PDA

View Full Version : Uploading pics from photobucket...... Help!!

prohemi500
01-09-2008, 12:06 AM
I have been trying to figure out what is the best way to get my pictures off my computer and on to the forum. All of them are bigger than the 250KB size and I do not have the proper software fro resizing them. I took the advice from another board member and signed up on photobucket. My question is when I load the pics from the computer to my photobucket account, how do I get them on to the board from there? Thanks for any help guys :beer

chris200x
01-09-2008, 12:28 AM
On the bottom of each pic in your photobucket folder there's is 3 links,,, addresses,,, whatever you want to call them. right click on the bottom one. I believe it is. and it should automatically copy that address.

Then when you post here right click the cursor... scroll down to paste... and your golden.

took me along time to figure out how to do it myself..

edog
01-09-2008, 12:36 AM
http://bigwebpages.com/big/resize.html

TwoHundredEx
01-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Heres a pic I made for someone else a while ago.
Click on the photo after you've uploaded it and you will come to a screen like this.
Click on the link in the red circle,it'll say "Copied", then come into your post and paste it.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/Legacy44/sda-1.jpg

SYKO
01-09-2008, 01:58 AM
huh....I use the direct link for photos

prohemi500
01-09-2008, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the reply chris... I cannot find where to paste the address under the "manage attachments" link. I tried the URL line to paste and it said invalid file. I also tried pasting it to the top 4 computer lines and that did not work. Maybe I am not doing something on the photobucket page. All I did was upload the pics to my photobucket account, nothing else.

prohemi500
01-09-2008, 02:11 AM
Got to that page 200ex, but where do I paste it?

TwoHundredEx
01-09-2008, 02:11 AM
Thats all you should have to do, once they're uploaded they're fine.
When pasting it, you don't need to put it in the Manage Attachments section, just right into the post where you would type normally.
It will look like this yourphotolinkhere until you press post, then the pictures will show up.

69HemiGTX
01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Just for future reference, you can resize your pics with Microsoft Paint, which is standard on 99% of their operating systems. For XP-based systems, go to the start menu, select All Programs, select Accessories, then select Paint. When the program opens, go to File on the upper toolbar and select Open. From there, choose where you want to look with the Look In: scroll-down menu. Open your picture and go to Image on the upper toolbar and select Stretch/Skew. You will see two boxes under Strech with 100% in each. Type in the percentage you want the final picture to be for both horizontal and vertical measurements, hit enter, and hey presto, your image is resized. Now you just save it and you're in business. I typically save resized versions as the original file name with -1 added to the end so that I have both the original and resized versions. Hope this helps.

edog
01-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Put the pointer on the URL Link and press right click on your mouse it should say copied.Then go to 3 wheeler world.Then press right click again and copy then select copy.

prohemi500
01-09-2008, 09:46 PM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii275/prohemi500/200x-1.jpg

prohemi500
01-09-2008, 09:49 PM
WOW, how easy was that?? I guess there is hope for people like me!! Thanks for all the help guys!

TwoHundredEx
01-10-2008, 02:38 AM
Good to see you got it all figured out!