PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off

greenhuman
12-31-2007, 12:49 AM
Hi
Does anyone live in or near Hudson, Florida?
I paid $925 for a YFZ450 motor off a guy there a few months ago through YFZCentral.com and he never sent it. Paypal won't do anything about it and his ex-wife says she can't repay me.
Would the local Police there do anything for me? Someone mentioned mail fraud?
It is hard for me to do anything from Australia.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Brockey
12-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Oh man that suxs. I cant help ya or give ya much advice. Thats blows. Go on a holiday to say ......Hudson and pay him a visit. I hope it works out for ya.

Nick_R_23
12-31-2007, 01:07 AM
Im interested in what you could do also...I bought a 70's dt400 motor, seat, etc off ebay from the same guy, he had great communication, and I paid him the same day I sent him an offer, he emailed back saying he'd ship it the next day. Some time passes and he still hasnt shipped it, his excuse was he spent the shipping money and he was getting paid in a week. After that he wouldnt answer any phone #'s, email, paypal was useless, but I didnt know what else I could do?

-Nick :TrikesOwn

SYKO
12-31-2007, 01:15 AM
hey green check here www.atvflorida.com maybe someone there can help you out, if I was down there in that area I would more then do my best to help you

storm_impulse
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
same here man. if i lived down there id beat down his F'ing door and get your motor and that other esse's parts. people that stop other people from riding cause of this shiot need the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* beat outta em. its unfair and dishonest. if you sent the money via paypal then there just telling you a big line so they can go home early. i had this happen befor and untill i told paypal that this would go to court they refunded my cash. paypal states that any transaction through paypal is secure and is refundable. if that guy didnt give paypal a tracking number or something to verify that it was shipped out then they have to refund the money appon request..

ATC-Eric
12-31-2007, 10:31 AM
What did paypal say to you?

You shouldnt have this problem unless it was to long ago........

Sorry to hear.

greenhuman
12-31-2007, 10:55 AM
I think it is too late for a Paypal refund. The motor was coming over here in a container. I did not know it was not sent till the container arrived which takes 5-6 weeks. By the time everything clears etc, the 45day Paypal limit for refund deadline comes and goes. I contact this fleabag and he says he will track it down thru the Post Office then he dissapears. I do have his wifes address. The Paypal account is in her name so I say she is responsible now. She gave me a sob story about being poor but who isn't? I do know they got my $925.

ProCarbine2k1
12-31-2007, 08:36 PM
That makes me sick man. Im on central too under ProCarbine2k1. Ive only dealt on there a couple times, its just WAAAAAAAAY to easy to get burned there for some reason. Whats this guys forum name? Let Alterego know if you havent already.
I know that this isnt the best idea, but I would find someone on central that lives close to that guy, and track him down. Offer up a reward or something, you may just luck out and find someone to inspire the guy to send out your motor.

Dirtcrasher
12-31-2007, 11:18 PM
PAYPAL is not our friend.... But you guys gotta realize that you have only a short time to file with PAYSUK. IT is a bit longer than 30 days to my knowledge because I had a problem and I did get a refund! Even if you are in a foreign country, I would inform the seller that unless I have a tracking number that references the appx weight and my address from his, I'm filing a claim. I don't think they are gonna help you much at all. There are a few sites dedicated to ANTI - PAYPAL. Unfortunately, like everywhere, it's hard to get a real person @ PAYPAL that you can talk to.

Good luck though, that is an awful lot of money. A US friend can only knock on there door. DAM, you being in another country makes this so much worse, I feel for ya!! Thats allot of coin, I think I would forward everything to his local police department and yours, what else can you do?

How can people steal from an individual like that????????

EDIT - Did they have feedback? What the heck happened? He'd "contact the P.O."?? Where is the shipping proof? You guys overseas should INSIST on tracking, or delivery confirmation!! It's just not right and I'm certain they know how hard it is for you to pursue this crap and how easy it is for them to take advantage of you...... Sorry bud, Happy New Year and I'm sure you'll be wiser next time.

I save EVERY receipt!! even 10$- I don't want to hear it, but almost 1000$?? He is full of it.....He should have INSISTED on insurance and you guys overseas should also. Maybe you have "better" quality people in other places, but they aren't easy to find in the US......