PDA

View Full Version : Fast 90 motor, what should i put it in?

HaggLE
01-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Dad found this 90 motor that someone made back in the day, he said he made a few of these but this specific one isnt one of his...

Its a 90 motor with a plate welded to it to suit an XL175 head and cylinder, the 185 and 200 heads werent that common or even made when this was so thats why the xl175 was crafted for more capacity and bigger valves. It also has a stroker crank... 66mm! standard is something like 45mm (correct me if im wrong) and you can get atleast a 75mm piston in one of those XL175 cylinders (292cc!!!!!!!)
So what should I do with it? Ideas?

XL-erate
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Simple I think. You sound a little like a speed crazed maniac, and I admire that in a person. Just stuff it in the lightest chassis you can lay your hands on that fits you and get on with it, man!

200x Basket
01-07-2008, 01:05 PM
sell it to me :)

HaggLE
01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Simple I think. You sound a little like a speed crazed maniac, and I admire that in a person. Just stuff it in the lightest chassis you can lay your hands on that fits you and get on with it, man!

I think with that kind of hp im gunna need suspension? So maybe a thumpster bike converted to a trike?

btw Mart has one if those thumpsters... You may remember him from the lay down 250r motor!

XL-erate
01-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Agreed on suspension. I've known plenty of machines, cars, trucks, 3 & 4 wheelers & bikes that a guy puts all kinds of work into and leaves off details. Looks impressive but ends up a wannabe superfast in a straight line because no traction, but makes great noise, and a bag of worms for handling = waste of time, money & effort!

Also, many times I've seen a machine not as powerful, raw power, as the 'competition' stomp the living daylights out of everything in sight because the details are perfect and the rider/driver knows exactly how to make it do what it does best: SCREAM!

Like they say, do it right or don't do it at all. I'm confident you'll come up with something of properly applied and intelligently designed insanity.

XL-erate
01-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh, and yeah, I've got a nice thumpster chassis sitting out back and a good MIG. The possibilities give a guy shivers :D

HaggLE
01-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Ill throw something together and tell mart it has to go in his thumpster.
Got a nice 34mm carb there too and probably need to make a new exhaust seeing as though the 175 head will have the exhaust in a different spot.