PDA

View Full Version : Car audio or video, Is any 1 else interested.

lisnup65
05-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Just wondering if any one else on the forum is into mobile audio or video?

Kilborg
05-27-2003, 04:25 PM
I play with mobile audio some, but I don't have the cash to run anything big (and im not even driving at the moment).

lisnup65
05-27-2003, 04:36 PM
I play with mobile audio some, but I don't have the cash to run anything big (and im not even driving at the moment).

I have a full blown audio video system in my car. I have been doing this stuff for over 15 years and I love it. I am the mobiletronics moderator over at www.is300.net Check the place out some times. The parking lot is pure crazy with a anything goes attitude. If you ever need assistance with product, do not hesitate to ask.

kimmer250r
05-28-2003, 07:52 PM
I've been doing car audio for about 10 years and love it. I've done pretty much everyones stereo's that I know. Problem is that I have too many hobbies and haven't got to spend much time on car audio lately. I'm putting up a pole barn in 3 months and plan to start doing it on the side again for extra money. I'll have to check out that site.

dogger
05-28-2003, 08:36 PM
I injoystero stuff myself. Imyself have done about everyone's stero around here except mine which I'm about to change. got mself a kicker 800.2 amp for a pair of 12" orion sub's and I got two set's of mbquartz 6.5 mid's. I need to get kicker's 800.4 amp and a good head unit yet then it's all going in my truck.

FullBore
05-29-2003, 05:33 PM
I'm sorry but I don't see the point in the loud music that these boy racers play, I prefer quality, anyway my truck has no room for sound equipt! It has some kenwood speakers in the front and a decent stereo, it had no rear speakers but i found some at a yard sale for like $4, they're made by Texet and have the bass, mid range and tweeter, so they aren't bad! I have a Rio volt for Mp3's but thats it, sayin gthat I have a 320watt amp in my room with 2 huuuuge speakers and a 300w subwoofer on the computer and a sony 5.1 decoder in the lounge.
I have 1.76GB of MP3's on my computer!

Nat

lisnup65
05-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Here is a sample of the sound quality setup in my car.
Kenwood 911 with 901 processor and full navigation
Kenwood Musickeg MP3 player
Focal Utopia for front stage
Diamond Audio Hex for attuated rear fill(-12db music) full range movies
Image Dymanics ID Max 12" * 2
Crossfire 1/3 octave EQ
Car was sound deadened beyond the comprehension of man
All high end interconnects including Balanced Line Drivers
0 awg and 2 awg power and ground
HiFonics Andromeda amplifiers for 1900 RMS watts of sonic bliss
Bat Cap and Optima for power reserves
Savv Headrest monitors, wireless headphones, etc for video
This is a show car for the audio competition circuit. It does OK SPL, but the design was for a straight up Sound Quality vehicle.

I design and do all work myself. I am beyond the days of back yard installs and do it on a professional level now.

lisnup65
05-29-2003, 08:07 PM
More

lisnup65
05-29-2003, 08:08 PM
A couple more