PDA

View Full Version : Which One To Buy???

Coty
05-27-2003, 12:04 AM
i will be in the market soon to get my first brand new quad, and i am just wondering about these 3 specific ones......

04 Honda 400ex
04 Yamaha Raptor, special edition Red/Black
04 Yamaha Banshee

could you guys give me the ups and downs of these, i already know the prices, and there isn't that much of a difference. i want something quick reliable, and FUN........

AND BY THE WAY, THIS WON'T BE MY FIRST TIME RIDING ANYTHING....

350Xccelerator
05-27-2003, 12:32 AM
get a z400

Wickedfinger
05-27-2003, 12:45 AM
...just pick up any current copy of DirtWheels and you'll find out all you need to know. I would hold out a little longer if I were you though, rumor has it that quite a few "new" quads will be coming out very shortly including a 400 class, Rotax powered Bombardier DS400, a new Honda CRF450 powered TRX, a slightly improved Z400 Arctic Cat, and a 400 class, all new chassied Warrior.

TimSr
05-27-2003, 11:07 AM
i already know the prices, and there isn't that much of a difference.

You need to check with a few more dealers if these are priced the same.

Theyre all decent quads, but without any idea of your experience level, physical attributes, and types of riding and terrain, and amount of money to spend, it would be difficult to say what best suits your needs.

Coty
05-27-2003, 04:21 PM
i have been riding 3and4 wheelers since i was 8, i just have never owned one for myself. so i have all kind of experience on them.

skippy
05-27-2003, 11:45 PM
ok and yr age now? i have 20 yrs in riding atc's! (this year is my 20th).. but i dont ride in the sand frequently, so the banshee is not for me.. tell us more about yourself if you want more opinions...

Coty
05-28-2003, 08:08 AM
i am 19, i like things with alot of HP and ripping through the woods. and wide open runs....and all kind of fun dangerous stuff.... but i am gonna try to find someone with a Raptor and see if can ride it. The banshee is no longer an option for me. but i may wait and see if anything new comes out. What do yall think about the PREDATOR vs. RAPTOR,

ATC crazy
05-28-2003, 07:33 PM
If you like ripping through the woods then the Banshee is out unless you can feather the clutch ALL day. The 400EX would be great for really tight woods and for off camber situations where the Raptor might tip a little easier. If you are going to run in the dunes frequently, go with the Banshee. But If I were you I'd wait until the other models come out (TRX450EX :-P ) But if you love 2-strokes then get the Banshee cause it wont be around for too much longer. My choice out of the 3 would have to be the Raptor.

Oh uh...forget all the Banshee stuff, on account that I just re-read your last post. :rolleyes:

200xer
05-29-2003, 04:16 PM
I like the 400ex just because it is a great trail quad. You can ride it all day and not get tired and beat up. the power is good but not overwhelming. Plus the reliability is top. Not that the other 2 aren't great machines. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Honda300ex
05-30-2003, 02:01 AM
Get a Banshee.. and then give me trailprotrailpro 200x.. ;)

Tman00169
05-30-2003, 06:48 PM
the predator (STOCK) won the open class Gncc race and just about every race its ever been in. is that enuff info for you. if you want to be the all round best then you have got to have the best. nothing else even comes close. do your homework and you will see im not bullshitin ya. i know i did and got one siting in my lawn now. best buy i ever made. no lie.

Big Darn Mike C
05-31-2003, 02:06 AM
Well when I was in the market I listened to every reason why not to get a banshee. Everyone told me all of it's short comings, and then I bought one anyway and let me tell you, it was the smartest damn thing I ever did. people can talk about it's weaknesses, but once you throw a leg over one and get on the pipe it all goes out the window. I ride mostly dunes but occasionally around home with lots of dirts roads, some hills, trails, etc.. and I will have nothing else but a banshee. If tight trails i don't recommend one, but anything else I do. My buddies all have raptors, some with pipes and i still kick their asses and mine is stock. Add pipes and it's a new machine. I should be getting my new LRD's soon. The others you mentioned are great bikes no doubt, but nothing will rock you like a good ol banshee. Best of luck