PDA

View Full Version : Whattcha paying for heating oil??

Dirtcrasher
01-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm curious how this heating bill is affecting everyone.

I paid 803$ for my oil yesterday @ 3.20 a gallon. Thankfully I got a good Xmas bonus and if it's not too cold this can last 2 months in the Northeast US.

I was down to 1 1/2"s of oil in my tank, checking it with a pole. I was hoping it would drop a couple weeks back when the barrel hit 90$ again. But of course, that savings didn't get passed along to us.........

This is just wrong. What about these people on fixed incomes? The couple down the road has there heat at 50 degrees, they can't afford another tank this winter.

How are we gonna live in another 20 years? Our pay (for most of us) simply cannot keep up with the cost of living.

brapp
01-04-2008, 08:03 PM
i burn wood for that reason but it stillcost money and time for fuel and parts for the saw splitter and haulign it to the house.

Eric250R
01-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah it is getting crazy. These days 10 bucks an hour is minimum wage, and anyone making under that has a very hard time just keeping their head above water. I"m a strong advocate for alternitive fuels, but that's not going to happen as long as the oil companies own the goverment.

The Goat
01-04-2008, 11:59 PM
i remember when i used to have a house with a buddy of mine, we didn't have a heater. there were points in the winter where we put our beer in the fridge to keep it from freezing.

i don't really use my heater these days...not much need this winter, the average temp is 75...damn louisiana.

firehart
01-05-2008, 12:50 AM
I heat my home with a pellet stove. But that has gone up to $5.00 a bag. Now it costs between $100 and $120 a month.

WLL
01-05-2008, 01:08 AM
724.00 last month this one was 680.00. i had to cut my sons preschool off and stoped maintaining our cars. we cut our food bill down and bla bla bla!!!!the rich get richer the poor keep working the illegals keep comming. something gotta change in this fkn gready country. get your azz out and vote!!!! im stocking up on bullets and getting ready to flip the f#%* out! our forefathers built this country kicked azz to make it home and im ready to fight to keep it:mad:

Orangecnty250r
01-05-2008, 10:43 AM
My oil tank just cost 1180.00 to fill ....357 gallons in my 550 gallon tank at 3.30 per gallon...I have three other propane tanks on the property and its getting real expensive :eek: :eek:

edog
01-05-2008, 10:56 AM
724.00 last month this one was 680.00. i had to cut my sons preschool off and stoped maintaining our cars. we cut our food bill down and bla bla bla!!!!the rich get richer the poor keep working the illegals keep comming. something gotta change in this fkn gready country. get your azz out and vote!!!! im stocking up on bullets and getting ready to flip the f#%* out! our forefathers built this country kicked azz to make it home and im ready to fight to keep it:mad:

That's what i'm talking about!!!!!!!!!:w00t:

Eric250R
01-05-2008, 03:37 PM

Amen......:mad:

hancadam
01-06-2008, 10:32 AM

I am more than ready!!!!

Dirtcrasher
01-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Amen brother!!

Want hear my crazy idea??

Shut down the borders, no one in and no one out. No importing and no exporting. Drill for our own fuel, or find alternative fuel sources.

Become an entirely independent and self supporting country.

They'll be jobs for everyone.

These F#$!@$ retail stores are paying 1$ a shirt and selling them for 50$. It's bloody theft, right in front of our eyes.....

firehart
01-06-2008, 12:44 PM
I saw vote out ALL of the incumbants and start over. We need a big change in our government. Its supposed to be by the people, for the people.

Bryan Raffa
01-06-2008, 12:54 PM
too mutch ..burning wood mostly..still waiting on Huffa for my Free Fuel delivery.. How mutch do you pay Huffa?:lol:

SmurfanCoke
01-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Got filled last month for 394GBP ( roughly $777 ) and this should last for 3-4 months, it's maybe 4-5 during summertime.

Am I working it out that yours is roughly 70 cents a litre?

Over here it's averaging 41 pence per litre which means their much of a muchness...

I thought you guys paid far less for oil and petrol....

Dirtcrasher
01-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Got filled last month for 394GBP ( roughly $777 ) and this should last for 3-4 months, it's maybe 4-5 during summertime.

Am I working it out that yours is roughly 70 cents a litre?

Over here it's averaging 41 pence per litre which means their much of a muchness...

I thought you guys paid far less for oil and petrol....

Thats what I was curious about - people in the other countries. Not to mention that we have a few members in Alaska and I wonder what they do for heat and what it costs??

Yamahondaman
01-06-2008, 06:46 PM
it's 1-6-08 @ 5:50 pm ... A/C is on down here in Fla. don't ya just LUV IT !

hublake
01-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I sure am glad I live in the woods and have my own oak to use. Last months bill for natural gas was $44.00. I heat mainly with wood and I can cut all my wood in a couple of weeks in the summer. I have just a small place and only use about 5 face cords a winter. We have alot of standing dead oak around here from when the army worms went through a few years ago. It makes great fire wood as you do not have to let it dry.

Eric250R
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Amen brother!!

Want hear my crazy idea??

Shut down the borders, no one in and no one out. No importing and no exporting. Drill for our own fuel, or find alternative fuel sources.

Become an entirely independent and self supporting country.

They'll be jobs for everyone.

These F#$!@$ retail stores are paying 1$ a shirt and selling them for 50$. It's bloody theft, right in front of our eyes.....

I'm in......:twisted:

Rookie
01-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm in. Vote them all out and get new blood in there. I'm tired of these old guys thinking they know whats best for us and then turn around and set themselves up for life with benefits. All those guys are after is power, they don't care about us common folk.

Brockey
01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Redicious isnt it. $1.16 a litre for gas here. Home heating oil is way up there. Dont know the price because I am gone electric heat. But hey the electric charges are gone up aswell. I pay over $300 a month this time of the year for heat and lights. When I was on oil $500 plus a month in the winter. They have oil fields all over the place now and lots of oil and jobs and they have to rape us for more money.

The Goat
01-07-2008, 03:15 AM
what's amazing is you guys are freezing, and i'm having to run my a/c. two days ago it was 25, today it was 84....

Dirtcrasher
01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
The thing is, some people are ordering 25 gallons or 50 gallons because it's all they can afford! This is just crazy, if it continues there are gonna be allot of people living in poverty in the near future. And it isn't just the friggin oil either - it's EVERYTHING!

Bryan Raffa
01-08-2008, 10:13 PM
it's 1-6-08 @ 5:50 pm ... A/C is on down here in Fla. don't ya just LUV IT !

1-8-08 64 dergrees at 9:08 just came in from a bomfire and a cookout!! in Freaken January!!:w00t: don't ya just LUV IT! all windows open..:D

thanks for that warm breeze!

and it still figures they deliverd 250 gal of oil today.

Tri-ZNate
01-08-2008, 10:37 PM
We bought 400 gallons of kerosene back when it was $2.53/gal. On top of that we have 400 gallon of Home brew biodiesel which cost a little more than $.47/gal. Run 50/50 and we stay warm all winter and still have excess fuel for the vehicles :D