PDA

View Full Version : New Years Bachelor Buffalo Chix Fajita/Quesadilla...

Dirtcrasher
12-31-2007, 10:22 PM
OK, yes I know, this isn't a cooking forum - LOL!! But I thought I'd share with you my favorite dish.

I'm presently single and it's too dangerous to be going out. Can't even pass a B-Test after 2 beers. So, I'm just chillin at home and makin some food for a bit later......

I "invented" Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas a long time bofore anyone else did :D There are many variations that I make but I like this one.

One Boneless chicken breast basted in Red Hot sauce modified (below)
Red onion rings. (don't like onions? screw em...)
Monterey Jack cheese - I like to hand shred it fresh. (anything works)
Crumbled Feta cheese.
Apple wood smoked Bacon pieces. (don't want the fat? scratch it)
2 - Fajita/quesadilla rounds flats (awesome with pizza dough!!)

Chicken - Obviously grilled chicken is BEST (but easily overcooked and dry) - but if you guys have never broiled your chicken give this a shot!! The chicken comes out so juicy it's crazy, a dry rub (like montreal or southwest spice) works awesome with the broiler. About 8" from the broiler - Broil it 8 minutes 1st side and about 7 minutes the second side is near perfect for 1" thick Purdue breasts (trim fat etc ahead of time). Varies from oven to oven and from the size of chicken you have.

- You just need a rack that gets sprayed with PAM and a pan underneath covered with alum foil so there is nearly no cleanup.

Buffalo Sauce - I'm hoping some of you guys have a "secret sauce"!! PLEASE LIST IT!!!! But I like the plain old Red Hot with a bit of vinegar and marg/butter and a touch of water to tone it down to suit your taste. If you dink around with it, it's better that the stuff already toned down (too much) for buffalo wings.

So basically you cook the chicken, put some sauce on each half of the queadillas, add cheese's, bacon, onions and the chicken. Too much chicken or too much sauce ruins it - don't go OVERBOARD!!

I cook the sand-which type concoction at 350 for about 10 minutes or so (just to melt the cheese) on a sheet of HD foil with pam on it. Then to get that thing crunchy you have to broil both sides!! About 1 or 2 minutes a side will brown it up a bit, but you half to set the timer or watch it. Anyhow, you have to flip it about 3 times to get it crusty enough to eat like pizza. That first side you broil gets soggy when the other side is done, thats why I do the extra flip.

USE A TIMER when broiling or you'll forget - were all stupid...

When you flip the quesadilla to broil it, use a plate or you'll trash it on the floor. Been there done that!!

Anyhow, Happy New Year and I hope someone gets to try this sometime. It's some good CHIT!!!!!!!

Bryan Raffa
01-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Good Deal! atleast I know Ya didnt starve last night..that looked good..:)