PDA

View Full Version : RockymountainATV really has me down.

lisnup65
05-27-2003, 10:55 AM
I ordered a bunch of stuff about a month ago from www.rockymountainatv.com, and the order still has not processed!! :(
The hold up is on a tire and rim combo that I ordered for my Blaster. I was told that it would be 7-10 days till the order shipped because the tires were on back order. Well 32 days later and its still a no go. I am not sure if I should just cancel the tires and receive the rest or cancel the complete order. This is a $1000.00 order!!!!! I have nerfs, skid plates, tires, rims, air filters, outter wears, handguards, sprockets, etc on this order. I am already being charged $70.00 for shipping and if I brake the order apart shipping was quoted at $125.00!!!!! :evil:

FullBore
05-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Get in touch withthem and complain, if they don't have a REALLY good excuse request free shipping or somthing, thats not on if you're spending that much $$$$ Get angry! :evil:

Nat

bigred110
05-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Back order can be shorter or longer then they said. So I quess the back order is taking longer then they thought. If so just order a different if you want.

J.D.
05-27-2003, 06:43 PM
You're spening 1,000 bucks with a company and they won't even take care of half the shipping, if not all of it, that's BS in my opinion.

86waterpumper
05-27-2003, 08:35 PM
i've ordered from rocky mountain several times before, and had items backordered. In these cases, they have always shipped the items that were in stock on to me, and not made me wait without me asking, and it was nowhere near a 1,000 dollar order any of the times. In fact, not long ago, I had ordered probably 10 items, and two of them were backordered. They sent all the times but the two right out, and then one of them came in only two or three days after the first shipment, and then finally the last one maybe a week later. I have also never paid extra shipping to do this, that is not very good business. I will say that in my case I knew at least one of the items was going to be backordered, and i went ahead and got it anyway as I wasn't in a hurry. I would call and ask to speak to a manager or something. I like rocky mountain's prices on alot of things, but one thing i like about dennis kirk is the free shipping when you order 100 dollars. Dennis kirk also seems to have stuff in stock more here lately. Rocky mountain is alot cheaper on tire combos, but they should have a shipping cutoff, and 70 ought to dang well be hitting it LOL. Good luck.

skippy
05-27-2003, 11:39 PM
i also have been going around w them.. i ordered some small stuff and a new set of ramps.. and yeah $49 for shipping! ouch,, then the ramps came and they were screwed up! ouch! i was going to hurt someone!

Dirtcrasher
05-28-2003, 10:07 AM
Took about 2 months to get my Bandits because they were out of .190 rims.

als250
05-28-2003, 02:18 PM
I must be getting lucky! :D Have ordered from them twice. First was my Trekkers(on .190 rims) and misc. stuff=$25.00 ship. Told me tires were on back-order for 2 weeks, received all in 9 days. Second order came in 3 days. Both my orders were small($200-$300) but I would not have been happy waiting a month! Now if I had $1000 order in I would expect nothing less than FAST,COURTEOUS SERVICE!! and a deal on shipping!

My .02

Al

yyz4208@aol.com
05-28-2003, 03:30 PM
I would just cancel my order and go someplace else

MR ATC
05-28-2003, 03:36 PM
i do not have a good experiance with these guy's. i ordered a set of fenders from them i was not home so Fed-Ex would not leave it on the porch so they left a note saying they would be back. they never did redeliver them. i soon called Rocky mtn. and they wanted me to pay the shipping fee before they would re-ship i explained to them Fed-Ex made the error and Fed-Ex called them and admitted it. Rocky mtn did not care they wanted me to pay the original shipping and restocking fee before re-shipping. B.S. they then threatend me to put it on my credit report. F-them

lisnup65
06-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Another week and still nothing from them!!!!!! :evil:

J.D.
06-03-2003, 04:37 PM
I would call and ask them where my order is every single day until it came it, I don't like being jacked around with my orders.

TimSr
06-03-2003, 07:30 PM
For those of you who dont understand how this works Ill explain it. R.MtATV is the dealer or retail outlet that sells to the public. They order their product from a distributer, and the distributer buys the product from the MFG. If Rocky has it "in stock", its in their facility, and can be shipped immediately. If they have to "order it", they place an order from the distributer, and can estimate when they will have it based on normal shipping times. When the product is "backordered" it means the distributer does not have it, and is waiting on the MFG. The dealer cannot tell you when it will arrive, because they have no clue. Sometimes MFG will give estimated delivery dates to the distributer, but they are very innaccurate, as its not easy to estimate when you are going to build enough product and have it ready for delivery. With this in mind, you can call every day to the retailer and complain, but its not likley to be built at the MFG any faster. My suggestion is to look for the items that are on backorder elsewhere, and cancel your order for those items at RMATV. Any time something is on backorder, your better off looking elsewhere first, and only opt to wait on it as a last resort. If its "on order" youll only need to wait how ever many days it takes to ship from distributer to retailer.