PDA

View Full Version : polaris 250 Trailboss oil injection

yamaha125trimoto
12-22-2007, 06:17 PM
this bike will not idle no matter how i adjust the carb and cable brand new oem airbox and filter carb clean new spark plug theres delayed throttle responce and sometimes bogs down when you let off the gas for a second and gas it again like its getting flooded what does it sound like is wrong ??

fist of all how can i tell if the oil injection is working and second how do i adjust it

thanks

sean

TravEX
12-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Does it smoke any? If the oil injector is not working, you will over heat and damage the engine quickly. Adjustments are best done by a Polaris mechanic.

225DX DUDE
12-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Does it smoke any?

Isnt it a two stroke? My 97 Trailboss 250 is.

MTS
12-23-2007, 12:01 AM
You have the Slide needle and the airl screw set properly? Should be middle notch on the E clip, 1.5-2 turns on the air screw, to set the oil pump up, theres 2 lines on the acuator arm of the pump, that the cable hooks too, there will be a line on the pump itself too, the 2 lines are for full open, and close, adjust the cable till they line up, Make sure theres some freeplay in the throttle cable too, not much, make sure the spring on the arm isnt broken either, that will cause it to run full open,,,and load the motor up (possibly why it wont idle)

TravEX
12-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Isnt it a two stroke? My 97 Trailboss 250 is.

I know that, that's what I meant. He wants to know if his oil injector is working, if it wasn't, would it smoke? No.