll finish the race. Ride over your head, and risk getting badly hurt, giving more people a chance to point out the dangers of trikes, and never having a trike allowed near that place again. You'll never beat young guys on quads so don't even worry about it. Finish in one piece, no matter what place you finish, and respect will be given, and you will be remembered in a positive way. Fun is why we ride trikes in the first place. Be careful, and the opportunity may be there for you to do it again next year. I'd be sportin' the R by the way.

This is exactly my feelings on it. Doubtful there will be any major jumps in a harescramble, but if there are, just roll them until you feel comfortable. "Those who race in a responsible way live to race another day".

Brockey
12-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Take the R. So when you feel good about the track you can let it rip and give them a little show. But me on the other hand, I would possible be leaving in a ambulance. I have this morals and pride problem. Me morals tells me not to do it and me pride walks all over me morals and lookout. No take it easy on the jumps. Good luck.

OZQUAD44
01-02-2008, 10:26 PM
This is exactly my feelings on it. Doubtful there will be any major jumps in a harescramble, but if there are, just roll them until you feel comfortable. "Those who race in a responsible way live to race another day".

I aggree, race with your head screwed on. Even if you finish last it will be better than bailing off infront of the crowd.

Don't let the occasion get to you. You obviously know how to ride otherwise you wouldn't be giving it a go. Ride within your abilities, don't pull stuff off in a race that you have never tried before.

I would suggest practice on the track prior to racing if at all possible.

You will find that there are riders of all different levels of ability out there and if you ride up to your own abilities you may even find yourself going better than you expect. This will only happen if you ride your own race. As I said at the start, don't let the occasion overwhelm you.

Lastly... Have fun.

ceaserthethird
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
My Hole body is still sore ! ! !

I maid a mistake by taking the 250R , I think i would have done better with the 350X

OZQUAD44
01-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Well done, good to see you didn't come last or DNF. 80th from 108 is good for a first time, especiall considering you where the only three wheeler.

Hey you even took out first in class.

I bet the the guys who came 81st onwards were scratching their heads.

SpeedyTide
01-08-2008, 12:02 AM
AWESOME!!! CONGRATS on just getting out there and representin'!!

Pull up my post for my Iron Man Race @ Durhamtown Plantation. Only 3 wheeler there...back in March of '07!

Heck....here it is! http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=68151

ceaserthethird
08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
I finally got pictures up !