PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy...Here comes a fight...

MyMistress86R
12-27-2007, 11:56 AM
http://jalopnik.com/cars/knight-rider/its-official-knight-riders-kitt-is-a-shelby-gt500kr-mustang-333022.php

ATC-Eric
12-27-2007, 12:00 PM
That things hideous...........

They shouldnt have messed with it that much.

Otherwise, Im interested to see where the series goes.

SWIGIN
12-27-2007, 05:03 PM
GM had money in the 80s show, trying to push the new style fire bird, camero

makes sence to me that it be a shelby since the mustang is still going strong

edog
12-27-2007, 05:06 PM
What a pile.lol

Russell 350X
12-27-2007, 05:19 PM
What a pile.lol

My thoughts exactly :p

Mobular
12-27-2007, 05:37 PM
And what's with the ultra-gay wings and wheels???

SWIGIN
12-27-2007, 06:17 PM
dont forget..... kitt was worse then that the last season or so

Tri-ZNate
12-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Hate the Rims, the rest of the car is AWESOME

pickleweasel_00
12-27-2007, 06:52 PM
They could have at least put a less gay spoiler on it :wondering

Erics350x
12-27-2007, 07:41 PM
i think it looks pretty tuff

The Goat
12-27-2007, 08:03 PM
one thing i really don't understand about that shelby, it has 540hp...but it can't put it to the road. we raced against one the other night out the tracks in erwinville, not a shelby, but a built SC mustang. my friend has an eclipse with an evo 8 engine in it, running 12psi. he just put a new FPR on it and some new injectors, and had a rough tune. we both ran him, and we both ate him alive.

i just don't understand the point of 540hp when you can't put any of it to the road. now topend...good god, killed us leaving. the eclipse cuts out at 155, this guy just kept on rolling.

ps...gay wing.

burnoutboy
12-28-2007, 06:26 AM
is hasslehof still in it?

SWIGIN
12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
one thing i really don't understand about that shelby, it has 540hp...but it can't put it to the road. we raced against one the other night out the tracks in erwinville, not a shelby, but a built SC mustang. my friend has an eclipse with an evo 8 engine in it, running 12psi. he just put a new FPR on it and some new injectors, and had a rough tune. we both ran him, and we both ate him alive.

i just don't understand the point of 540hp when you can't put any of it to the road. now topend...good god, killed us leaving. the eclipse cuts out at 155, this guy just kept on rolling.

ps...gay wing.

the car you raced is just a gt with a shelby decal kit.... the motors are basicly stock ( closer to 300hp)

just like most raucsh mustangs you see, most are stage 1 wich is just decals and maybe mufflers and a cold air intake (close to the stock 300hp)

oldsking86
12-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I think they should have used a wicked nice WS6 supercharged with all the goodies :) A ford.... ehhh

Black86tri-z
12-28-2007, 04:27 PM
if gm still made a shitttt box fireturd i would imagine they would use it but you live then learn then buy a ford, ps who said mustangs dont hook it's all in the driver

The Goat
12-28-2007, 05:38 PM
the car you raced is just a gt with a shelby decal kit.... the motors are basicly stock ( closer to 300hp)

just like most raucsh mustangs you see, most are stage 1 wich is just decals and maybe mufflers and a cold air intake (close to the stock 300hp)

this wasn't a shelby, it was just a raucsh, however, it was supercharged as i've said, and i think the peak was 12psi. even still, that further proves my point though, if you can't even put even 300hp to the pavement properly, what's the point of going more?

Black86tri-z
12-28-2007, 07:51 PM
whats the point in building a gay import car no matter how fast it is your still in a gay import he was probably a crappy driver people don't understand with rear wheel drive cars that you need to put the car on the back tire then drive it not just dump the clutch and hope it hooks

Dammit!
12-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Every Eclipse sold in the US in the last ten years was built in Illinois. They're probably more american than most "american" cars these days. Like my Chevy S10 that every damn part I took off the thing had Made In Mexico stamped on it.

oldsking86
12-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Haha it's not the traction that we make fun of about fords.. it's just they are slower and not as good as a GM :) Trust me, we've done enough test me and my pops with our cars vs stangs, imports, and domestics

Back to Kiit.. I still think a WS6 should have been used.. It's like changing the Bandits trans am with a mopar... can't do that! it's History dammit haha

ATC-Eric
12-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Haha it's not the traction that we make fun of about fords.. it's just they are slower and not as good as a GM :) Trust me, we've done enough test me and my pops with our cars vs stangs, imports, and domestics

Back to Kiit.. I still think a WS6 should have been used.. It's like changing the Bandits trans am with a mopar... can't do that! it's History dammit haha

I agree with you, more so because I like a nice WS6.

I dont have to much good to say about the supercharged newer Mustangs.

Ford seems to need forced induction to get big HP numbers now-a-days.

Nothing wrong with forced induction, Im just a fan of seeing big numbers from a natrually aspirated engine. :Bounce

WLL
12-29-2007, 12:22 AM
And what's with the ultra-gay wings and wheels???EAZY BRO THEM SHITZ ADD 20HP.HA HAH HA:wondering

Erics350x
12-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Every Eclipse sold in the US in the last ten years was built in Illinois. They're probably more american than most "american" cars these days. Like my Chevy S10 that every damn part I took off the thing had Made In Mexico stamped on it.

Don't confuse assembled with manufactured. Eclipse is still Jap. engineered. Chevy on the other hand just has Mexico building crap for em for the cheaper metal and labor rates. Im not saying i like one over the other though.

Dammit!
12-29-2007, 01:08 AM
I know who engineered it. I'd rather have a car designed by the Japanese and built by Americans than a car designed by Americans and built by Mexicans (or anybody else) if I had my choice. And not for any anti-mexican reasons. Just for supporting American worker reasons. I don't care about the corporate pricks that get rich designing the stuff. Be they American, Japanese, German, they can all bite me. :lol: I think buying American "built" is more important than buying American "designed". Hell there's no such thing as a completely American made car anymore anyway.

My old Jap engineered and American built '97 Eclipse was the best running car I've ever had (which is sad considering I bought it with 60,000 miles on it and have since bought two brand new trucks and the Eclipse was more solid than either of them).

The Goat
12-30-2007, 01:04 AM
whats the point in building a gay import car no matter how fast it is your still in a gay import he was probably a crappy driver people don't understand with rear wheel drive cars that you need to put the car on the back tire then drive it not just dump the clutch and hope it hooks

making a fast import, is a lot like making a fast trike. it takes less money, it weighs less, it's more maneuverable, and the look on the guys face when he's in a new vette and just gets destroyed from a stop is priceless. build something that runs in the high 10s low 11s...then call me. YAMAHONDAMAN Idiot

storm_impulse
12-30-2007, 01:15 AM
i have seen imports tear up muscle cars asses. hatch back civics with 400hp 4 banger motors running 20lbs of boost. dont get me wrong muscle cars are bad ass but its all about power to weight ratio.

ChrisD
12-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Ford probably put some cash into this one.

Should have used a Z06 or at least a GTO.

Bryan Raffa
12-30-2007, 10:17 AM
i have seen imports tear up muscle cars asses. hatch back civics with 400hp 4 banger motors running 20lbs of boost. dont get me wrong muscle cars are bad ass but its all about power to weight ratio.

I would rather lose in a race .. than have it NOT say CHEVY on it:D

storm_impulse
12-30-2007, 12:07 PM
I would rather lose in a race .. than have it NOT say CHEVY on it:D

i couldnt agree with you more. my lil import geo has a chevy bow tie right in the middle of the emblem but yet it was made by isuzu. talk about american/ import all in one. i notice they have been doing that to alot of cars. the new chargers, if you look on the block and some of the other motor parts, you will find there is more made in japan then in the US. i hope mopar ddnt go japenneese (spelling)

J.D.
12-30-2007, 01:05 PM
making a fast import, is a lot like making a fast trike. it takes less money, it weighs less, it's more maneuverable, and the look on the guys face when he's in a new vette and just gets destroyed from a stop is priceless. build something that runs in the high 10s low 11s...then call me. YAMAHONDAMAN Idiot

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. It wouldn't be extremely hard to make my Mustang(87 GT 5 speed) run 11's. They took a stock powerwise(225HP/300TQ) LX -same era as mine-with an AOD, put 3.73 gears, shift kit, and sticky tires on it down to low 13's. Add some power, say, another 150 or so horsepower(stock port heads, Cam,intake)....I'm sure it would be well into twelves...hook you up a little juice, there's 11's.

Black86tri-z
12-31-2007, 02:42 AM
seeing i build mustang race cars for a living you just look like a jackazz:welcome: that's my full time job buddy:lol: talk to me when you drive 9,10 sec street cars every day:lol: :lol: let alone work a dyno tuning cars that make 500+,and pretty much running the biz,and for your 411 i have a high 9 sec stang natrally aspirated stick car that's about 80-85% done,and pics to prove it:w00t: ,so keep watching fast and furious it'll b ok:lol: :lol: :lol:
ps to alll the people saying f body cars are nice,give me a break look nice some but what crap boxs those cars 85-2002 require so much maintaince its entertaining not to mention there wicked rattle traps and they sound horrible, they do lay good burners but there soooo problematic

The Goat
12-31-2007, 05:30 AM
lol. it's cool man, didn't mean to flame too much or insult. sorry for jacking the thread.

as for fast and the furious...other than laughing at how stupid it is, no one ever has a reason to watch that. i'm in louisiana, i doubt i could find a ricer if i tried. :lol:

as for a pic or two

this is a 95 gst shell...thankfully those ugly ass rims aren't on it anymore.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/roundheya/l_6d1314052f5c56ef1a07099852d83946.jpg

some people may be able to spot what does and does not belong.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/roundheya/l_b2cc0d3ed82457a81e39a9354d0d0a3c.jpg
it has more torque than it has HP...you don't see that much on a jap car.

storm_impulse
12-31-2007, 09:22 AM
im not sure if this is war between muscle and import now, but to me tuning/modding is when you take a vehical that has no absolute aftermarket supports and you make it fast by making custom parts. having a vehical that has many aftermarket parts is just cheating in my eyes, and most of the time the parts are cheaper. for example, civics, a integra b-series turbo exhaust manifold costs the cheapest on ebay is 120 bucks. the CUSTOM turbo exhaust manifold for my suzi from turbonotic costed 675 bucks not counting 500 bucks in forged pistons and 400 for a haltech ecu. i have seen boosted talons, civics, eclipses that all costed under 1000 to turbocharge. i guess this same thing applys to trikes that have less of aftermarket support then others.

storm_impulse
12-31-2007, 09:28 AM
lol. it's cool man, didn't mean to flame too much or insult. sorry for jacking the thread.

as for fast and the furious...other than laughing at how stupid it is, no one ever has a reason to watch that. i'm in louisiana, i doubt i could find a ricer if i tried. :lol:

as for a pic or two

this is a 95 gst shell...thankfully those ugly ass rims aren't on it anymore.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/roundheya/l_6d1314052f5c56ef1a07099852d83946.jpg

some people may be able to spot what does and does not belong.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/roundheya/l_b2cc0d3ed82457a81e39a9354d0d0a3c.jpg
it has more torque than it has HP...you don't see that much on a jap car.

nice ride but there is 1 thing that doesnt belong. the timing belt c0ver. hasnt anyone told you its manlier to show off those dual cams. i bet you 20 bucks there not adjustable cams;)

Black86tri-z
12-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Having a 12 second jap car is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay."

storm_impulse
12-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Having a 12 second jap car is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay."

dude, where did you get that sayin? i think i have heard that befor. im going to dissagree. i think muscle car guys are just mad that there car dont get as good gas milage. it takes them 2 four bangers to move there ride. not to jump off track or anything but what about 6 bangers? muscle car guys are always mad about getting there arse kicked by a 4 banger guys but what about the 6 cylinder? its 2 short of a V8. oh ya what about the skyline? its considered japans muscle car?

The Goat
12-31-2007, 06:38 PM

lol...i like that.

but look at it this way, at least we're not getting bent over as much at the gas pump. lol.

i won't lie...my favorite car is the 60s lincoln with the suicide doors...such a beauty. but it would take more money than God to make that one fast.