PDA

View Full Version : Generic Atv

ATCGENIUS
12-21-2007, 07:38 PM
This is the Generic Urano atv, it looks cool and has a 275cc 2 stroke motor pushing it. Check out my news page and see what you think. I just loaded the news page with new pics and info, look the whole page over and post back what you think about the Generic Urano. Click the link below.

http://powersportslife.com/POWERSPORTS_NEWS.php

Chillyboarder
12-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Never heard of generic but could be my amateurism. Looks like some cheap ass chinese or russian wanabe. Please correct me if I'm wrong though

SYKO
12-21-2007, 08:40 PM
got some cool stuf in there!

ATCGENIUS
12-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Everyone has a opinion about bikes and that is cool. The quad isn't a chinese knock off. I was just sharing and broadening everyones knowledge of bikes and quads that are out there. I had a feeling that not many people knew about the quad and just wanted to share the knowledge. Sykolincoln, thank you for the compliment on my news page, I am glad you liked it! Knowledge is power and here is some info for who ever wants to read and learn more about Generic and all the products. Click the link below. Generic was founded in 2004 in Austria.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.genericeurope.com/__de__/_urano_/index.php&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DGENERIC%2BURANO%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Eric250R
12-22-2007, 03:43 AM
I personally think it looks awesome, much different than most of the Japanese stuff. Not that I'm complaining about the japanese bikes.

The Goat
12-22-2007, 04:19 AM
looks good...but it weighs over 600 pounds. and they must have the engine extremely detuned...cause it's only pushing out 17hp.

not to knock it, but it has a 3rd of the horsepower of a grizzly, and weighs 50 pounds more.

the looks are lightyears ahead of every other main company though. and their use of billet aluminum for a lot of parts is smart. but that frame has to be solid to get the weight that high. damn.

edit: is it four-stroke or two...because the site you gave says four...but every other site says two. also...i just realized it looks a lot like the quad from the halo 3 commercial.

ATCGENIUS
12-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Goat, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I posted a lot of bikes and quads to my site last night and I got my numbers jumbled. It is suppose to say 2 stroke and I will fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for the help and yeah you are right it is heavy due to build quality, but I have to believe that 17hp is wrong. I know that is what it says, but you are right it wouldn't hardly pull itself.

The Goat
12-22-2007, 06:17 AM
well it also says it has good torque. very good torque...so idk. i was actually talking about your translation site...your information is i believe correct because it says two stroke.

i mean...it's possible, with the right gearing. look at the 300 honda. built like a tank, little horsepower or torque, but the gearing on that thing was perfect.

if that bike only has a topspeed of say 35 or 40, it can probably pull fairly well.

Lomax
12-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Its surely a different looking machine thats for sure. Seems like I might have heard the name before though. I seen you mention the China ATV's in a previous post. I have to agree that it makes it so hard for any other ATV manufatures that build a quality machine to get out there. I am a KYMCO dealer and I bet I answer the question or hear Who makes it?, I never heard of that., or some kind of insult to the machine.
-Will

pickleweasel_00
01-03-2008, 10:59 PM
that allwheel drive kit on the page you linked to might be fun if adapted to something with three wheels...